RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Woeful stakes

I note that a $50,000 R65 1200 metre race cannot attract a full field; but two days later, at the Te Aroha go rounds, a R65 $10,000 race will have horses balloted out. Within a month trainers will suggest that I take a share in a yearling.  Do no waste your time and, more importantly, do not waste mine.

17 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I note that a $50,000 R65 1200 metre race cannot attract a full field; but two days later, at the Te Aroha go rounds, a R65 $10,000 race will have horses balloted out. Within a month trainers will suggest that I take a share in a yearling.  Do no waste your time and, more importantly, do not waste mine.

go  to aussie lol   

Certainly are good stakes in the lucky country, but given the class of some of our horses, they may battle to win them, I did see where guns ablazing won his second race over there, raced by yargi, was bought out of Southland after 1 start for a 5th by raise the flag.

5 hours ago, Shad said:

Hopefully they get plenty of horses, looks like the Tyler's staying at home, will be hoping the Myers team are attending. 

Bit of rain by looks of it leading into Monday but Omoto drains ok. Pitman yard miss Omoto , Tyler usually has plenty so thats a shame , if Clotworthy and few others don't bother now 3 meetings on Coast , Omoto i fear might be thin . A shame as three cracking days there last year . Stammers must send his usual suspects or it's not the Coast without them.

Hope Myers sends his usual big team as been trying to get a line on his likely candidates up North , Mondarani and Fisherman's Bridge I'd be interested in if they front up in something. 

On 12/29/2020 at 4:23 PM, Shad said:

Hopefully they get plenty of horses, looks like the Tyler's staying at home, will be hoping the Myers team are attending. 

17 in from Myers yard Monday , decent enough noms . That  Fishermans Blue in over 2000, Green Dispatch normally goes out hard so will stretch field out for a fit Myers horses to run over top . 

4 hours ago, Red Rum said:

17 in from Myers yard Monday , decent enough noms . That  Fishermans Blue in over 2000, Green Dispatch normally goes out hard so will stretch field out for a fit Myers horses to run over top . 

Would you like to be paying the training fees for Green Dispatch ?....absolute joke imo

1 hour ago, napier said:

Would you like to be paying the training fees for Green Dispatch ?....absolute joke imo

One word answer " absolutely not " but if I had the time in retirement he would be a good one to give a retirement home to  , French Derby place getter,  closest I'd get to one .  He will try blaze a trail around Omoto I reckon then implode off the turn .He has shown flashes at times last few months but never going to recoup fees IMHO. 

These HK rejects seem to pop up more and more , some going OK.  I am convinced Pakistan Star would clean up here if he went to couple yards up North who really get them sweetened up . There are 3 ex HK runners in on New Years  Day I think at Ellerslie . That Royal Performer looked in good heart last time under an awesome ride by Pinn.

Tomorrow at Ellerslie they are running two Maiden 1600m races for stakes of $10,000. Bernard Saundry should be hangng his head in shame. Surely NZ's premier venue can do better than this at a Saturday meeting? I would say the ARC will spend more than that amount on beverages and food for the freeloaders attending tomorrow.

Leggy NZTR are bereft of ideas when it comes to finding new income streams other than from gaming and betting. Stallion levies and levies on exported horses could be looked at but under the present regime these areas appear to be sacrosanct.

20 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Leggy NZTR are bereft of ideas when it comes to finding new income streams other than from gaming and betting. Stallion levies and levies on exported horses could be looked at but under the present regime these areas appear to be sacrosanct.

Gubes, I don't really see why the breeding/stallion/export industries should be funding domestic racing events. Nor that the gaming industry should be for that matter. They need to stand on their own feet imo. And that probably means lowering not raising stakes, so the stakes are aligned with the earnings from the events.

15 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Leggy the European Breeders' Fund has been running for 37 years. It raises around 5 million euros annually most of which is paid directly into stakes. No reason we couldn't have a modified similar scheme here.

The EBF funds only specific races deemed important to breeders doesn't it? Not contribute to the broad range of domestic racing stakes. I don't have a problem with that if that's what breeders want to do.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

The EBF funds only specific races deemed important to breeders doesn't it? Not contribute to the broad range of domestic racing stakes. I don't have a problem with that if that's what breeders want to do.

There are plenty of EBF maiden stakes , was last time I really checked out race names . Normally a sponsor then EBF add their bit in . 

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Next few days in UK and Ire EBF maiden hurdle , Novice Chase , Bumper and Beginners Chase . 

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Leggy the European Breeders' Fund has been running for 37 years. It raises around 5 million euros annually most of which is paid directly into stakes. No reason we couldn't have a modified similar scheme here.

Some say that NZ Breeders wield a strong influence on NZ Racing. If so, don’t expect to see a breeding levy to fund stakes.