RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
berzerk

Zabeel Classic

1 hour ago, berzerk said:

Just looking at the replay. Enquiry?

I presume you mean Rock on Wood getting chopped out by the 3rd horse. Hardly got a mention, certainly no one on here noticed it. I was surprised there wasn't an enquiry, certainly looked bad side on, but I haven't seen the head on.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I presume you mean Rock on Wood getting chopped out by the 3rd horse. Hardly got a mention, certainly no one on here noticed it. I was surprised there wasn't an enquiry, certainly looked bad side on, but I haven't seen the head on.

I don’t think there was room to go through and if there’s a small chance there was, then the gap wasn’t taken soon enough and it closed. That’s the problem when making inside runs - often the outside finishers prevail.

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

The gap was massive! until Bosson decided to head for the rail at speed! CWJ would have copped 6 weeks, but there will always be a protected species in the horse industry. JMO.

I tend to agree. I certainly was surprised there wasn't an enquiry. Surprised the connections of the 4th horse didn't protest, it was a group 1 after all.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I tend to agree. I certainly was surprised there wasn't an enquiry. Surprised the connections of the 4th horse didn't protest, it was a group 1 after all.

I wasn't. Poor ride for mine. Four back on the fence over 10f, in a group one which always lacks pace. Asking for trouble. 

was a poor ride on rock n wood didnt back it that time but have backed it many times before when it has been unlucky if you do the same thing you will get the same unlucky result. I do agree if it was a different jockey on in a twinkling the punishment would be  way more severe lets not kid ourselves there. 

12 hours ago, chevy86 said:

The gap was massive! until Bosson decided to head for the rail at speed! CWJ would have copped 6 weeks, but there will always be a protected species in the horse industry. JMO.

Agreed Chevy. Is OP not obliged to keep his horse on a straight line? Head on shows he let it drift in. Apparently not. I didn't have a bet but was a little surprised there wasn't a question asked.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Then the Jockey (Elliot) is at fault. If it’s that obvious, why did he not protest? 

I agree Trump if it was as bad as the ones on here were saying then Elloitt would have surely protested...after all he was riding the so called horse that was so called interfered with...JMHO.

For the sanctity of due process there should have been an inquiry. There is little doubt Rock On Wood would have run 3rd, and the only question is whether he had established the run. There is also little doubt that OP is not sufficiently clear when shifting ground.

44 minutes ago, berzerk said:

For the sanctity of due process there should have been an inquiry. There is little doubt Rock On Wood would have run 3rd, and the only question is whether he had established the run. There is also little doubt that OP is not sufficiently clear when shifting ground.

Who said he should have run third the jockey didn't seem to think so or he would have protested...how do you know more than the guy riding it???Just curious.

50 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Who said he should have run third the jockey didn't seem to think so or he would have protested...how do you know more than the guy riding it???Just curious.

My view having rewatched. Bosson does NOT check behind him, but he pulls the horse back half a width towards the rail, to cover anyone sneaking up the inside. 

And they is why he is the champ. It's ..competitive riding, shall we say. 

15 hours ago, mike28 said:

was a poor ride on rock n wood didnt back it that time but have backed it many times before when it has been unlucky if you do the same thing you will get the same unlucky result.

Yeah was unlucky in the Thorndon, Herbie Dyke and Zabeel Classic. The day he won in the Captain Cook he sat 3 wide. He's the best horse in these races, ride him like it and give him clear air. Frustrating to see a good horse keep getting beaten because of pilot misjudgement.

Imho, if you ran 10 races and in all of them a jockey placed his horse on the rails about 5 pairs back, then in at least 50% of the time, the horse will be blocked for a run at a crucial time and lessen its chances to win. If you watch JMac ride, he predominately has his horses at least one of the fence before the turn and even wider. This gives him the opportunity to allow his horses to have a uninterrupted run in the straight. Riding in the UK teaches you that. K McEvoy another one. 

56 minutes ago, Trump said:

Imho, if you ran 10 races and in all of them a jockey placed his horse on the rails about 5 pairs back, then in at least 50% of the time, the horse will be blocked for a run at a crucial time and lessen its chances to win. If you watch JMac ride, he predominately has his horses at least one of the fence before the turn and even wider. This gives him the opportunity to allow his horses to have a uninterrupted run in the straight. Riding in the UK teaches you that. K McEvoy another one. 

SOMEONE has to be on the rails in the first 80% of a race. Maybe you need to look at the real culprit, Bosson. There was a perfect passage for Elliot until he was denied and why there was no protest I do not know. I was of the belief that" crossing" to the fence is Ok when clear on the first lap but jockeys must maintain a straight line in the last 100-200 metres. Silly me.

2 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

SOMEONE has to be on the rails in the first 80% of a race. Maybe you need to look at the real culprit, Bosson. There was a perfect passage for Elliot until he was denied and why there was no protest I do not know. I was of the belief that" crossing" to the fence is Ok when clear on the first lap but jockeys must maintain a straight line in the last 100-200 metres. Silly me.

IF Opie did cross over as you seem to suggest then why did Elliot not protest for sure it would have had to be upheld...I think there was no substantial interference and that is why he did not nor the stewards lodge any form of protest. 

Exactly. Elliot was obviously of the opinion that he wasn’t in the gap or that it made no difference. All this talk of OP being a protected species etc is just rubbish. Give Elliot some credit. It’s not as though he’s a learner. 

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

IF Opie did cross over as you seem to suggest then why did Elliot not protest for sure it would have had to be upheld...I think there was no substantial interference and that is why he did not nor the stewards lodge any form of protest. 

If Bosson was squeaky clean then why the "advice" from the stewards to him? At least if the FAVOURITE in a race in Oz broached suddenly as R.O.W did then the stewards I believe would have had a decent look at it.