RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

Q (1), Maximum cash payout from TAB or tote

I want to have a decent bet on the AC.  Yesterday at my TAB I asked the manager the above. He is Chinese and I couldn't follow his rules.

I have a TAB account, never traded on, as passwords and messages around that give me the tomtits. He seemed to imply that larger payouts had to go in a account.

Also the size of the payout cut can be influenced by the amount of cash held in the agency. So ---

(Q) 2, Can I take my sports bet to the races and get a pay out there?

I want to bet with cash and get paid out with cash. please dont tell its about money laundering. I know that.

8 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I am sure any decent TAB would be able to rustle up $2,770,

Well they really only have to find $770 as Nerula says he wants to bet "in cash" so they would already have his 2K in their till!

5 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Well they really only have to find $770 as Nerula says he wants to bet "in cash" so they would already have his 2K in their till!

I don't even know what the AC is (Auckland Cup?), but I assumed at those odds it was some sort of fixed odd bet that he would place one day and collect a few days/weeks later.

I wouldn't think a decent TAB outlet would have any trouble paying out $1500 in cash. I've made account withdrawals around that size and, while half the time they ask if I want a voucher rather than cash, they've had no problem paying out in cash.

Cashing bets may be different than withdrawing from an account, but if so it's not because they don't have the cash available.

Going on a Sunday when they haven't had a chance send cash to the bank for a couple of days might be your best bet.

You can cash winning sports bets on track, but I don't know if that'd be any better than trying at a TAB. I'm not sure how much of a cash float the oncourse totes would have handy.

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I don't even know what the AC is (Auckland Cup?),

America's Cup? Team NZ is $1.37.

Thanks CS. I want to have a punt on TNZ 1.37.  Might go smaller on US Patriot in the lead up series Prada Cup. They are 1.40.

Barring damage TNZ wins AC. And I think US tech better than Italian. We have seen all these boats out on what they call the back paddock a lot.

The reason I want to bet in cash is walking around money feels better than a bigger account balance. Accountancy and IRD issues?

33 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Thanks CS. I want to have a punt on TNZ 1.37.  Might go smaller on US Patriot in the lead up series Prada Cup. They are 1.40.

Barring damage TNZ wins AC. And I think US tech better than Italian. We have seen all these boats out on what they call the back paddock a lot.

The reason I want to bet in cash is walking around money feels better than a bigger account balance. Accountancy and IRD issues?

AML inhibits what your potentially  trying to do.

Don't blame TAB as law is the law 

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

AML inhibits what your potentially  trying to do.

Don't blame TAB as law is the law 

The law is an ass. 

All this so called protecting the public, is as usual abused by the TAB and other businesses for their own advantage.

45 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Be careful Nerula. The planetary alignment is telling me Team Ineos @ 41s which I have taken. Bojo scoring goals on all fronts so that is also a good sign.

P.S. Never have much left in my account with my punting and can't understand why?🤔