RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

2021 Predictions

Nostradamus has shown he was like a lot of prophets from the past - full of hot air. So, elevating myself to a status above these Prophets of (mainly) doom, here are my 2021 prophecies!

(1) Team NZ will lose the AC to either Dean Barker or Jimmy Spittle. Reason? Experience.

(2) Melanie Trump will engage a big time Hollywood Divorce Lawyer and take Donald to the cleaners!

(3) A Superstar horse will emerge in the Autumn and take all before it. It will be a NZ Bred. 
(4) Trainers Premierships in NZ and Oz will go to (NZ) Jamie Richards (Vic) Maher/Eustace (NSW) Chris Waller (Qld) Tony Gollan

(5) Jockey Premierships will go to (NZ) Danielle Johnson (Melb) Jamie Kah (Syd) JMac (Bris) Ryan Maloney

(6) Melb Cup will be won by a NZ bred (at last!) 

So there it is ! Nostradamus couldn’t better this lot ! 

my prediction

all racing  group ones   will be raced out of headquarters (   they are already proposing it 

there be less group  ones les  staying races 

our group  one wfa  and cups races will be full with rating 60 70 and 80s 

we will have  no rating 90 or higher who have won black type racing here 

more jockeys trainers owners will pull the pin 

and can see them shutting more courses  down 

when you hear at Ellerslie   some corporates  do's  tote operators do very small turnover  you got ask yourself 

Team NZ will WIN the AC. Like the previous issue Burling has been losing the starts. Then when the event started he cleaned up Jimmy S every time.

The point is Jimmy and Dean are both too old for fast decisions. TNZ $1.37 Anyone else $2.90. Get on!

Race stakes will decrease by 20% oh no that actually happened when the 2% a stater fee was introduced. 

Wakefield Challenge at Trentham 7th December

2019 100k Stake
1st = 62,500
2nd = 20,000
3rd = 10,000
4th =  5,000
5th =  2,500
Total stakes paid = 100k

2020 100k Stake
1st = 54,000 -13%
2nd = 15,000 -25%
3rd =  7,000 -30%
4th =  4,000 -20%
5th =  2,000
6th =  2,000
7th =  2,000
8th =  2,000
Total stakes paid = 88k which is 12k less than the advertised stake

Stake placed runners subsidising the also rans is a joke. Stakes need to go up not down.

(5) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary expressed or implied elsewhere in these Rules, a sum of money credited to a horse in respect of a particular Race shall not be deemed to be stakes unless such sum is so credited solely on account of such horse having been placed by the Judge (or, in the case of an inquiry resulting in a change of placings, by the Judicial Committee) in a stake bearing place in that Race. A sum which is intended to be credited to a horse in a particular Race merely on account of that horse having started in a Race shall not be included in the stake advertised for the Race and such sum, when credited or paid, shall not be deemed to be stakes.

3 hours ago, LightsOut said:

Race stakes will decrease by 20% oh no that actually happened when the 2% a stater fee was introduced. 

Wakefield Challenge at Trentham 7th December

2019 100k Stake
1st = 62,500
2nd = 20,000
3rd = 10,000
4th =  5,000
5th =  2,500
Total stakes paid = 100k

2020 100k Stake
1st = 54,000 -13%
2nd = 15,000 -25%
3rd =  7,000 -30%
4th =  4,000 -20%
5th =  2,000
6th =  2,000
7th =  2,000
8th =  2,000
Total stakes paid = 88k which is 12k less than the advertised stake

Stake placed runners subsidising the also rans is a joke. Stakes need to go up not down.

(5) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary expressed or implied elsewhere in these Rules, a sum of money credited to a horse in respect of a particular Race shall not be deemed to be stakes unless such sum is so credited solely on account of such horse having been placed by the Judge (or, in the case of an inquiry resulting in a change of placings, by the Judicial Committee) in a stake bearing place in that Race. A sum which is intended to be credited to a horse in a particular Race merely on account of that horse having started in a Race shall not be included in the stake advertised for the Race and such sum, when credited or paid, shall not be deemed to be stakes.

I would suggest that with the Wakefield having only 8 runners , with only one previous winner , that it should have been run for 40/50k and no black type , instead of the 100k and G2 rating that it was run for . This proofs that our black type races need an overhaul and that with the industry in a tight fiscal position that the race was yet again over valued , as are all of our black type races whilst we continue to fund the majority of NZ races at 10k . Serious restructuring required to start balancing our racing to work within in our means .

14 hours ago, Trump said:

Nostradamus has shown he was like a lot of prophets from the past - full of hot air. So, elevating myself to a status above these Prophets of (mainly) doom, here are my 2021 prophecies!

(1) Team NZ will lose the AC to either Dean Barker or Jimmy Spittle. Reason? Experience.

(2) Melanie Trump will engage a big time Hollywood Divorce Lawyer and take Donald to the cleaners!

(3) A Superstar horse will emerge in the Autumn and take all before it. It will be a NZ Bred. 
(4) Trainers Premierships in NZ and Oz will go to (NZ) Jamie Richards (Vic) Maher/Eustace (NSW) Chris Waller (Qld) Tony Gollan

(5) Jockey Premierships will go to (NZ) Danielle Johnson (Melb) Jamie Kah (Syd) JMac (Bris) Ryan Maloney

(6) Melb Cup will be won by a NZ bred (at last!) 

So there it is ! Nostradamus couldn’t better this lot ! 

Team NZ will be keeping powder dry for the main event Trumpy. American Magic are the only boat within cooee....

Melania might have to get in line. His niece Mary might have a field day, and those tax returns will surface in the court case.

American Pharoah colt Khufu has big wraps on it from the Pike barn.....been well backed in early markets for Karaka Million......might front New Years Day.

B2E17C90-CE2F-4B47-B0E7-AEA5EE3EB731.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Team NZ will be keeping powder dry for the main event Trumpy. American Magic are the only boat within cooee....

Melania might have to get in line. His niece Mary might have a firld day, and those tax returns will surface in the court case.

American Pharoah colt Khufu has big wraps on it at Te Akau...been well backed in early markets...might front New Years Day.

I'm picking O'man will not get the TDS treatment he needs, Biden will continue to be protected by the mongrel press and Khufu will magically transfer to Pike's stable despite O'man's fantasy that all the good 2 yr olds necessarily have to be at Te Akau!

7 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

I'm picking O'man will not get the TDS treatment he needs, Biden will continue to be protected by the mongrel press and Khufu will magically transfer to Pike's stable despite O'man's fantasy that all the good 2 yr olds necessarily have to be at Te Akau!

And I’m fairly certain Chevy is your typical moronic Yank with an IQ lower than a snakes belly......still supporting a maniacal loser.

“The Election was stolen !” Tee shirt all he wants from Santa.....🙄

6 hours ago, Red Rum said:

In my Crystal Balls I can foresee an article a few weeks out from sales time with someone proclaiming " stakes will double " .

It’s already been declared hasn’t it ? Didnt I read see DCE saying that stakes are rising next year so it’s all go for Karaka?

21 minutes ago, Trump said:

It’s already been declared hasn’t it ? Didnt I read see DCE saying that stakes are rising next year so it’s all go for Karaka?

He may have been quoted about stakes doubling a few years back in an article by Guerin,  but this time it's happening,  well not doubling , maybe not that . 

8 hours ago, mr_gee said:

my prediction

all racing  group ones   will be raced out of headquarters (   they are already proposing it 

there be less group  ones les  staying races 

our group  one wfa  and cups races will be full with rating 60 70 and 80s 

we will have  no rating 90 or higher who have won black type racing here 

more jockeys trainers owners will pull the pin 

and can see them shutting more courses  down 

when you hear at Ellerslie   some corporates  do's  tote operators do very small turnover  you got ask yourself 

Looks like plenty of positives for the new year.

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Nothing like yours....supporting Trump.......moron.....😆

Where have I ever said I support Trump (Oz version excluded)? Just love seeing people like you, Idolmite, Uriah etc completely eviscerating yourselves over a political shit-show that has no relevance to NZ and our cosy little marxist enclave. So best you get back in your box and applaud from the sidelines the desecration of what was a USA with potential. And FYI, my nationality is irrelevant and my IQ more than adequate.

7 hours ago, mr_gee said:

i predict mrs   horse  face   to  be investigated and leave  labour 

I predict Ms Adern will be impregnated and in labour by year end.

A Contributor filly will win the NZ Oaks.

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Nothing like yours....supporting Trump.......moron.....😆

I thought this may have been your idea of a joke....that you may be a 'mate' of chevy86 but I now read his reply !

It seems apparent that your comment to him was therefore spoke with the same venom/aggression that you have spoken to others including myself thru 2020.

Personally it didn't worry me one bit , but I think it does little for this site or for your own standing.

I imagine this doesn't worry you one little bit ....you will probably just have another drink and reflect on the good old days when from memory I think you claimed you did marvels  helping run the Auckland Trotting Club .

But if it was my site , and I don't know Leigh the owner ,I would have some of your abuse red flagged with the odd red card or spell given to reflect .

Why ?......I actually have a number of folk suggesting to me that I should post more often .....this suggests to me that these folk are somewhat reluctant to post opinions when the replies get too personal and abusive. 

Just my thoughts.

My predictions for 2021 differ a little from Trumps....

I think Burling/Tuke will steer the AC NZ's way........they have an incredible record at winning allsorts of yacht races and are true humble champions.

And NZ racing will struggle....returns to Owners will continue to struggle to reach 30%. Our horses will still be much sought after.

The negative people in NZ racing will continue to be negative and will continue to highlight every glitch and set back ,while DITTO the Optimists will see the glass half full and spread positivity as it is often in their own best interests to do so..

Boys Get Paid will continue to be a bright spot in NZ Racing.