RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

The Shark retired.....

On 12/21/2020 at 6:37 PM, poundforpound said:

Sorry Melody Belle but I’ve always had him rated the best horse in NZ 

Agree here, he had X factor (RIP) but only won just a coupe of group 1’s. Melody Belle was seriously underrated for years. She has been winning at top level since a 2yo, incredible. 

Silient Achiever passed away today too, I loved this mare. 

9 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Agree here, he had X factor but only won the one group 1. Melody Belle was seriously underrated for years. She has been winning at top level since a 2yo, incredible. 

I'd have Te Akau Shark only slightly ahead on the top line OZ form, tie the form in with Magic Wand, Verry Ellegant and was nose  ahead of her when they were both gasping for air  behind Addeyeb last year . Both fantastic horses but just TAS so fragile and MB so hardy ,  TAS didn't really get the chance to mop up group 1s here .  I wouldn't back much either way in a match race .

Imho, if one is to compare these two top performers I think you have to look at their respective form in Group races in Australia. Neither of them could be anyway compared to the great Sunline, in fact, they shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Sunline as far as performances go. She was a freak. Back to these two. I think that they both performed really well in Aust Group races, both winning at G1 level and being placed in other Group races in good company. The NZ form is not a consideration given the weakness of the opposition they faced. Easy pickings but weak compared to their placings in Oz. Both performed well. Hard to pick one but the Sharks Cox Plate run was a cracker. Too hard to choose - maybe a tie is fair? I’d like to have had a share in either! :)

8 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Agree here, he had X factor (RIP) but only won just a coupe of group 1’s. Melody Belle was seriously underrated for years. She has been winning at top level since a 2yo, incredible. 

Silient Achiever passed away today too, I loved this mare. 

Wasn't tight with cash with her matings , Frankel,  Galileo and Kingman .

50 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I couldn’t see how any of them went?

Lady Faustina the first Frankel unraced, shown on NZTR as still in training but records not accurate as has a filly foal by Zacinto . Frankel colt is 3 , Galileo colt 2 and Kingman yearling colt . Not sure who trains the older of the colts or if they have been named .

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

That eye problem he caught in Sydney eventually caused blindness in both eyes, poor bugger. Deserved better than that.

Definitely deserved better ,   they would have put a bit into trying to help him if Gingernuts is anything to go by . Someone told me a few years ago of a retired horse they got off Te Akau ,  by all accounts they were pretty generous with what came with the horse  . That  horse went to a very good home and was well re trained .