RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

America’s Cup

Congratulations to NZ and the Event organisers. The start of the World Series event was a cracker and the coverage on TV for us expats is fantastic viewing. How good are the overheads with what must be Drone TV? Superb! And great to see Dean Barker and the NYYC go to the lead with what seems a very fast boat.Bring it on! These boats are fantastic! F1 on water!

10 hours ago, Trump said:

Congratulations to NZ and the Event organisers. The start of the World Series event was a cracker and the coverage on TV for us expats is fantastic viewing. How good are the overheads with what must be Drone TV? Superb! And great to see Dean Barker and the NYYC go to the lead with what seems a very fast boat.Bring it on! These boats are fantastic! F1 on water!

I was on North Head and did not see any drones Trumpy, but there were a couple of helicopters filming the racing by "dancing" above the yachts/seaplanes? Don't think Civil Aviation authorities would allow mixing of the helicopters with drones.

39 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

I was on North Head and did not see any drones Trumpy, but there were a couple of helicopters filming the racing by "dancing" above the yachts/seaplanes? Don't think Civil Aviation authorities would allow mixing of the helicopters with drones.

I think drones work on a different level to choppers. But maybe the overhead shots were from cameras mounted on the top of the mast? Either way, the TV coverage is the best it’s ever been. At the moment, TNZ and American Magic are looking good. 

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

I think drones work on a different level to choppers. But maybe the overhead shots were from cameras mounted on the top of the mast? Either way, the TV coverage is the best it’s ever been. At the moment, TNZ and American Magic are looking good. 

Someone "in the know" will know but the choppers were operating very low at times.

32 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Someone "in the know" will know but the choppers were operating very low at times.

Correct chevy86......choppers very active , getting some great filming !

The live broadcast filming really is impressive , with the graphics from Ian Taylor's Dunedin company simply brilliant.

Some clever and skilled folk had their talents polished in Dunedin ......dentists , doctors etc !

On 2/13/2021 at 3:57 PM, Shad said:

Anyone else getting bored with the hour build up to the racing, with most presenters having little of no knowledge of yachting, apart from a couple of exceptions, maybe I'm just impatient.

Easy soluion. Turn the TV on an hour later. You're welcome. 

Yep resorted to doing this, then again at half time, don't understand why it's not fronted by a much more knowledgeable presenters, no brainer for such a big event, makes us look very average in my opinion