RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Happy Place Disqualified.

2 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Bute is a pain relief treatment generally given orally. It has a with-holding period of 42 days .  Not sure the race with-holding period.

I last used it when having my colt gelded, a week of treatment 10 mls each time. The vets recommend it. 

Powered Penicillin is also given for virises and infections orally and generally administered in hardfeed.

You can see that remnants of these medicines can be spilt or left behind  so having a place eclusively for the treated horse available is paramount and should not be accessible to horses in full health and in training.  Sometimes transferred remnants could be hard to control as moving horses about a proprty is restricted. 

4 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

The old cobalt situation again. This reading (290) was high considering the allowed (100) . You can never be certain where this element be picked up from as it can be in the ground, found in fertilizer,  created naturally by the horse themselves and be present in some stockfeeds. All these can vary in amounts throughout them .It could also be found on the racecourse.  Where did this high reading come from ? From the above post no other action other than the disqualification is mentioned. So guess there is no sugestion of foul administration of this element and the Trainer is not at fault ??  

1 minute ago, 2Piper said:

The old cobalt situation again. This reading (290) was high considering the allowed (100) . You can never be certain where this element be picked up from as it can be in the ground, found in fertilizer,  created naturally by the horse themselves and be present in some stockfeeds. All these can vary in amounts throughout them .It could also be found on the racecourse.  Where did this high reading come from ? From the above post no other action other than the disqualification is mentioned. So guess there is no sugestion of foul administration of this element and the Trainer is not at fault ??  

On a note of the horse it was my first pick for the race and won some money . At $10 and nice draw it was certainly value that day. It's next winning performance should now be rather earlier than later. 

2 piper 

Bute is a pain relief treatment generally given orally. It has a with-holding period of 42 days .  Not sure the race with-holding period.

I think you'll find it is 5 days ( report done in ozzie a number of years ago )  trainers will go 7 to be under 100  μg/ml. to be safe having said that FFEI now puts it at 13 days I think

So what's the fine 5K ? 

15 hours ago, thrillsnspills said:

2 piper 

Bute is a pain relief treatment generally given orally. It has a with-holding period of 42 days .  Not sure the race with-holding period.

I think you'll find it is 5 days ( report done in ozzie a number of years ago )  trainers will go 7 to be under 100  μg/ml. to be safe having said that FFEI now puts it at 13 days I think

So what's the fine 5K 

1 hour ago, thrillsnspills said:

Just the lost of prize-money.

Have JCA gone soft 2Piper

In the past first time offence's have been given between 3.5k and 5k fines so what's changed or is it about we cant disclose what some gets fined for privacy reasons. 

getting the disqualification out of the way quick - other charges to follow at a separate hearing

Happy Place

Decision

[61] In the final result we impose a fine of $3400.

[62] We confirm our previous ruling of 11 December 2020 that:

d) That pursuant to Rule 1004D(6) HAPPY PLACE is disqualified from 1st place in Race 1 at Alexandra Park on 13 November 2020.

e) That the disqualification is effective as of 13 December 2020.

f) Placing and stakemoney are to be adjusted in accordance with our Ruling.

Costs

[63] The RIU have made no application for costs. On that basis and due to the fact, this matter was determined ‘on the papers’ we make no order for costs in favour of the RIU or JCA.

Dated at Auckland this 7 day of January 2021

GR Jones

Chairman