RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Another P Lamb Shambles

Have a look at this report and then watch the video of the start if you have not seen it already. How does he get away with it

TASMAN TEMPEST - reared as the start was effected before breaking losing ground. A warning was placed on the barrier record of the gelding. Weakened final bend. A post-race veterinary examination revealed no abnormalities.
PRECIOUS SARA - broke at the start losing all chance. A warning was placed on the barrier record of the mare.
MARKHAM EYRE - broke and shifted outwards at the start checking outside runner losing all chance. A warning was placed on the barrier record of the gelding.
DHAULAGIRI - began awkwardly before being checked by an inside runner losing all chance.
LAST OF THE MOHICANS - driver S O'Reilly reported the removable deafeners were not activated due to having the field covered.
CAESAR'S QUEST - driver L McKay was spoken to and advised to break up her use of the whip with alternative actions. When spoken to regarding the improved performance trainer J McDermott reported the gelding races best on the grass and had appreciated the standing start.
PERCY - hampered by a breaking runner at the start. Driver T Bamford reported that he lost his whip near the 300 metres.

CONQUER ME - hampered by a breaking runner at the start. Held up early stages of the run home.

He gets away with it because only the Premier Club Addington has taken a stand and replaced him. Some shocking starts at Methven.  Drivers at fault he will say but really he's the starter and was letting them go with several lines still moving up. 

Time the Horsemen (woman)made a statement!

Worst things to come he's probably going to Westport to wreck them as well!🤬

16 minutes ago, Keneperu said:

He gets away with it because only the Premier Club Addington has taken a stand and replaced him. Some shocking starts at Methven.  Drivers at fault he will say but really he's the starter and was letting them go with several lines still moving up. 

Time the Horsemen (woman)made a statement!

Worst things to come he's probably going to Westport to wreck them as well!🤬

And Harness wonder why people are departing the sport and here I'm talking owners and punters. I know of numerous punters who refuse to back Standardbreds anymore, worse still because they loved harness the most.

Why the drivers association has not taken issue is beyond belief or do they represent the few who do the run up starts and get away with it?

There is going to be changes in the RIU and JCA in the new year according to Harness Trainers association, if there is a shifting of staff that might help sort things out in the Stipes, Starters, and staff area, we can only hope. I would say this is where it has to happen as it is quite obvious that most of the clubs have put this issue in the to hard basket, and as long as he is under the RIU wing nothing will change.

2 hours ago, badger said:

There is going to be changes in the RIU and JCA in the new year according to Harness Trainers association, if there is a shifting of staff that might help sort things out in the Stipes, Starters, and staff area, we can only hope. I would say this is where it has to happen as it is quite obvious that most of the clubs have put this issue in the to hard basket, and as long as he is under the RIU wing nothing will change.

Seeing is believing HRNZ are a joke from the top down and as soon as the top departs for smart people the game can progress.

A few bad apples are spoiling the whole game IMHO and im not at all unhappy about some actions RIU have taken recently- INCA aside

As I've said on numerous occasion's  Lambs position is untenable from a conflict of interest perspective

15 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

As I've said on numerous occasion's  Lambs position is untenable from a conflict of interest perspective

He has to go from any involvement in the sport - he is a vinditive bully with the hide of a rhino. He obviously feels no embarassment or guilt in his ineptness by fronting up at the meetings - whereas most people would have resigned or be hanging their heads in shame.

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

He has to go from any involvement in the sport - he is a vinditive bully with the hide of a rhino. He obviously feels no embarassment or guilt in his ineptness by fronting up at the meetings - whereas most people would have resigned or be hanging their heads in shame.

How very very true. Vindictive is the right word to describe the bully. Good honest post about the person responsible for killing this once great sport! A very sad state of affairs.

1 hour ago, Keneperu said:

How very very true. Vindictive is the right word to describe the bully. Good honest post about the person responsible for killing this once great sport! A very sad state of affairs.

At least he is only diminishing it  in Canterbury NZMTC excluded of course.What is wrong with all these clubs who see the cock ups and wont get rid of him. 

14 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You join a growing list of people who can see the wood from the trees. Shame club officials who employ him cant

What we see is how versatile a horse can be, some stand, some walk, some jog and if your M Purdon in the cup, you can be nearly going racing speed. All this in a small area on the track

but it will be RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

10 hours ago, One more lap said:

What we see is how versatile a horse can be, some stand, some walk, some jog and if your M Purdon in the cup, you can be nearly going racing speed. All this in a small area on the track

but it will be RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Haha.

The starter down south is as bad if not worse. DD and now BO win so.many races at the start its ridiculous. A few have caught on but  anyone see the first at Gore. 2 false starts. He must have read the rule book

On 12/27/2020 at 4:56 PM, JJ Flash said:

Haha.

The starter down south is as bad if not worse. DD and now BO win so.many races at the start its ridiculous. A few have caught on but  anyone see the first at Gore. 2 false starts. He must have read the rule book

Another fiasco in last race, some didn't hear the false start and done a lap, seemed like a very quick vet check, and they were off again, one of those runners did win the race, but I thought all should have scratched, don't know where the clerk of the course was positioned, obviously not in the right position or having a day out in the sun, what's the point of even having one, admittedly it was windy and the whistle wasn't heard, anyone else have any thoughts on this

After the last race at Westport one should have rung the integrity line and reported it, no bloody way those horses should have started, just skinning the punters and leaving a very sour taste in one's mouth, was very tempting to talk to stipe as he wasn't far from where I was sitting, but thought I may get barred if I did so.

I was watching the stand starts at Cambridge and some horses where virtually sprinting when tape released. Isn't a standing start meant to mean all horses ate standing when tapes are released. It's becoming like a Nascar rolling grid start. What are the actual rules on Standard starts for this uninformed person. 

23 hours ago, Keneperu said:

Hopefully he wont be at the Mot today. Time the drivers stood together and made a statement!

It certainly did not sound like him although this comment is based on one race that i watched on TV

7 hours ago, Dockers said:

I was watching the stand starts at Cambridge and some horses where virtually sprinting when tape released. Isn't a standing start meant to mean all horses ate standing when tapes are released. It's becoming like a Nascar rolling grid start. What are the actual rules on Standard starts for this uninformed person. 

In Canterbury currently the rule is.... Anything goes, do what you like ..... 

53 minutes ago, thrillsnspills said:

yes have your big races as stand 

So how does that mitigate incompetence? Only magnifies it when so much at stake. 2020 NZ Cup would have to be in most people's eyes the worst exhibition of starter management ever--unless of course your name is Purdon.