RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
stodge

How Bad a Ride is This?

Oh I thought the ride may have been belle plasir at Wellington today, trainer said to be ridden behind, and thanked Bruce Herd for doing alot of work to get it to settle and relax, rider takes it to the front, must be frustrating for trainers and owners.

14 minutes ago, Shad said:

Oh I thought the ride may have been belle plasir at Wellington today, trainer said to be ridden behind, and thanked Bruce Herd for doing alot of work to get it to settle and relax, rider takes it to the front, must be frustrating for trainers and owners.

Bishop obviously didn't get the memo , didn't only go to the front but actually pinged along , i thought she was dead and buried at the 300 but stuck on great for 3rd . I thought she was a special today on form but you can't mitigate for jockeys , but plenty of other poor rides today as per usual , the standard in NZ now is so average , only a couple you can trust to have a punt . 

22 minutes ago, Shad said:

Thought it relaxed and raced quite kindly myself.

13 minutes ago, nomates said:

Bishop obviously didn't get the memo , didn't only go to the front but actually pinged along , i thought she was dead and buried at the 300 but stuck on great for 3rd . I thought she was a special today on form but you can't mitigate for jockeys , but plenty of other poor rides today as per usual , the standard in NZ now is so average , only a couple you can trust to have a punt . 

Yeah I thought it was a good bet,took razors edge today, got bet on early took the 51s and 11s fixed, payed 16s place tote and race closed at 80s and 19s fixed , nice ride I thought to get to the rail from 14 at the barrier, before the first turn, stuck on well.

10 hours ago, nomates said:

Rode one for me a few years ago, was asked to have the last run, as the big dopey bugger would loaf if he got to the front too soon. Hit the front before the turn .

Horse won so couldn't say very much...but obviously hasn't got any better at listening. 

No doubt we'll see him down here before much longer....meanwhile Kozzi Asano relocates north....sigh....

Interesting we won a race at invercargill year or so back, horse sat 3 wide the trip over 2100m, I happened to be watch it at the tab, cursing under my breath, as it happened he ended up winning by the skin of his teeth, always good to get a win, but those hard runs can knock them around.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, stodge said:

This afternoon, at Cagnes-Sur-Mer, in a 4000m hurdle, take a look at Johnny Charron on the 11/2 shot MANSIONSA in the green on the nearside rail:

Looking at the horse of Sophie Leach''s that beat him in November at Fontenblau  that field are not much chop at all   , it looks awful the ride and no idea about the horse maybe it finds zero off bridle and needs kidding along because it's form is poor , or it could well be that jockey is hopeless as it looks .

Was that good Irish hurdler about 15 back found nil off bridle so needed kidding home  , I will dig out name . 

10 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Harchibald was the Irish Hurdler , high class animal but emptied out real quick if not kidded along  , 2007 Christmas Hurdle , cruised up double handful , beaten head . Did that a few times I think .

Yes, did the same in the Champion Hurdle in 2005 losing out to HARDY EUSTACE.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:32 PM, Aaron Bidlake said:

How long did he get? 

He got 15 days.

The "excuse" was he believed the mare had a breathing problem and didn't want to be too hard on her. The trainer admitted the mare wasn't in the best of health but vehemently denied he had instructed the jockey not to win. He expected the jockey to have a "holiday".

It didn't look good but there may be some underlying excuses.

7 hours ago, stodge said:

Yes, did the same in the Champion Hurdle in 2005 losing out to HARDY EUSTACE.

The way he ran down Rooster Booster from a mile back in 2004 Christmas Hurdle , no whip at all shows his class , 2004 Fighting Fifth as he cruised home taking the piss out of opposition,  then Champion Hurdle when he blew out late from double handful to empty where he did actually get a late crack whip but did nothing , if punter didn't know that horse they would be spitting tacks on a few occasions.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:50 AM, jimbob said:

That was an example of racing with a  jockey not using a whip. will be time to retire from punting on horses when this happens

Never mind not using the whip, he didn't even use enthusiasm!!!