RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

,quaddie place 6 payout query

Last night at Palmy main ,quaddie pool was 8598.30 was struck  but looking at the result after about 7500 jackpotted so obviously the winner had 10% of something similar,I had a guy on race cafe who reckoned he could scoop the place 6 pool with a percentage bet,I reckon hes wrong,am I correct you cant win the total pool on anything with a percentage bet but what if the pool is a terminating pool as in pick 6 can you scoop the entire pool then,just curious to clarify things,even the TAB site dont seem clear.

18 hours ago, mikenz said:

Let's say you have a pick 6 ,your the only winner you take 10% bet,do you get the whole pool or your 10%,I say you get ya 10%and the rest goes back in the kitty.

We get to win less money for the same investment than we used to.In days gone bye we could have taken a 50c =/50% bet and scooped the pool, if you were the sole winner of a 10k pool the dividend would be declared as 20k and you would get 50% =10k, but not anymore , now we get to win LESS money for the same spend, and I believe while the dead money can make SOME pools attractive dead money is just dead money and by not being returned to punters is killing turnover.If all pools terminated AS THEY USED TO we would have more money to reinvest ,we would simply WIN MORE MONEY, dead money is self evident, that money is never ever won, some money is ALWAYS being held back from punters ,so while a race might have a big pool payout on the one hand another race is jackpotting punters money on the other.With terminating pools EVERY DOLLAR IS PAID OUT and as you can scoop pools with % bets you get more for your money in comparison.Hundreds of thousands is robbed from winning punters under this current system every month( they used to have 3 or 4 hundred k to boost a lucky meeting every month)It is wrong, it is stupid, it is retarded , it is australian( it changed with the introduction of comingled bets)