RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Jean Feiss Comments

All Stars' stars staying put

17 November 2020 , News

By Adam Hamilton 

Two of the All Stars’ best horses, New Zealand Cup champion Self Assured and Amazing Dream aren’t going anywhere.

Hugely successful Victorian-based owner Jean Feiss has confirmed Self Assured and Amazing Dream will be trained by Hayden Cullen in the wake of news Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen are taking a break from the sport.

And she’s completely supportive of Purdon and Rasmussen “doing what’s right for them.”

“From my point of view, nothing is going to change. Self Assured is going to Auckland and then I believe Mark’s bringing him across to Sydney for the Miracle Mile,” Feiss said.

“It’s been reported like it’s the end of the world, but Hayden (Cullen) is a great horseman in his own right and there’s no reason he can’t carry on and train these horses to the best of their ability and I’m sure Mark and Nat will be around for a while to help him.

“I think, at least for a fair while, it’ll be business as usual. I don’t think it’s bad as everyone else seems to think.

“My horses will stay with Hayden, I don’t see anything changing.

“Mark and Nat have certainly earnt a break, even a fairly long one. Being a trainer myself I know the hard yards you’ve got to put in and the worry and the disappointment. It’s time they started thinking about themselves.

“It’s been a tough year anyway, this virus has driven us all a bit crazy. They need a break and good luck to them.”

To the disappointment of Victorians, Feiss confirmed Self Assured would not tackle the Hunter Cup.

“No, he’s not going to Victoria, nor is Amazing Dream,” she said. “Both of them will be set for Sydney with Amazing Dream going for the Ladyship.”