RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

Manawatu harness racing

50 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Perhaps horse betting decline is directly related to reduction of exposure - No free TV,  No Radio, Damn near no newspaper coverage,  No Best Bets type publications,  etc. etc. etc.      You can't make an omelette without eggs!

And you cant waste money you don't have ,John and Glenda tried that and we all know how it ended up. Also the 20% of punters who do 80% of turnover will find a way to bet . Time for the likes of you and the Mikes of the world to move on as the NZTAB clearly has

36 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

And you cant waste money you don't have ,John and Glenda tried that and we all know how it ended up. Also the 20% of punters who do 80% of turnover will find a way to bet . Time for the likes of you and the Mikes of the world to move on as the NZTAB clearly has

12 months time we will get a clearer idea if they have really moved on and are doing as well as they say,and personally I hope they are time will tell, or will harness be paying $5000 stakes,its all the great unknown,its all supply in demand,harness at the moment is pretty average mostly and if the big punters are being restricted well how will they raise income,we will see,I'm done on the matter for now.

26 minutes ago, mikenz said:

if the big punters are being restricted well how will they raise income,

Dont be fooled by the restricted punters stories. No bookie in the world wants the snipers who continually win. That's why i mentioned GBM  in terms of codes payouts. As these restricted punters reduce GBM the codes  should be applauding the new TAB strategy. You can get set for reasonable amounts on any harness race if your smart. 

I'm picking that with AS team going into sabbatical a lot of the bigger punters wont bother with harness as their strike rate encouraged smart punters to unload knowing they were usually betting on the best prepared and driven. Their UDR certainly backs those points up

Yes JJ Flash you cant run these services without the income but how do you get it?       Unlike many of you people I dont have the answer but as sure as damn I cant see that elimination of the information from the GP is a step in the right direction.      Yes, there is a very good website containing a myriad of information, sadly this avenue of information does not improve the exposure of the business.    Like, I dont follow hockey for example, and nothing the hockey buffs put in their website will change this situation, simply because I never visit (surf?) their site.     And of course those who dont wager do not visit the wagering sites, even this site.    They also dont (or didnt) buy Best Bets so that leaves the printed press or the radio/tv outlets as the only real avenues.    But these organisations have given racing the bugger off ticket so it appears to be a brick wall  situation.     Perhaps the start to reversing the trend lies with the clubs themselves.     Advertising their meetings in shop windows, livery on their vehicles, and utilisation of the free letterbox weeklies we all get in our letterboxes.     Of course none of these are the answer and would probably have minimal impact in the big centres where racing is on every week but with help from the programming committees some areas could benefit.     You do have to feel sorry for Palmie who have to try and run a break evens meeting which was given to them to be run on a Tuesday and in daytime when majority of population working.     Let's all work from home and use the net which enables us to be more flexible as to when we can take time off, but unfortunately as my barber said to me, you cant cut hair online!

53 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yes JJ Flash you cant run these services without the income but how do you get it?       Unlike many of you people I dont have the answer but as sure as damn I cant see that elimination of the information from the GP is a step in the right direction.      Yes, there is a very good website containing a myriad of information, sadly this avenue of information does not improve the exposure of the business.    Like, I dont follow hockey for example, and nothing the hockey buffs put in their website will change this situation, simply because I never visit (surf?) their site.     And of course those who dont wager do not visit the wagering sites, even this site.    They also dont (or didnt) buy Best Bets so that leaves the printed press or the radio/tv outlets as the only real avenues.    But these organisations have given racing the bugger off ticket so it appears to be a brick wall  situation.     Perhaps the start to reversing the trend lies with the clubs themselves.     Advertising their meetings in shop windows, livery on their vehicles, and utilisation of the free letterbox weeklies we all get in our letterboxes.     Of course none of these are the answer and would probably have minimal impact in the big centres where racing is on every week but with help from the programming committees some areas could benefit.     You do have to feel sorry for Palmie who have to try and run a break evens meeting which was given to them to be run on a Tuesday and in daytime when majority of population working.     Let's all work from home and use the net which enables us to be more flexible as to when we can take time off, but unfortunately as my barber said to me, you cant cut hair online!

The radio or lack of is the one that gets me,I check out fields info etc etc on here but I'm not interested in listening to a app all day,only for the odd race,I'm sure many others share my sentiment but as I said before,maybe somewhere it will come back but maybe a trimmed down version,there was a lot of times outside peak hours it must have been marginal,profit wise but I'm sure on Saturdays, Boxing day etc it must be worth it,and hopefully someday it will return,here is hoping.

13 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Thats the TAB job to take bets, you obviously do not know where they make their income from these days. Its roughly 33% sport,domestic racing and the same for international racing

The NZTAB's function now under the new racing act is to garner revenue from betting. This includes sport betting which is growing rapidly and harness which is declining 

Greg

I'm not surprised its declining with service like that, and it still doesn't explain why you can have comments from greyhound racing from somewhere we have never heard of .. and nothing from Manawatu harness.

6 hours ago, Everton said:

I'm not surprised its declining with service like that, and it still doesn't explain why you can have comments from greyhound racing from somewhere we have never heard of .. and nothing from Manawatu harness.

Perhaps the codes body never sent them through.