RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

Manawatu harness racing

I can get form for dogs across australia and dogs today at Manawatu. But as an effort by HRNZ to keep turnover as low as possible to show that Central District HR should be eliminated .... there is no picks or comments at all. A DISGRACE FOR HARNESS RACING !!! hOPEFULLY THE tab WILL TAKEBETS ON THE 9 COMPETITIVE RACES.

To try to help punters "hutt park Harry' selects following formanawatu today. Free to air... 

race 1. 10.12.7

race2..1.5.10

race3..2.1.9

race4..9.3.1

race5..7.6.1

race6..11.9.6

race7..2.1.5

race8..3.11.7

race9..7.4.8

The Aramoho best bet of the day.....race 7 Eagle Watch...

3 hours ago, john legend said:

I can get form for dogs across australia and dogs today at Manawatu. But as an effort by HRNZ to keep turnover as low as possible to show that Central District HR should be eliminated .... there is no picks or comments at all. A DISGRACE FOR HARNESS RACING !!! hOPEFULLY THE tab WILL TAKEBETS ON THE 9 COMPETITIVE RACES.

I actually believe that if it's okay for Manawatu to race Tuesdays then why not all those low decile sunday meetings they have from addington being Tuesdays too,leaving sundays for Southland or even a gallop meeting in the mainland.

3 hours ago, john legend said:

You say about the TAB taking bets,one thing I do find a bit off putting is the pushing of betting on e sports,(soccer)1 site betway has e sports at the top of the in play football section,how bad is that?

4 hours ago, john legend said:

Picks are on website now.

49 minutes ago, mikenz said:

ason Teaz and some other guys selections,he has done a good job for harness has MrTeaz yet the fellows in suits dont want him.

Tell us more , who are these suits you refer to?? Do you know for sure he is not wanted as my understanding was he discontinued his position down south.

24 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Maybe I will flick through the radio dial.maybe I'm wrong,I have tried now and then but nothing ,just silence.

Your fast heading towards full mooner status based on your posts of late.

Trackside radio is gone as are 300 staff. Its called business restructuring which was brought about by Glenda and John and their cohorts fucking up the TAB over many years to the point where Winnie had to bail them out as they were more or less bankrupt.

Based on numbers ive seen  for this season the NZTAB costs are now down and they are running above budget on the  income side with significant improvements in GBM

Trackside Radio and many other costs were  non productive luxuries and thus costs the industry cannot afford at present

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Your fast heading towards full mooner status based on your posts of late.

Trackside radio is gone as are 300 staff. Its called business restructuring which was brought about by Glenda and John and their cohorts fucking up the TAB over many years to the point where Winnie had to bail them out as they were more or less bankrupt.

Based on numbers ive seen  for this season the NZTAB costs are now down and they are running above budget on the  income side with significant improvements in GBM

Trackside Radio and many other costs were  non productive luxuries and thus costs the industry cannot afford at present

Greg

I was being a bit sarcastic before in my comment,I am in no doubt that trackside radio did cost a lot to run,after all radio sport went belly up,I'm in a rural environment and while working listening to trackside is just part of ya listening habits,now it's gone,I'm not the only one who is of the same opinion.however they do have trackside radio on the rova app,its a simulcast of the tv,now on days where this is no nz racing the simulcast is fine but it's very amatuer,on labour day I wanted to hear a race from Ascot park,when I switched on there was a race on from oz,half way through they just cut it off and went to invers so someone is changing the channels,gee even a proper radio station on rova app on busy days is a start,they reduced a lot of staff off the tv but surely a small staff doing a proper radio show is a positive idea,and hey maybe they may do something like that in the future,the tab website radio is very unreliable on my smartphone,rova seems to work fine.

11 hours ago, john legend said:

It's as you say a disgrace, I rang the TAB and they didn't comprehend my complaint. I gave up in the end, It just beggars belief, who the hell is running things ? .. it never gets resolved and keeps happening.

16 hours ago, mikenz said:

but surely a small staff doing a proper radio show is a positive idea,

Can you not grasp the concept of - it produces no income but is a COST to the industry, just as the Box Seat was.The latter has been reintroduced as a result of GO finding sponsors but it  also keeps him and MG in some income.

If the codes want to spend funds created by their TAB income on TV shows then they can. The proviso now is that they will be paying for out of funds which could be going into higher stakes. Those are the 2 options

Finally , can you offer us some sort of guidance as to how much you punt in a month?. I'm sure we are going to get a fascinating response.

23 hours ago, mikenz said:

You say about the TAB taking bets,one thing I do find a bit off putting is the pushing of betting on e sports,(soccer)1 site betway has e sports at the top of the in play football section,how bad is that?

Thats the TAB job to take bets, you obviously do not know where they make their income from these days. Its roughly 33% sport,domestic racing and the same for international racing

The NZTAB's function now under the new racing act is to garner revenue from betting. This includes sport betting which is growing rapidly and harness which is declining 

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Can you not grasp the concept of - it produces no income but is a COST to the industry, just as the Box Seat was.The latter has been reintroduced as a result of GO finding sponsors but it  also keeps him and MG in some income.

If the codes want to spend funds created by their TAB income on TV shows then they can. The proviso now is that they will be paying for out of funds which could be going into higher stakes. Those are the 2 options

Finally , can you offer us some sort of guidance as to how much you punt in a month?. I'm sure we are going to get a fascinating response.

Firstly as I have had an account with TAB since 1984 it's fair to assume that they have done ok over the years probably from all of us,at present I'm just a occasional bet just now,have other things going on in life at present but still have a solid interest in racing and racing matters and I see good changes and bad changes,be good if everyone else put down what they spend as well,anyway I think sports betting is good but e sports,2 guys sitting at home on a computer,that's getting a bit over the edge,after all those 2 guys are probably punting big on these matches because they know the result.

As for the radio,yes it does cost a lot to run but they did have a extensive radio show,everyday till last race in oz,but in that scenario it probably wasn't profitable,that why I say maybe some audio setup on some days is probably a feasible idea,who knows,the simulcast of the tv they have on rova app is airy fairy,you never know what ya gunna get when someone is sitting somewhere just changing channels when it suits,I'm not the only one missing the radio,in a rural area when you work rural it's just part of ya listening habits,now just listen to music or talkback,if you really want to hear or watch a race you will find a way,as via the app or tv but it's the wider picture that has been reduced,because of the lack of convenience. 

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Thats the TAB job to take bets, you obviously do not know where they make their income from these days. Its roughly 33% sport,domestic racing and the same for international racing

The NZTAB's function now under the new racing act is to garner revenue from betting. This includes sport betting which is growing rapidly and harness which is declining 

Greg

Harness racing in decline,you have to admit there are a lot of meetings that are pretty average,and maybe there is a reason for the decline,but the TAB or whoever just keep putting them on,after all if the turnover drops then the only thing that really changes is the stakes paid out drop but the TAB still get their rake off,I get mixed messages too about turnover,we are told they are in decline yet since lockdown the TAB are running ahead of budget so what do or who do you believe.

Anyone that uses the term "budget" has to be believed with some caution.      They wont tell you 1) If they bettering last years actuals 2) What budget in fact is 3) Are they making a profit or loss 4) Are they really happy 

We saw what budgeted figures were earlier in they year.     Redundancies, sackings, trimming of services etc.

34 minutes ago, eljay said:

Anyone that uses the term "budget" has to be believed with some caution.      They wont tell you 1) If they bettering last years actuals 2) What budget in fact is 3) Are they making a profit or loss 4) Are they really happy 

We saw what budgeted figures were earlier in they year.     Redundancies, sackings, trimming of services etc.

They can tell you want they want you to believe you can choose to believe them at your peril.

3 hours ago, eljay said:

Perhaps horse betting decline is directly related to reduction of exposure - No free TV,  No Radio, Damn near no newspaper coverage,  No Best Bets type publications,  etc. etc. etc.      You can't make an omelette without eggs!

An example,today Ascot Park ,Rangiora,no radio means I will miss a lot of the races as I am actually working,will check the results but I spend enough time here as a example on my cell phone,but listening all day on a app,forget it,I might tune to specific race but otherwise I'll just pass on it,how many others doing same?

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

but the TAB or whoever just keep putting them on,

Clubs put the race on after being given licenses to do so by " wait for it" HRNZ. NZTAB do a rubber stamping exercise with codes and its called the racing program

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

if the turnover drops then the only thing that really changes is the stakes paid out drop but the TAB still get their rake off,I

You have things about face MikeNZ. The TAB accept the bets and the surplus is now distributed to Racing NZ which comprises  a member from each of the 3 codes and 2 independent directors to distribute the funds. I do not know the current criteria but would be very surprised if it did not involve  each codes contribution is $ terms and the GBM of the respective sums involved.

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Yes McKenzie and the new board did a fantastic job restructuring a hopeless business model. Stopping the rot allowed WP to seek capital so that the TAB could carry on after the disastrous Glenda and John show were shown the door with place close to bankruptcy