RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Purdon Rassmusen finishing end of year

Clearly ,they are not leaving or taking a clean break !

They are stepping back from the daily rigours ,responsibilities ,travel etc to enjoy a spell and plan a strategy for their futures.

Their property remains a going concern with staff and most likely all horses in tact.

Mark will still do some driving and they will assist in selecting and buying new horses .

They have achieved everything in NZ Harness and worked bloody hard for their success.

My guess is they will look......covid permitting........to set up a boutique stable in the USA , or return to a boutique operation in NZ.

Doesn't Mark have two sons coming thru the ranks as young trainers.....the dynasty will continue.

Good on em , I say !

Geezuz I couldn't even get the Police to track and nab a bloody home invader even when I had proof, and then found the bugga lurkin about the streets afterwards, myself (I was the one who got warned and told to take me steel pipe and go home, and yes the mongrel got a few lumps) however in the time it took to get back up there, he got away.....so how the hell whomever it was got this sort of all in action from police and all, must of had some kind of story to tell for the shit that was caused, and the way it broke out all over re the media etc; then for now all this time later nuthin, nada, nix.....it aint right, police dont just act on a whole bunch of he said, she said, innuendo, and gossip; it just don't sound right, none of it, even if one of em in the RIU was ex copper.....

Cheers Iraklis

49 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Geezuz I couldn't even get the Police to track and nab a bloody home invader even when I had proof, and then found the bugga lurkin about the streets afterwards, myself (I was the one who got warned and told to take me steel pipe and go home, and yes the mongrel got a few lumps) however in the time it took to get back up there, he got away.....so how the hell whomever it was got this sort of all in action from police and all, must of had some kind of story to tell for the shit that was caused, and the way it broke out all over re the media etc; then for now all this time later nuthin, nada, nix.....it aint right, police dont just act on a whole bunch of he said, she said, innuendo, and gossip; it just don't sound right, none of it, even if one of em in the RIU was ex copper.....

Cheers Iraklis

Iraklis when the raid happened and it made the front page and 6 o’clock news, which continued for a while,  the Serious Crime Unit (Anderson ?) chief said they had all the evidence they needed and it was an open and shut case(s). He said /implied all the matters/cases would  be finished very quickly as the evidence was overwhelming and watertight!

No cases proven , most (likely all re race fixing ) dismissed , weapon made the front page which was a toy and many other exaggerations so tell me why?

A disgraceful chapter for the RIU & NZPolice who between them have hugely damaged a great sport for no reason but by listening to a jealous small few who seem to not recognise in sport there are trainers/coaches and players/drivers a lot better than others. 
The average and below will never have a UDR above 0.125 but they say the top are cheating . They are not cheating they are just far better than most of the others.

So it does sound right the RIU & Police totally stuffed up.

Yeh Yeh LongO I get that, what I meant by it don't sound right is 'they had to have more' cos right now it sounds bloody dodgy (I'm tryin to keep the faith in NZ Police ok)focus on the 'story that was told'; and if as you say Police etc and RIU stuffed up due to listenin to whomever (their snout I presume who was clearly quite believable, plausable, and had a certain amount of evidence to back up what was being alleged) then I would say we could all be seein numerous inquiries launched into Police - OCU, and RIU etc etc by all aggreived parties, I guess we all get to wait for the whole sorry saga to wrap.....and watch and learn 🤔

Gawd I shudder to think the final outcome and costs involved etc just wish like hell they'd hurry up and get it concluded already....

Cheers Iraklis

No disagreement from me.     I suppose thy will grind it out until everyone has forgotten what it's all about.    But those directly involved will not forget and there could then be a lengthy round of compensation claims.       And really this should have been put to bed ages ago - albeit with some lawyers just a tad poorer!

9incas