RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Purdon Rassmusen finishing end of year

16 minutes ago, TimTimTimbo said:

I would think they should come up here and race. I have a feeling they will eventually do that. Too much money up here to be made and once thy acclimate here, they would run rings around a lot of them here.

Where's here? Wales? Didn't trotting fail there?

13 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Wouldn't have minded knowing a day or two ago and unloaded on the Dunn stable in the premiereship @ $1.55 or is that insider trading?

Very much so although im picking TAB would have been notified and betting suspended

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

WDoomed mate, that would be the US, something they had already looked into last year I think from memory.....hi Timbo how yuh been mate, dodgin that fricken COV bug ok?

Cheers Iraklis

So far. I live in Vegas where everyone has to wear a mask which helps.

All these Trump supporting morons say they have the right not to wear a mask. I cannot believe there were 70 plus million who voted for that psychotic pile of shit.  It is going to be a long time until January when the new president is sworn in. They are predicting 4000-5000 COVID deaths a day. Right now there are like 1500 a day and that was the result of 50,000 new case a day from 2 to 3 weeks ago. They are now way over 150,000 cases a day so in 2 weeks or so you can triple the death toll.

Edited by TimTimTimbo

4 minutes ago, Dockers said:

I didnt think they were a couple anymore. I remember they made a point of telling a reporter they have broken up and were always going to be best of friends. 

They are still a couple and they will be able to have some well-deserved time to themselves in the new year.

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Oh buggah it all! an nuts, nuts, nuts, an nuts again! sorry but I for one am sad to see this.....but, I get it! and I wish them all the best, and hope like hell we will at sometime see them back 🙂  

Cheers Iraklis

I'll miss them too but they had a great innings. So many memories... Icandoosit, Lazarus, Adore Me, Auckland Reactor too many to name.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Very much so although im picking TAB would have been notified and betting suspended

It was their First Phone call Greg, Mark has always put the TAB and punters first 😆

Remember when he gave Auckland Reactor a soft run in the heats of the Interdom in Brisbane, went down like a lead balloon.... as a natural conspiracy theorist i cant help be suspicious here 🙄

35 minutes ago, Dockers said:

I didnt think they were a couple anymore. I remember they made a point of telling a reporter they have broken up and were always going to be best of friends. 

That was years ago. Maybe we'll now see a resurgence of buyers at the yearling sales and a bit more enthusiasm for trainers to go for big races. The Jewels could look quite different next year without AS dominance. On the other hand, all the best to Hayden and Tim.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

That was years ago. Maybe we'll now see a resurgence of buyers at the yearling sales and a bit more enthusiasm for trainers to go for big races. The Jewels could look quite different next year without AS dominance. On the other hand, all the best to Hayden and Tim.

Why the resurgence bit. Can't see it myself as the industry has been so poorly run for years the road backhand surely cant center on.the best leaving

Just watched TV One news and not one bit surprised by coverage of this story.

Yesterday after overlooking completely racing story of the year, tonight they focus on the Cullens taking over the lease of the Rolleston training establishment. No disrespect to these young achievers but that story is for a later date.

The STORY is Purdon and Rasmussen  pulling the pin on an unmatched training conglomerate in NZ.

Imagine Bart, Tommy Smith or Chris Waller pulling the pin at the height of their careers!

Imagine Steve Hansen calling it quits a week after a World Cup win, Edmund Hillary saying he wouldn’t be climbing mountains for a while after conquering Everest, or Scott McLaughlin and Scott Dixon claiming they were burnt out and wouldn’t be racing for the forseeable future.

How would our television  media have treated those scenarios. 

For me there are two takes on One’s coverage

(a) harness racing just does not resonate anymore with NZers or

(b) One’s sports editor is out of touch with what makes news

1 hour ago, Grit123 said:

Just watched TV One news and not one bit surprised by coverage of this story.

Yesterday after overlooking completely racing story of the year, tonight they focus on the Cullens taking over the lease of the Rolleston training establishment. No disrespect to these young achievers but that story is for a later date.

The STORY is Purdon and Rasmussen  pulling the pin on an unmatched training conglomerate in NZ.

Imagine Bart, Tommy Smith or Chris Waller pulling the pin at the height of their careers!

Imagine Steve Hansen calling it quits a week after a World Cup win, Edmund Hillary saying he wouldn’t be climbing mountains for a while after conquering Everest, or Scott McLaughlin and Scott Dixon claiming they were burnt out and wouldn’t be racing for the forseeable future.

How would our television  media have treated those scenarios. 

For me there are two takes on One’s coverage

(a) harness racing just does not resonate anymore with NZers or

(b) One’s sports editor is out of touch with what makes news

Or they cant deal with (c) ?... Oh sorry we are talking about One News 🙄