RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Lack of cameras!

A couple of weeks ago at Avondale, two horses lost their lives sadly, the Judicial report stated they couldn’t see the certain cause of this because of the lack of camera angles that were available.

Yesterday at Waverley, their was a fall that involved Chelsea Burdan and Danielle Johnson’s horse being brought down.

Once again, because of the lack of Camera’s, the stewards couldn’t confirm a conclusive cause of the fall.

Is this going to be the norm, seems bloody strange to me!

Yesterday, it appears that Chelsea's horse clipped the heel of the Horse in front of it and then fell.  Danielle was riding behind Chelsea's Horse and had nowhere else to go.  Race called Tony Lee also missed the incident, Chelsea has a suspected broken collarbone and Danielle only sustained a few  abrasions. Both Horses were uninjured. 

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

A couple of weeks ago at Avondale, two horses lost their lives sadly, the Judicial report stated they couldn’t see the certain cause of this because of the lack of camera angles that were available.

Yesterday at Waverley, their was a fall that involved Chelsea Burdan and Danielle Johnson’s horse being brought down.

Once again, because of the lack of Camera’s, the stewards couldn’t confirm a conclusive cause of the fall.

Do ever do anything but moan ? Concentrate more on your training  , 2 winners and a strike rate of 14 is very average !!

26 minutes ago, Blossom Lady said:

Do ever do anything but moan ? Concentrate more on your training  , 2 winners and a strike rate of 14 is very average !!

Bussutin/ Young 11%, Hayes-Dabernick 12%, Waller 14%, Danny O’Brien 15%, Kris Lees 13.%, Robert Heathcote 14% etc etc. keep it up Woodsie - you’re in good company! I think the Blossoms have stopped blooming!

4 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Chris, the TAB budget cuts removed camera's, radio, oncourse presenters..  I will never understand cuts in areas where you grown your product.

However turnover is apparently up 10% so they feel justified.  I personally cannot see how the product has improved.

12 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Chris, the TAB budget cuts removed camera's, radio, oncourse presenters..  I will never understand cuts in areas where you grown your product.

However turnover is apparently up 10% so they feel justified.  I personally cannot see how the product has improved.

Yes that's correct McKenize cost cutting saying they can save $90,000 a year by not having one, then JCA were paying for it to be there so they can do their job with integrity but now  they say its a part of the supply from TAB for them that they are contracted to do. The TAB still fail the industry.

I can take it, hiding behind a nom de plume and throwing stones, I love it!

So we wait for a death of another horse or a jockey, constructive criticism I think you will find it is called!
Love to meet you Blossom, voice your concerns face to face, I look forward to it!
Have a great day!

Yes fair comment. Strike rates are not so relevant imho. If I’m a owner/Trainer and buy a $2500 freak at an auction and it wins it’s first start, I have a 100% strike rate. Waller has at least 200 horses in work. As Tommy Smith once said, “There’s strength in numbers”. I think your comments Blossom Lady are out of order or out of ignorance - in the context of what Woodsie was trying to convey. An apology would not be out of order. 

Blossom Lady you are a complete tosser, this is a health and safety issue, there should be full camera coverage of all races. It also assists the punter they can have a good look at the replay, but once again the TAB is quite happy to let us down again. I wonder how they would react if Jockeys and Trainers decided to boycott meetings for health and safety reasons

From what I can see from Stipes rep two horses broke down fatally within a few hundred metres of a race in two seperate races on same day at a pro track in big city and no camera cover . If a jockey gets seriously injured or worse that won't play out well with work safe or a coroner if footage is no longer available . I think we need to back off throwing stones at Racing Victoria or Euro trainers about horses and bones  etc and focus closer to here  until this amateur hour is sorted at home , people in glass houses and all that . 

What are the results of the necropsy on these two horse ? I am sure they get the same investigation here as in Racing Victoria jurisdiction .

5 hours ago, MissJools said:

Yesterday, it appears that Chelsea's horse clipped the heel of the Horse in front of it and then fell.  Danielle was riding behind Chelsea's Horse and had nowhere else to go.  Race called Tony Lee also missed the incident, Chelsea has a suspected broken collarbone and Danielle only sustained a few  abrasions. Both Horses were uninjured. 

Nothing suspected Miss Jools.

I can confirm Chelsea's collarbone is indeed broken.   :(

8 hours ago, Blossom Lady said:

Concentrate more on your training  , 2 winners and a strike rate of 14 is very average !!

Blossom, I have yet to train a winner...

I have. mind, never actually attempted to train a winner...

But by your logic, my 0 winners and 0.00 strike rate would disbar me from making any comment on subjects racing...

6 hours ago, Trump said:

As Tommy Smith once said, “There’s strength in numbers”.

One of my pet hates with Tommy, back in the day, that he would invariably line up four or more nags in any given big race, take all the credit for whichever one chanced to come home at the head of the field ... and quietly forget to mention the three or more than finished out of the money.

The O'Briens are 'famed' for similar tactics these days...

1 minute ago, Disillusioned said:

One of my pet hates with Tommy, back in the day, that he would invariably line up four or more nags in any given big race, take all the credit for whichever one chanced to come home at the head of the field ... and quietly forget to mention the three or more than finished out of the money.

Strike rates don't mean a lot with volume trainers , Wallers blown out because any number of his yard beaten into places by stable mates. 1 2 3 plenty times brings the rate down .

9 hours ago, Disillusioned said:

You just described some Big Stables in NZ.

Fools like Blossom are so ignorant they look at Strike rates etc &  think the game is a level playing field , when in reality they have no idea!

Over here, it's quite interesting.

Aidan O'Brien has finished second in the UK Trainers Championship - 13 winners and 53 places from 102 runners netted £2,463.090 in win and place money. The win rate is 12.7%. In third place is Mark Johnston whose 159 winners and 563 places from 1187 runners got him £2,051,694. The win rate is 13.4% so not much different.

The top UK trainer is John Gosden - 139 winners and 266 places from 585 runners so that's £3,035,299. His win strike rate is an impressive 23.8%.

Gosden has the best horses or certainly a lot of the very good ones and he is able to concentrate on the top races - he doesn't have many runners in Class 6 handicaps and Class 7 Sellers.

Yet he doesn't have the best strike rate in the top ten UK trainers - step forward Charlie Appleby. 76 winners and 141 places from 274 runners netted him £1,466,553 but at a strike rate of 27.7%. Appleby trains for Godolphin so again it's more quality than quantity - Appleby doesn't have runners in the lower-grad races which make up the bulk of UK racing (and racing in every other jurisdiction as far as I can see).

The best strike trainer in NZ for the last 4 seasons , including this one so far , is J Richards , clearly .

Season  17/18    5.21 , training with S Autridge , finished second with a better winning strike rate than winners , Baker/Foresman @ 5.71

Season   18/19   5.45 , second in premiership , winner had a strike rate @ 7+

Season   19/20   4.92 , won premiership , second @ 8+

This season running at 5.17 .

Of the big stables his is consistently batting around 1 win in every 5 starters .

He has a huge future , with or without Te Akau , Aussie bound at some stage , but a great talent . His best trait is humility .

Don't worry about Blossom Lady. She's either a woman with periodic issues, a cross dresser or a male with certain functional issues. I had a look at the data in respect of her posts. Makes interesting analysis. As an exercise I compared Blossom Lady's data with my own posts (just as a comparison as I'm the most familiar with my strange foibiles) . So here are the results:

Reactions               ❤️                                       🏆                                       🙂                                          🙄                                       🥺

Blossom Lady                                                  45                     15  (33%)                            11 (11%)                             31  (31%)                                 3   (6%)                              8   (17%)

Berri                                                                 1459                 1222 (84%)                         202 (13%)                             19  (1.3%)                                6   (0.4%)                          10  (0.6%)

Chris                                                                 693                   996  (144%)                        71  ( 10%)                             17  (2.5%)                              11 (0.8%)                            2  ( 0.2%)

So here is the data....for all to see. ....23% of Blossom Lady's post draw a negative reaction. Chris has 1.0%. Do I need to say anymore. Of real interest is that as a proportion Chris induces more positive responses per reaction to his posts than his posts. Says something about the consensus opinion of Chris than of Blossom Lady.