RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

Dunn vs Allstars

I'm sure that Dunn and his owners  would not be happy about the outcomes on the track this week

Given what  the stable and clients have spent over.the last 3 seasons  at sales they certainly could not be satisfied.

GRP1 yesterday saved it from being a total disaster

19 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

I'm sure that Dunn and his owners  would not be happy about the outcomes on the track this week

Given what  the stable and clients have spent over.the last 3 seasons  at sales they certainly could not be satisfied.

GRP1 yesterday saved it from being a total disaster

I'm sure they'd be disappointed, it is after all THE pinnacle of Harness racing in the South Island.

However, I'd like clarification on one point you continue to make. You keep suggesting the Dunn's have spent more then anybody else at the recent sales. I suggest to you they'd be in the top 10 for $'s spent, but most definitely behind Feiss, Dalgety, Lincoln Farms, Stonewall Stud, Kennard's, Breckon Farms & dare I say it, the All Stars themselves. Yet, they still managed to win the trainers premiership last season!!!

I don't have a bias, just fact checking.

2 hours ago, Navitas said:

I'm sure they'd be disappointed, it is after all THE pinnacle of Harness racing in the South Island.

However, I'd like clarification on one point you continue to make. You keep suggesting the Dunn's have spent more then anybody else at the recent sales. I suggest to you they'd be in the top 10 for $'s spent, but most definitely behind Feiss, Dalgety, Lincoln Farms, Stonewall Stud, Kennard's, Breckon Farms & dare I say it, the All Stars themselves. Yet, they still managed to win the trainers premiership last season!!!

This Dunn owner is more than happy, fourth in a NZ record Group one race then 2nd in a listed race from a mare we bought at the sales for 17,000 , the Dunn's do purchase quite a few at the sales but they are by no means the top lots. 

3 hours ago, Navitas said:

Yes they won the most races in NZ last season but who won the most stakes. Include Ozzie earnings and AS take that prize.

This Dunn owner is more than happy, fourth in a NZ record Group one race then 2nd in a listed race from a mare we bought at the sales for 17,000 , the Dunn's do purchase quite a few at the sales but they are by no means the top lots. 

Yes and the other owners of there two winners - leaving 20 odd other owners getting zip.

I imagine Allstar owners are all very happy and not with just 2nd places

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes they won the most races in NZ last season but who won the most stakes. Include Ozzie earnings and AS take that prize.

Everyone has a different criteria for how you rate a trainers performance , value for money, communication, strike rate, horse welfare, owner participation (can you go and help out at the stables etc)  the list is endless,  to judge on stakes alone is clearly your bench mark for me it is a combination of all of the above but as a industry bench mark and one which is rarely highlighted is the number of New Zealand starters per year and the Dunns clearly top that table every year. 

2 hours ago, westview said:

Everyone has a different criteria for how you rate a trainers performance , value for money, communication, strike rate, horse welfare, owner participation (can you go and help out at the stables etc)  the list is endless,  to judge on stakes alone is clearly your bench mark for me it is a combination of all of the above but as a industry bench mark and one which is rarely highlighted is the number of New Zealand starters per year and the Dunns clearly top that table every year. 

Nigel , i think you missed my central point. I agree they start the most horses in a season making up the fields over a wide territory in doing so. They won the most races ;last season which wins the joint stables the trainers premiership. I just raised the counterfactual that  All Stars won more stakes- See below. A case of each to their own

Te Akau probably start the most TB runners every season and win the odd premiership but they spend the most by far at the sales.

6 hours ago, Navitas said:

Fact checking comes in many guises IMHO

Greg

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Yes and the other owners of there two winners - leaving 20 odd other owners getting zip.

I imagine Allstar owners are all very happy and not with just 2nd places

Im Spellbound😉 Congrats to you and all the owners and Nigel of course

26 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Im Spellbound😉 Congrats to you and all the owners and Nigel of course

Bloody happy to have a runner on the two biggest days of the year, probably with a horse with the biggest racing group, just over three hundred. Beaten both times by the Allstars but no complaints there ,they are bloody good.

1 hour ago, westview said:

Bloody happy to have a runner on the two biggest days of the year, probably with a horse with the biggest racing group, just over three hundred. Beaten both times by the Allstars but no complaints there ,they are bloody good.

See thats what makes you a champion bloke, you are a realist .

You can admit it when your beaten by better horses but yet  still instill excitement in your syndicate members. Also, success  is not only about winning. Its reaching a horses peak potential in the biggest harness week in the country. Spellbound did that.