RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Shambolic cup start: Where the starter was positioned

What a complete cop out by Ydgren. Do these arrogant idiots not realize the damage they're doing to our industry. Hundreds of young people on course enjoying themselves today and the start of the countries biggest race becomes  harness racings biggest shame. I wonder how many of these young people will stick to Riccarton from now on?  Time for some unity against these know all's with their obvious conflicts of interest. I know there's people in our industry that are capable of making changes to the top, so lets get to it... come on people!!!

10 hours ago, Navitas said:

What a complete cop out by Ydgren

You sound surprised but you have to wonder where the big boys at HRNZ sit with this mess . After all its been happening for years and it seems to be that there are no Standing Start rules for starters to follow

Guys bear with me, not feelin too flash today leeetle bit delicate tiz I 🙃 but here goes, this guy Lamb is hired by and works for HRNZ is that correct? if so they are they not directly, and are, accountable for any actions taken by any member and or staff - or organisation, that brings not only said organisation (HRNZ) and or sport into disrepute? has not Mr Lamb done just that?...complaints need to be fully flowing to their email in box, or post box, get main stream media involved, the wider NZ public will be informed; made aware of the situation that exists within the industries controlling body who knows if enough harness people, supporters, fans an enthusiasts etc climb into this, change could be affected....hey who's the new racin minister? get an MP on board; whatever this has to be seriously looked into and whoever called for an inquiry good on them, but they will need backing.....so come on guys what are we gunna do? if all there is is moanin in here, it aint gunna affect shit all (sorry scoobs for the language 😀) if change is needed, then change affect it!....reading the stipes report and watchin video, now seein this article this sport is in worse condition than even I thought.'no stand start rules'..'it's up to starters discretion' WTF! I can tell you if I was the owner of one of those 5 horses disadvantaged (geezuz, I thought only 3 were effected, but 5?!) I'd be kickin up bobbsy dahhh over it I can tell yuh that......ok that's me rant for the day, 10 to 9am and I need drink already 😄 gawdsakes

Cheers Iraklis

PS. Mr Green, I know your bloody dirty - completely warranted I might add, on that dude downsouth, but please, please, pretty please, with a friken big arsed cherry on top, could yuh maybe rethink not startin the mighty CopyT on Friday, how sweet would it be to smash the Free For All Fri with the boy...ay? ay? oh hell yessssss!!!!!  🤗

Great post Iraklis. Will they listen?

Got to go down as one of the worst Cup starts I've seen and believe me I've seen a few!🤔

Who were the Stewads? I know one was a Jnr driver who decided being a Steward was an easier option than as most juniors do work bloody hard to try and make it.  

Will "happy" be doing Ashburton today.

Step up Ricky !

On 11/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, Iraklis said:

Guys bear with me, not feelin too flash today leeetle bit delicate tiz I 🙃 but here goes, this guy Lamb is hired by and works for HRNZ is that correct? if so they are they not directly, and are, accountable for any actions taken by any member and or staff - or organisation, that brings not only said organisation (HRNZ) and or sport into disrepute? has not Mr Lamb done just that?...complaints need to be fully flowing to their email in box, or post box, get main stream media involved, the wider NZ public will be informed; made aware of the situation that exists within the industries controlling body who knows if enough harness people, supporters, fans an enthusiasts etc climb into this, change could be affected....hey who's the new racin minister? get an MP on board; whatever this has to be seriously looked into and whoever called for an inquiry good on them, but they will need backing.....so come on guys what are we gunna do? if all there is is moanin in here, it aint gunna affect shit all (sorry scoobs for the language 😀) if change is needed, then change affect it!....reading the stipes report and watchin video, now seein this article this sport is in worse condition than even I thought.'no stand start rules'..'it's up to starters discretion' WTF! I can tell you if I was the owner of one of those 5 horses disadvantaged (geezuz, I thought only 3 were effected, but 5?!) I'd be kickin up bobbsy dahhh over it I can tell yuh that......ok that's me rant for the day, 10 to 9am and I need drink already 😄 gawdsakes

Cheers Iraklis

PS. Mr Green, I know your bloody dirty - completely warranted I might add, on that dude downsouth, but please, please, pretty please, with a friken big arsed cherry on top, could yuh maybe rethink not startin the mighty CopyT on Friday, how sweet would it be to smash the Free For All Fri with the boy...ay? ay? oh hell yessssss!!!!!  🤗

No. Lamb is empoyed by individual clubs . It has nothing to do with HRNZ

Thanks JJ, so it's Metropolitan Trottin Club ChCh ( member of HRNZ I presume) who keeps this guy on in the starters possie? geezuz can they not see that he's not doin the job properly? why the hell do they persist? ah sod it I'd still be contactin HRNZ anyway moanin the frickn house down, the Met by persistin with this guy are still bringin the sport into disrepute, and I'm sure right about now all those affected owners of horses from NZ Cup would agree....

Cheers Iraklis

35 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

No. Lamb is empoyed by individual clubs . It has nothing to do with HRNZ

So why don't the clubs kick his sorry arse to the curb? And why is Ydren so gutless. This is not a once thing, it's been going on for years. Total incompetence time after time and nothing done by the stipes. 

Mind you the horsemen don't help either but using the starters incompetence and getting an advantage at the starts by judging or forcing the starters hand (which is really what Mark P did, and good on him for showing not just us but the public in general what a clown he is).

He must have a hide as thick as a work ox to be able to front up as a starter knowing everyone concerned (except Ydren) looks at him as being useless

22 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yes, the starter is employed by the clubs (well I think he still is) but he has to be licensed.     Licences are issued by HRNZ (not the clubs) so they have their "say" who the clubs can employ.   

Its a rubber stamp exercise though isn't it. I posted the application details in another post

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

So why don't the clubs kick his sorry arse to the curb? And why is Ydren so gutless. This is not a once thing, it's been going on for years. Total incompetence time after time and nothing done by the stipes. 

Mind you the horsemen don't help either but using the starters incompetence and getting an advantage at the starts by judging or forcing the starters hand (which is really what Mark P did, and good on him for showing not just us but the public in general what a clown he is).

He must have a hide as thick as a work ox to be able to front up as a starter knowing everyone concerned (except Ydren) looks at him as being useless

When your an ex enforcement officer ,starter and also a paid employee of RIU many weird things may happen. I've mentioned before the "Obvious" conflict of interest but the clubs and RIU continue to employ him. This is a classic example of why Harness is falling behind in terms of integrity and the resulting decreased turnovers. Nothing like this happen with the hounds or TB's yet between the Clubs Goodber and HRNZ they continue to allow such nonsenses to continue

That photo clearly shows it’s mainly Blair oranges slowness he’s the leading horse so should be the first up to the tape he waited to long  and then got left behind, there was more then enough room for Blair to roll up as the rest of ge wider runners  did but he or his horse didn’t want to move up.  When you draw one turning in you should never back as far as he was

46 minutes ago, hsvman said:

That photo clearly shows it’s mainly Blair oranges slowness he’s the leading horse so should be the first up to the tape he waited to long  and then got left behind, there was more then enough room for Blair to roll up as the rest of ge wider runners  did but he or his horse didn’t want to move up.  When you draw one turning in you should never back as far as he was

??? He was line with all the others around him

1 hour ago, hsvman said:

I think Copy That was a little fractious when they started to come up for the re-start and did back away a little too.    Looking at the position of the hind legs in that particular photo it appears that the  horse was stationary but unfortunately one foreleg only visible due to the light standard.   However looking at the two outside horses they are obviously into full flight and getting a distinct advantage over the inside horses ( not only just Copy That).     As the race attracted nomination fees and as there was a  considerable stake on offer regardless of whose horses were advantaged and disadvantaged  the starter should have once again aborted the start and any blame attributable to a horse or driver dealt with after the race.     

Yep just noticed that Eljay mate, it's little bit obvious they don't want people viewin it in it's original form, geez I wonder why 🤨 pretty pointless really everyone's seen it, I just wanted to check summit for myself, and I agree with HSV and I've already kinda posted along the same lines Blair shoulda been bit more on to it than that, but still that start disadvantaged so many horses HRNZ should hand down some kind of penalty or reprimmand, as others have said if it was any other person, driver, trainer etc there woulda been a fine and or out for 3 weeks etc etc.....come on HRNZ this is flatout stinkin! 🤬

Cheers Iraklis