RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dbtab

GavelhouseAuction

Bd on a horse last nite and it was passed in not reaching reserve with my bid being the highest.To my surprise it was sold to the bidder under me who went direct to owner and paid less than my bid.Rang Gavelhouse and they said bad luck nothing they can do about its this bullshit or what?

21 minutes ago, dbtab said:

Bd on a horse last nite and it was passed in not reaching reserve with my bid being the highest.To my surprise it was sold to the bidder under me who went direct to owner and paid less than my bid.Rang Gavelhouse and they said bad luck nothing they can do about its this bullshit or what?

They normally ring the highest bidder first and give them first refusal , thats what i've seen in the past . You'll know next time , get straight on the phone . 

1 hour ago, dbtab said:

Geez that seems tough....was it a young one in which case you'll no doubt we watching its progress when it gets to the races??

4 hours ago, dbtab said:

A lot of auctions the underbidder earns the right to negotiate first with vendor , or option to buy at reserve price . You earn the right by effectively winning the auction race . You would have to check the process at NZB / Gavelhouse . Gavelhouse would I'd guess want their cut of the " private " sale .

It would be worth checking they haven't strayed from own policy , if they have vendor and purchaser should be banned if the sale proceeds and you not given chance to follow the purchase process .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

A lot of auctions the underbidder earns the right to negotiate first with vendor , or option to buy at reserve price . You earn the right by effectively winning the auction race . You would have to check the process at NZB / Gavelhouse . Gavelhouse would I'd guess want their cut of the " private " sale .

It would be worth checking they haven't strayed from own policy , if they have vendor and purchaser should be banned if the sale proceeds and you not given chance to follow the purchase process .

At the Karaka sales it's first man to the vendor after the horse has left the ring , not sure there is any hard and fast policy as in real estate where highest bidder on a past in at auction property gets first rights to negotiate afterwards .

Haven't read Gavelhouse reg's but i know of someone who has bought regularly on Gavelhouse and each time the horse has passed in and they have been highest underbidder they have received a phone call asking if they would buy at their last bid .

2 hours ago, nomates said:

At the Karaka sales it's first man to the vendor after the horse has left the ring , not sure there is any hard and fast policy as in real estate where highest bidder on a past in at auction property gets first rights to negotiate afterwards .

Haven't read Gavelhouse reg's but i know of someone who has bought regularly on Gavelhouse and each time the horse has passed in and they have been highest underbidder they have received a phone call asking if they would buy at their last bid .

If it's the rules then it is OK,  horse sales getting a decent working over in some places . 

That gavelhouse and Inglis online I always find interesting , the dough burnt on some of these horses from yearling / ror sales eye watering for a peasant like me . Some syndicate horses bleed cash  big style. Saw one syndicate sell one last year for massive loss , breeder brought it back for  peanuts really and she's back in  training.  Will be interesting if she gets a few wins as she had a bit of go .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

gavelhouse and Inglis online I always find interesting , the dough burnt on some of these horses from yearling / ror sales eye watering for a peasant like me

You are not wrong on Inglis digital I purchased four horses that cost the vendors a total of $1,225,000 but I paid $28500 in total.All were winners.