RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Anyone Noticed Totes Down?

15 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I am amazed nobody has noticed all the Aussie totes are down. What a shambles. If it was the NZ tote everyone would be moaning.

Hopefully we get paid out eventually by the NZ TAB for bets on Aussie races.

I'm sure there are plenty of Aussie having a whinge , they are never shy at saying their piece

Yeah getting to the suing stage soon, unfairly holding funds when the results are known.

been an hour and half since my win, only 75 dollars, I know not a fortune, but still VITAL to my punting day.  😬

2 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Did you notice that calculating the dividends today with their $70,000,000 computer system took longer than it did 55 years ago when it was done by long division.

They probably needed long division in those days. Short division should do these days?

28 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah getting to the suing stage soon, unfairly holding funds when the results are known.

been an hour and half since my win, only 75 dollars, I know not a fortune, but still VITAL to my punting day.  😬

Good luck with that. Let us know how you get on. 

tried to cash in a ticket before for an aussie race said ticket was not live or something def ran a place only a few dollars not much if i didnt double check probably would have thrown out it was only a matter of time before something like this was going to happen as we all know.

22 hours ago, talk said:

It is the truth. What do you expect them to say?

If the power has failed, someone should flick on the backup generators and the TAB shouldn't be down for 24+ hours. If they don't have backup generators, someone has stuffed up. If they do but they failed, they must be super unlucky or have chosen a poor provider.

There were rumours of too much power frying the servers as Hufkissen mentioned above (I guess that's technically a "major power failure" too), and of the servers being bricked by a ransomware attack. There were even silly rumours of hackers working with anti-racing types to attack the industry.

It messed thing up for the Aussie corps too; they couldn't pay out on any of their tote-related products (exotics, "Best Tote Plus SP"/"Top Tote Plus" type products) and eventually stopped taking bets on exotics and only offering fixed odds/SP for win and place.