RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Leggy

Director Appointments to the Board of NZTR

NZTR
4 November 2020

The Members’ Council of NZTR is pleased to notify the industry of its new appointments to the NZTR Board. 

Following interviews last week, the Members’ Council confirms:

Darryll Park (Christchurch), Andrew Fairgray (Auckland) and Mike Clarke (Auckland) have been appointed to join the Board, commencing their tenure immediately following the NZTR AGM on 17 November. Mike Clarke’s appointment will commence 1  January 2021. These appointments are in response to the vacancies created by the departure of Dr Alan Jackson, Victoria Carter and Rick Williams.

The Members’ Council acknowledges the large number of Director position applications received, and their depth of experience and expertise presented.

The Members’ Council would like to thank Dr Alan Jackson, Victoria Carter and Rick Williams for their contribution, efforts, and personal sacrifice in undertaking their roles as NZTR Board Directors over a number of combined years.

At the NZTR AGM in November, the Members’ Council has proposed amendments to the constitution to enable the NZTR Board to comprise between five to seven Directors. It is the Members’ Council intention to appoint Bruce Sherwin (Hamilton) to the NZTR Board should the constitutional change be approved.

4 minutes ago, Leggy said:

NZTR
4 November 2020

The Members’ Council of NZTR is pleased to notify the industry of its new appointments to the NZTR Board. 

Following interviews last week, the Members’ Council confirms:

Darryll Park (Christchurch), Andrew Fairgray (Auckland) and Mike Clarke (Auckland) have been appointed to join the Board, commencing their tenure immediately following the NZTR AGM on 17 November. Mike Clarke’s appointment will commence 1  January 2021. These appointments are in response to the vacancies created by the departure of Dr Alan Jackson, Victoria Carter and Rick Williams.

The Members’ Council acknowledges the large number of Director position applications received, and their depth of experience and expertise presented.

The Members’ Council would like to thank Dr Alan Jackson, Victoria Carter and Rick Williams for their contribution, efforts, and personal sacrifice in undertaking their roles as NZTR Board Directors over a number of combined years.

At the NZTR AGM in November, the Members’ Council has proposed amendments to the constitution to enable the NZTR Board to comprise between five to seven Directors. It is the Members’ Council intention to appoint Bruce Sherwin (Hamilton) to the NZTR Board should the constitutional change be approved.

The Bruce Sherwin appointment will be positive for racing , don't know anything about the 3 appointments so far , anybody know if they have any sort of racing pedigree or knowledge . 

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Parky has a long association with racing 

His stepfather was Tom Lalor, a very good trainer from CHCH 

He also has huge experience in sports and hospitality 

Re Bruce Sherwin, about bloody time his extensive skills were utilised

Can't help chuckling at the thank you “well done” note to Jackson, Carter, and maybe even Rick Williams 

I’d like to see their positive contributions itemised ( I don’t count turning up to meetings as an achievement ) 

Turning up is an achievement for some people.

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Can't help chuckling at the thank you “well done” note to Jackson, Carter, and maybe even Rick Williams 

I’d like to see their positive contributions itemised ( I don’t count turning up to meetings as an achievement ) 

I’ve always wondered why the Boards list the number of Board meetings attended by each player. What’s the point? I would rather know what initiatives were bought to the table, agreed upon and enacted. 

On 11/4/2020 at 4:52 PM, poundforpound said:

I think Fairgray served on the ARC board for a period ?