Ohokaman

Well done this man/lady......

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

One very lucky punter scooped $1.168m from the Melbourne Cup yesterday.

Spent $120 on first four x 30 units which paid $38,000

1st 6,21

2nd 6,21

3rd 12,17

4th 12,17

Great work....well done.....👏

Bet put on at a Tab who are tops for customer service . Brilliant place .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

One very lucky punter scooped $1.168m from the Melbourne Cup yesterday.

Spent $120 on first four x 30 units which paid $38,000

1st 6,21

2nd 6,21

3rd 12,17

4th 12,17

Great work....well done.....👏

Is that in nz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trump said:

I’m cursing The Chosen One. I had the F4 if Persan finishes 4th. He did finish 4th - but that was one foot past the post :( 

You watched the Caulfield Cup 8 times Trumpy and left out The Chosen  one 🤔 in saying that Persan should of gone close but thats racing.... i left out Tiger Moth 🤣 the lexus horse was almost as good as Veery Elleegant and Prince of arran but Jye oh so good rating a horse that normally needed a fair bit of whip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You watched the Caulfield Cup 8 times Trumpy and left out The Chosen  one 🤔 in saying that Persan should of gone close but thats racing.... i left out Tiger Moth 🤣 the lexus horse was almost as good as Veery Elleegant and Prince of arran but Jye oh so good rating a horse that normally needed a fair bit of whip

I thought the track would be agin him. I Was 1 foot from bathing in Penfolds RWT :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

At our very nearby local a punter boxed 7 costing $840 and got the $38k - thought that this was a good effort until this story popped up.

Great publicity for the Bishopdale - has been one of  ChCh’s best TAB’s since it was first set up some 20 years ago.

Was good to see and here about a TAB that looks after its customers and from the posts on here is run well. Credit to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Was good to see and here about a TAB that looks after its customers and from the posts on here is run well. Credit to them. 

Really,im sure they have happily taken his money over the years,sometimes on the odd occasion some goes back to the customer,nonetheless a good win,sometimes they do happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

At our very nearby local a punter boxed 7 costing $840 and got the $38k - thought that this was a good effort until this story popped up.

Great publicity for the Bishopdale - has been one of  ChCh’s best TAB’s since it was first set up some 20 years ago.

it is still a good win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikenz said:

Really,im sure they have happily taken his money over the years,sometimes on the odd occasion some goes back to the customer,nonetheless a good win,sometimes they do 

What business dosent happily take peoples money? that is why it is called a business. What does that have to do with good customer service? Credit where credit is due. It sounds like a well run friendly TAB. I read on here on all the slagging of some shit TABS/PUBS so it good to see that is a decent one around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 7:37 AM, mikenz said:

Really,im sure they have happily taken his money over the years,sometimes on the odd occasion some goes back to the customer,nonetheless a good win,sometimes they do happen.

Mike, like many people you don't understand the concept of turnover. Somebody running a TAB doesn't get any pleasure from seeing their customers lose. They want their customers to win so they will reinvest. If someone loses all their money they eventually stop punting. The TAB makes its money every time someone has a bet, so they want them to bet over and over again. The TAB is happy to see most punters regularly winning as they clip the ticket every time the bet goes on.

if a string of roughies come in and you hear someone say "the TAB has cleaned up there" just remind them that they don't know what they are talking about and it is totally the opposite.

I am talking about the tote of course, fixed odds are slightly different, but even there they need their customers to be getting some money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And unlike Pokies that returns about 14% of each dollar back to the player, who keeps putting that 14% back thru. As a friend of mine who was Gen Manager of one of Australia’s big Casino’s told me, “ With Pokies, in the end, we get all the money”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

 i'm hearing  the winning punter has dropped  at least one envelope with Rutherfords in it  to settle a small debt. Good on him😉

 

Greg

Assuming if he had $120 on a first four that only had four runners on the ticket that he is a big punter so was probably well overdue  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 9:21 PM, newbie85 said:

What a load of ....

The truth you muppet. The guy who got the envelope told me. He has no reason to lie and just about everyone out West knows who the winning punter was.

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.