RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Spring Carnival Group Comp - Entry thread Thursday 5 November

I've only just been able to get on myself.

Going to make a quick Executive Decision without any prior consultation with Scooby.

Race 2 is Null and Void.

Race 8 and Race 9 are still on, and new CLOSING time is 7.00pm.

For those who posted their selections prior to the website issue, in fairness to you you can re-submit new picks by 7.00pm (PLEASE SUBMIT A WHOLE NEW ENTRY). For those who dont see this post and dont post new picks I will take your initial selections.

Hope that is fair on everyone.

Ok for the later races ,

R8    1 , 2 , 7 , 9

R9    1 , 4 , 6 , 10

For the sake of honesty , i only selected the winner in the first race , happy to just take the 5 , your choice if you don't think that is fair .

Cheers 

Nomates

Ok , just seen your decision , all good .

Edited by nomates
addition

1 minute ago, Ponderosa8 said:

I've only just been able to get on myself.

Going to make a quick Executive Decision without any prior consultation with Scooby.

Race 2 is Null and Void.

Race 8 and Race 9 and still on, and new CLOSING time is 7.00pm.

For those who posted their selections prior to the website issue, in fairness to you you can re-submit new picks by 7.00pm (PLEASE SUBMIT A WHOLE NEW ENTRY). For those who dont see this post and dont post new picks I will take your initial selections.

Hope that is fair on everyone.

No it isn’t. Picks were emailed prior to deadline to Racecafe email and Facebook page.

12 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

No it isn’t. Picks were emailed prior to deadline to Racecafe email and Facebook page.

So what do you think if fair to the 16 people who post each day but didnt/couldnt post on the thread here.?

27 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

So what do you think if fair to the 16 people who post each day but didnt/couldnt post on the thread here.?

They could have done what I did. Hardly anyone’s fault the site was down.
No matter, will go with whatever you decide.

Poor Ponderosa. You are on a hiding to nothing, hard to please everyone and it isn't your fault. It is probably fairest just to abandon today altogether. It was only a fluke that I happened to check in again after trying for a few hours to get on earlier. If everyone who normally posts gets on and does races 8 and 9 it is probably ok, but some might have given up altogether today. If everyone posts you can just abandon the first race, tough for anyone who might have got the first four, but the only fair solution.

Anyhow my picks for the remaining two races.

Race 8: 1-2-5-6

Race 9: 2-4-6-13

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

They could have done what I did. Hardly anyone’s fault the site was down.
No matter, will go with whatever you decide.

When I saw the site was down for a lengthy period I just assumed today's comp would be abandoned. I am sure many others did as well.