RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
meomy

Activists out in force on Melbourne Cup Day

Being only a sporadic watcher of 6pm news, I find it strange the amount of coverage they give to Animal ..... activists. The previous couple of summers, every Saturday that I happened to be in front of TV1 news, there would be a report covering the activists. Having to spend time in central Auckland, there is a protest march up Queen st to Aotea square every Saturday, and TV1 covers a very small percentage of them.  So, why the inordinate amount of coverage for this topic? As there are a few topics on Racecafe, where the extreme minority SCREAM the loudest and post multiple comments and threads to dominate the discussion with their 'Big Brain' point of view, the anti-horse racing screamers post a lot in many other forums. They are very vocal and have a self righteous drive to get their point of view out as much as possible.

I am not sure how posting here could effect Australian racing rules, but a tiered approach should be taken. For example Kerrin McEnvoy should be suspended for all the majors over the next 6 months, plus a suspension from riding in the next MC. Suspensions from all Group 1s, for next 3 months. He can continue to ride in lower grade. A new system like this should be introduced, because it has been shown repeatedly, that they don't care about the current punishments. Do something in a Group 1, a suspension from all following Group 1s for a period. Also a tier for the big money races or significant majors that are in the public eye.

5 minutes ago, SavetheShire said:

Being only a sporadic watcher of 6pm news, I find it strange the amount of coverage they give to Animal ..... activists. The previous couple of summers, every Saturday that I happened to be in front of TV1 news, there would be a report covering the activists. Having to spend time in central Auckland, there is a protest march up Queen st to Aotea square every Saturday, and TV1 covers a very small percentage of them.  So, why the inordinate amount of coverage for this topic? As there are a few topics on Racecafe, where the extreme minority SCREAM the loudest and post multiple comments and threads to dominate the discussion with their 'Big Brain' point of view, the anti-horse racing screamers post a lot in many other forums. They are very vocal and have a self righteous drive to get their point of view out as much as possible.

I am not sure how posting here could effect Australian racing rules, but a tiered approach should be taken. For example Kerrin McEnvoy should be suspended for all the majors over the next 6 months, plus a suspension from riding in the next MC. Suspensions from all Group 1s, for next 3 months. He can continue to ride in lower grade. A new system like this should be introduced, because it has been shown repeatedly, that they don't care about the current punishments. Do something in a Group 1, a suspension from all following Group 1s for a period. Also a tier for the big money races or significant majors that are in the public eye.

I don't disagree with most of what you say , but whip abuse of a maiden is no less abuse than a horse running in a G1 . Till disqualifications start and long suspensions and large fines they will continue pushing the boundaries , you just have to look at rugby and rugby league , players and coaches kept pushing it till the suspensions started getting too big , still haven't got it right tho . Wont take too many disqualifications etc for them to wake up .

The tiered system, would not discount in a country maiden race. They would receive the current type of suspension from all meetings. But if you do something in the Golden Slipper, and then 90% of your suspension is taken up by provincial meetings, that you may or not taken a ride in. Do something in the Stradbroke, and often they pretty much joke about how they were going off for a month winter holiday anyway; the same jokes at the end of the autumn carnival. Tiered suspensions would rule them out of Group 1s of black type races for a longer period, but allow them to continue to earn a living, until they can confirm they will be able to handle to big race atmosphere.

4 hours ago, SavetheShire said:

The tiered system, would not discount in a country maiden race. They would receive the current type of suspension from all meetings. But if you do something in the Golden Slipper, and then 90% of your suspension is taken up by provincial meetings, that you may or not taken a ride in. Do something in the Stradbroke, and often they pretty much joke about how they were going off for a month winter holiday anyway; the same jokes at the end of the autumn carnival. Tiered suspensions would rule them out of Group 1s of black type races for a longer period, but allow them to continue to earn a living, until they can confirm they will be able to handle to big race atmosphere.

I get what your saying , but you make so they wont want to joke about , horse disqualified , jock fined big time and not 1 month but 3 months , if a repeat offender then 6 months and double the fine . There wont have to be too many disqualifications till connections start taking notice and if the jocks want to keep doing it then they're plain dumb . The disqualification is the big tool , even a maiden getting disqualified is big for some owners , especially if it is a well bred but battling mare , that win can pump up their value . If horses can be disqualified for other breach of the rules why not for overuse of the whip , not only will it be fair but it takes the oxygen out of the gobs of the activists .