RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Are we all ready for the next P Lamb shambles

20 minutes ago, SFD said:

I think you are right you don't need to team drive when you get a 1 length  moving head start 

More importantly  you don't need to when your on the best horses.

I do love the conspiracy theories though. Some peeps just hate AS stable and envy their success 

You've got to accept that there is big money at stake here and everyone surely has to have as equal a chance as possible.    If there is a problem then the whistle should be blown.    If a horse isn't ready or one is charging the start when the conditions say Stand then the start surely has to be aborted.     If a horse is being "naughty" and is not lining up as per starters instruction then it should be left behind - not given another chance by lining them up again.

46 minutes ago, Nelli said:

In the "false start" the 3 outside horses anticipating the start were already turning away before Lamb called the false start (watched the replay 3×). Then the same 3 horses repeated the anticipation while other standing stock still and he lets them go. Shame!

You can see how much of a bullshit start it was, favouring the outside runners by lengths, just by watching Copy That out of barrier 1. He didn't break, he didn't skip, he didn't bobble, he didn't even look particularly slow, but was blitzed by LENGTHS. The inner horses got a standing start, the outer horses a mobile start. I'm not talking through my pocket as I backed the winner, but I'm still appalled. 

16 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

More importantly  you don't need to when your on the best horses.

I do love the conspiracy theories though. Some peeps just hate AS stable and envy their success 

So in your eyes its ok for the inside to stand a length off the tape waiting to be called up and the outside horses moving when the tape is released    

On 11/3/2020 at 8:21 AM, JJ Flash said:

Take a few pills to relax as its cup week and you know who does not have many good ones.

Will stands be stands or run/walk ups or any permutations of the 3

This for you SFD.

I predicted the disaster we saw today months ago and when i saw the draws i could not believe punters were going to unload on Copy That to the point where it started a 2.60 fav.

Further, this is why Harness is going backwards as peopkle are getting pissed off with Lamb, the RIU and Amateurs who administer the game.

12 minutes ago, SFD said:

So in your eyes its ok for the inside to stand a length off the tape waiting to be called up and the outside horses moving when the tape is released    

Of course it isnt. See my previous post

So, guys whats to be done about the Starter? I have read a whole lot of complaints ie. people unhappy with the way this guy is starting the races, I've never really taken much notice til today; today's NZ Cup start was a head scratcher I gotta say, and I'm sure officials must have seen it so why has nothin been done? complaints made? and the guy called to account etc etc....

Cheers Iraklis

56 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Oh dear. The start was a shambles as I suggested it would be in an earlier post.

As for team driving what a load.of shit. They started that well  they didnt have to team drive. They simply put their  horses in the race just as do week in week out. They know their hordes ability and racing styles

Greg

Not a load of shit, Mark stated after the race he is better following a helmet,  he was following a helmet and his own stable at that,  but elected to come out and take the lead, then he slowed the field down so Spankem could come around as Natalie would have seen him in front, then he had to hold on for dear life so spankem could get past, guarantee if it was Copy That,  he would not have driven that way.

7 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

This for you SFD.

I predicted the disaster we saw today months ago and when i saw the draws i could not believe punters were going to unload on Copy That to the point where it started a 2.60 fav.

Further, this is why Harness is going backwards as peopkle are getting pissed off with Lamb, the RIU and Amateurs who administer the game.

And the cheats!!

7 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Not a load of shit, Mark stated after the race he is better following a helmet,  he was following a helmet and his own stable at that,  but elected to come out and take the lead, then he slowed the field down so Spankem could come around as Natalie would have seen him in front, then he had to hold on for dear life so spankem could get past, guarantee if it was Copy That,  he would not have driven that way.

Pure speculation as every driver would know that Spankem would use his staying prowess and eventually improve its position to lead. Smart drive by MP to leave the trail to get it back when Nat came around. It won the race IMHO

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

Clearly we await you naming these cheats. I'm very interested as to who they are and your supporting evidence.

Anyone that had been charged with anything relating to Harness Racing rules, don't think I need to name them as they have already been caught cheating. Look at the JCA site has them all.

Just now, 45yearsofharness said:

Anyone that had been charged with anything relating to Harness Racing rules, don't think I need to name them as they have already been caught cheating. Look at the JCA site has them all.

So you are referring to historical cases where Trainers and Drivers have been charged with offences ,found guilty and got suspended etc.

Hey 45YOH mate, Mark and the AllStars DID NOT cheat today! not a bit of it! the race was won and lost today at the start, plain and simple! and to my mind the Starter who by all accounts (in here) and what I saw today, is thoroughly incompetent! but no one can answer as to why nothing is done about him.....you all moan about him, but no one does anything, why is that?

Oh no that is sad news re Copy That out of the Free For All, fricken blast it all, I dont blame RG, but blast it all.....😡

Cheers Iraklis

2 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Hey 45YOH mate, Mark and the AllStars DID NOT cheat today! not a bit of it! the race was won and lost today at the start, plain and simple! and to my mind the Starter who by all accounts (in here) and what I saw today, is thoroughly incompetent! but no one can answer as to why nothing is done about him.....you all moan about him, but no one does anything, why is that?

Cheers Iraklis

Well I disagree, there was team driving, as I have posted earlier, not hard to work that out, but all the moaning in the world will get nothing done about it as "no one does anything, why is that"

Well 45YOH, your goin on assumption team drivin is your thoughts! and, I'm the one askin why no one does anything, moanin in here has been goin on for sometime now, and I have even asked who appoints the starters? who hires and fires em? not one reply.....

Cheers Iraklis

2 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Well 45YOH, your goin on assumption team drivin is your thoughts! and, I'm the one askin why no one does anything, moanin in here has been goin on for sometime now, and I have even asked who appoints the starters? who hires and fires em? not one reply.....

Cheers Iraklis

True, we also need to ask why starters don't seem to get fined, normally its only a slap over the wrist.

I had a incident years ago where I was sent to the outside for no reason, I asked the starter why, he said take it up with the stipes after the race, I said to fn late after the race. The stipes said they could see no reason but will remind the starter to be more observant. No good to us. So a Couple of days later we took it up with the stipe again and he kicked us out of his office.

I thought the start was disgraceful, but surely it was totally predictable what would happen? I couldn't believe how hot the favourite was. Stupid punters can only blame themselves for that. I thought it was one of the greatest, and most predictable, trifectas ever. I saw nothing wrong with the way the first three were driven. They jumped out well and took up the first three places and were never going to be beaten after that. What did people expect the Purdon team to do, run wide on the track to let the rest of the field take a turn in front like they do in cycling?

The start dictated what happened in the race, and the start was totally predictable. There is no justification for any criticism of the Purdon team.

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I thought the start was disgraceful, but surely it was totally predictable what would happen? I couldn't believe how hot the favourite was. Stupid punters can only blame themselves for that. I thought it was one of the greatest, and most predictable, trifectas ever. I saw nothing wrong with the way the first three were driven. They jumped out well and took up the first three places and were never going to be beaten after that. What did people expect the Purdon team to do, run wide on the track to let the rest of the field take a turn in front like they do in cycling?

The start dictated what happened in the race, and the start was totally predictable. There is no justification for any criticism of the Purdon team.

Great post. Too sensible for the  conspiracy  team driving AS posters

The field had to be turned away from addressing the barriers when ASHLEY LOCAZ and TANGO TARA came together with TANGO TARA being hampered and driver J Curtin calling to the Starter. ASHLEY LOCAZ then continued to shift outwards and lunge at the barriers. Starter P Lamb was questioned as to why at the restart several outside runners were permitted to approach the barriers quicker than some inside runners. Mr Lamb explained that the entire field had been called into line to address the barriers but noticed the inside runners were slower and so had given them an additional call. He noticed at this time COPY THAT was reined up and other runners moving forward so soon afterwards activated the start.

Thats It??

I was watchin with a whole lot of people from both codes, and you should've heard the comments re the starter, I guess today I paid particular attention due to what I had read in here and frankly I was gobsmacked I couldn't believe what I was seein, and duely made the comment in acquiesce with the rest of em all there 'oh its gotta be a false start, surely'  but then they kept goin no siren, no whistle, thats when the swearin started; I, escaped to the bar beersey's on 😛 

Oh you gotta be jokin 45YOH, oh he flat out lied, Copy That wasn't bein reined up when he let them go, he had already let them go! he was so busy watchin the outside horses he only noticed the 3 closest him too late, geezuz

Cheers Iraklis

6 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

The field had to be turned away from addressing the barriers when ASHLEY LOCAZ and TANGO TARA came together with TANGO TARA being hampered and driver J Curtin calling to the Starter. ASHLEY LOCAZ then continued to shift outwards and lunge at the barriers. Starter P Lamb was questioned as to why at the restart several outside runners were permitted to approach the barriers quicker than some inside runners. Mr Lamb explained that the entire field had been called into line to address the barriers but noticed the inside runners were slower and so had given them an additional call. He noticed at this time COPY THAT was reined up and other runners moving forward so soon afterwards activated the start.

Thats It??

Pathetic - His shambles at the start of races has been talked about for years and the stipes do nothing. Either sack Lamb or Ydren - both either incompetent or sleeping together