RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Trackside Coverage on Cup Day

They are going to have a preview show on Trackside 1 from 10am - 11.35am for the Melbourne cup with Aidan Rodley, Emily Bosson and Brendan Popplewell and then get into the racing at both Wingatui and Ellerslie.

Whanganui greyhounds don't start till 5.40pm and on trackside 2  

I know somehow they will do their best ,some meetings may not be on some races at all,but gee all it needs is a delay in one or two meetings and the whole day is stuffed up,I was just being a bit sarcastic  in my comments aye.

4 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

They are going to have a preview show on Trackside 1 from 10am - 11.35am for the Melbourne cup with Aidan Rodley, Emily Bosson and Brendan Popplewell and then get into the racing at both Wingatui and Ellerslie.

A must not miss . Sorry , remove the word not .

23 hours ago, NextPlease said:

The galloping meetings have an extended break before and after the Cup, which helps.

One channel should be have at least 1 hour dedicated to pre and post-Melbourne Cup (you'd hope).

One year they set up a new channel to take the feed straight from the aussie free to air broadcaster, was great.

27 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

The race at Ellerslie straight after the cup; race 9 #19.  If you are backing it do fixed odds.

Every arsehole in NZ will be backing it on the tote.

Does it say hes better on a dry or shitty track?🙂

Looking at the fixed odds for Melbourne tomorrow, apart from the cup, most odds on other races I think are abit light, not many of the long prices we are used to seeing, are the bookies not that brave,or the fields lighter than usual, or maybe a lot more competitive form wise, or maybe it's just me.

@mckenzie

One year back in the 1800's & 1900's through to 2019 one could attend the Melbourne Cup in person in amongst the wonderfully happy & grateful crowds, rain, hail or shine, for the betterment of Public Health Including when there were Epidemics / and Pandemics... People were free from restrictions on their movements...

Have you ever attended it?

It's an event that is worth while doing so, the atmosphere is great, the horses & attendants, veterinary carers, officials of all manners, people of all walks of life, the gardeners who nurture the Roses & gardens that regenerate year after year, the hospitality workers, clothing & food growers - farmers & agricultural  & manufacturers, journalists & photographers of media publications all of whom contribute to the wider world economies all play key roles in the Racing industry for the overall betterment & enrichment of Society..