RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Derby Day

5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Slow Joke of a race.....great result for Denis but a lot of unlucky horses particularly Hit the Shot and Cherry Tortoni.

Wasn't much of a field in my view. I left out the fav as it was having only its third run and had missed that run at Moonee Valley. As it turned out it was probably one run short.

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Slow Joke of a race.....great result for Denis but a lot of unlucky horses particularly Hit the Shot and Cherry Tortoni.

I backed Hit The Shot. Interesting comments after the race suggest the first 1750m was slowly run but then it quickened for the 2nd half. But the race overall was 16 lengths slower than the class average. But that’s racing and the F4 wasn’t that hard. The best finished in F4 imho

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Maybe but always makes me laugh the jockeys that sit at the back off a slow pace and a sprint home and then say we had no chance off that pace. Why not make a move earlier then?

That result right there is why Melbourne racing and it's traditions will always be streets ahead of Sydney as it's "Races with no history" crassness.

3 year old plodders put the $8m Sydney race completely in the shade. That Sydney race could have been run for $1m and got exactly the same field.