RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
coxpl8

Sick of the sit and sprint races in NZ!

5 hours ago, mikenz said:

It's a shame that the trainers dont ride,but gee how hard being a trainer,doing all the prep and then having someone on who dont do the job very well.probably happens everyday in every race,but re your comment regarding the best riders that's why they are the best,experience is the key.

Clarry Conners once said in an interview he hated jockeys , " i spend 6 months getting a horse ready and they cant even give me 60 secs " , and he wasn't laughing , said he loved S Dye but even he annoyed him .

Lost count how many times we had a horse we thought was ready for a big one only to get a brain dead ride . 

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

You've heard trainers giving instructions to jockeys on Trackside?

Are Hello Leggy They oftern well say how theywant the horse ridden and what the instructions well be to the jockey

29 minutes ago, 47South said:

Are Hello Leggy They oftern well say how theywant the horse ridden and what the instructions well be to the jockey

So you haven't actually heard them giving instructions to the jockey, just them reporting how they think the horse might best be ridden?

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

So you haven't actually heard them giving instructions to the jockey, just them reporting how they think the horse might best be ridden?

4FS I have been in the game  since aged 11  I have lead horses in, owned horses, legged up jockeys and been told final instructions for jockeys from absent trainer worked as a race day steward 

Heard it all including I wont tell you how to "ride" to Dont knock it around today etc 

1 hour ago, bestbets said:

Simple do speed map an determine the pace then you get an idea of how the race will be run. Also some tracks have a front runners bias. All part of the the punting puzzel

You have left jockey's out of the equation , the toughest part of the puzzle to work out . Lost count of the times i've thought , right they will do this , then they go out and do 5 different things to the one i expected .