RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Gawd this is weird....NZ Cup, what?

Well, dunno bout you guys but here we are in the final days of the lead up to another NZ Trotting Cup, and normally there's all the talk around all those stars headed for a berth in The Cup, who's comin across the ditch to provide that air of 'excitement of competition'Ā for our beloved Kiwi guns, who's fav is firin and who's is gone burger šŸ¤”Ā blasted covid crap aside; people we're what 9 days out from THE CUP! who have we got this year? where's all the chat about who's gunna win it? an who's not, who needs great draw? what time yuh reckon it'll be run in? who's firin, who's rip roarin ready to get into a hard 2miler and blattttĀ home with a wet sail?....lets be havin the banter usual for the lead up to our great race, it's only right an correct to soĀ šŸ˜ƒĀ tizĀ NZ Cup time fir chrissakes....come come

Ā 

Cheers Iraklis

PS. I'm goin with the mighty Spankem, why? its his turn LOL oops my badĀ šŸ˜„ I forgot to add the northern gun Copy That (this fullas faaassst) yep yep yep

I posted ages ago i thought it was a 2 horse race Self Assured or Spankem. Backed them both early on and will add on any price deterioration

Copy ThatĀ  was good the other day but 2 miles at Addington is a different kettle of fish IMHO. If he wins good luck to his connections and im sure a few knockers will give me a spray- sobeit

Ā 

Greg

Hey JJ, nah no spray deserved fromĀ anyone in hereĀ šŸ˜ƒĀ it's just I've seen The Copy workin and yeh he's there and personally don't think 3200 at Addington will bother him, if he'sĀ near em turnin in lookout he's got a finish like a big mach incomin.....I've been missin the banter of the normal NZ Cup lead in, hence why I put up this post, tiz a shame no aus protagonists this year but I guess it is what it is.....

Ā 

Cheers Iraklis

Once the cup was eagerly awaited but in recent times its often dominated by stable or horses so has become a bit predictable but as we get older like many things it's just another race,a bit bigger than the normal run of the mill but still another race.

Oh no Mike, the Cup aint just another race it's the pinnacle of harness racing here; no matter what other races your horse may win there's nothin to gainĀ you more respect than to have a NZ Cup (or 2 or 3) in your list of wins, it'll never just be another race, it's 'thee' race, Champions are made and or reputations shaken if not broken in our great raceĀ šŸ˜€Ā and personally I don't care who or what stable wins it, so long as its Kiwi then I'm all good.....any horse that wins it, has earnedĀ itĀ no matter who they are trained by or for (an that includes the aussies)....

Ā 

Cheers Iraklis

19 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Oh no Mike, the Cup aint just another race it's the pinnacle of harness racing here; no matter what other races your horse may win there's nothin to gainĀ you more respect than to have a NZ Cup (or 2 or 3) in your list of wins, it'll never just be another race, it's 'thee' race, Champions are made and or reputations shaken if not broken in our great raceĀ šŸ˜€Ā and personally I don't care who or what stable wins it, so long as its Kiwi then I'm all good.....any horse that wins it, has earnedĀ itĀ no matter who they are trained by or for (an that includes the aussies)....

Ā 

Cheers Iraklis

Maybe ones just getting older,cup day once was like a religious day for me,now it just comes and goes,someone will win and good on them ,then life will carry on I guess.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

Maybe ones just getting older,cup day once was like a religious day for me,now it just comes and goes,someone will win and good on them ,then life will carry on I guess.

That's sad mikenz. I can remember Highland Fling winning and all since so I am not young, but I am still excited by the great race as much as I was as a young kid. There is something magic about the race even when fields are perhaps not as good as some in the past. It is still the NZ Cup which every harness owner, trainer and driver wants to win more than any other. The second Tuesday in November each year history is made. Mike, I would think you are far too young to be thinking old.

Hey has anyone got news on Ultimate Sniper and Turn It Up? cant wait for them to make a showing....and boy oh boy has Darling Me grown or what? she really is a beauty bigger than her mum and a decent frame to fill out but she's definitely headin in the right direction....

Ā 

Cheers Iraklis

6 hours ago, Overcheck said:

That's sad mikenz. I can remember Highland Fling winning and all since so I am not young, but I am still excited by the great race as much as I was as a young kid. There is something magic about the race even when fields are perhaps not as good as some in the past. It is still the NZ Cup which every harness owner, trainer and driver wants to win more than any other. The second Tuesday in November each year history is made. Mike, I would think you are far too young to be thinking old.

I've just been looking back at the past winners /stats etc etc,hard to believe some of the winnersĀ won so long ago now and no doubt another will go in the history books next week,I'm a historian of sorts but other things in life come along sometimes and our focus moves with our thoughts.

Dunn horse need front row draw. Went fast 3200 at Invercargill a few years back , looks back to best.Ā 

The Fixer looked heading in right direction from Ashburton race.

Probably these two are value behind topĀ 3 .

Cruz Bromac a chance on last years result but have no idea how he is tracking

On 10/31/2020 at 3:46 PM, Overcheck said:

Just been looking back on you tube at some of the races it seems there was more depth in numbers as in a bigger spread of those once in a lifetime horses that every owner or trainer dreams about,a lot of harness racings main races now are just dominated by a few,one thing is true though is the winner who ever it is will be a gooden,some of the times they run just seem to be quicker and quicker,will there be a point in time when they cant go any quicker?

Talking about depth,of the noms for the cup,Tango Tara has won 5 races,UmayĀ Collect 7 ,Heisenberg 7 and there will be others ,its a lot different from the days where open class was 10 wins and most started had achieved that goal,leadup racing was more interesting,some of those horse in MelbourneĀ tomorrow have only had a handful of starts,seems odd to me.

Copy THAT V THE BLUE ARMY.... still think CT has the x factor ,never been passed in the straight so if he can be in front at the turn will get the distance .... and the Cup. good luck to owners/trainer /driver.oh and then there is a "Classy" horse from the master Robert DunnĀ  .that could upset the top 3 picks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ā  My phantom race ends with these 4 poss.... spankem/copy that/classy brigade/self assured.(who prob will give all others a start..)

On 10/31/2020 at 6:53 PM, Iraklis said:

Hey has anyone got news on Ultimate Sniper and Turn It Up? cant wait for them to make a showing....and boy oh boy has Darling Me grown or what? she really is a beauty bigger than her mum and a decent frame to fill out but she's definitely headin in the right direction....

Ā 

Cheers Iraklis

Hi Iraklis,

Ultimate Sniper is back in work and Turn it Up has had two starts in Aussie a 3rd first up and won 2nd up at Albion Park with Vicky Rasmussen getting ready for the Blacks a Fake in Dec.

Hope your going good.

Hey there Lee mate, yup all good here, hope you are to....thanks for the update my friendĀ šŸ˜€Ā  woohoo go the mighty TurnItUp; will Turny be back here or is he an aussie now? hey John mate, my hearts with the Copy (bein a northerner an all) but if he can't then gooooo the mighty Spankem, he's gunna need all his champion qualities to fight off the hard chargin Copy but it won't surprise me if he don't; Copy That is right there and he'll give great account of himself either way.....Cup trial is at 6pm on HRNZ Facebook be good to get another look at SpankemĀ and the rest.....

Ā 

Cheers Iraklis

Ā