RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

TAB going gangbusters

I know of quite a few people who haven't been betting for a while are taking advantage of the recent Free Bet events e.g. $30 on a certain race and getting a$5 for each horse yours beats. And yes I am one of them. 

Thanks TAB. 

23 minutes ago, Trump said:

Interesting that kiwis spent about 35% more on Overseas Racing than their own domestic racing. Says it all and here comes the Aussie Spring Carnival! 

Thought 35% was quite respectable given Australia have about 10 times the meeting's we have most days. 

15 minutes ago, Trump said:

Interesting that kiwis spent about 35% more on Overseas Racing than their own domestic racing. Says it all and here comes the Aussie Spring Carnival! 

Kinda obvious Trump when there are so many more "Overseas Races" to bet on.

Plus , often good class Aussie races  to bet on against  mainly maiden races in NZ, plus much greater pools for Quaddies etc in  Aussie.

I do wonder why you seem to delight in the put down of NZ racing when you held one of the most respected posts in NZ racing plus owned a good horse which did pretty well in the NZ racing environment !

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Kinda obvious Trump when there are so many more "Overseas Races" to bet on.

Plus , often good class Aussie races  to bet on against  mainly maiden races in NZ, plus much greater pools for Quaddies etc in  Aussie.

I do wonder why you seem to delight in the put down of NZ racing when you held one of the most respected posts in NZ racing plus owned a good horse which did pretty well in the NZ racing environment !

Where did I put NZ Racing down? The majority of posters on Racecafe have commented widely about the situation NZ Racing finds it in. Where have you been? If you think I have put NZ Racing down with my comment above, you’ve misinterpreted what I wrote and or you’re ignoring the obvious. So forgiveness is forthcoming.  A massive 35% more on Overseas betting says it all and that’s not taking in the upcoming Spring MC race meetings. So I’ll add this. It’s even more important that the NZ TAB offers a top “competitive” product. If they don’t, they are going to miss out on the big punter’s turnover. I’m picking that the 35% gap will grow and hopefully it does. Its one way to continue to increase its revenue. During COVID, betting has gone up everywhere - including Aust’s TABCORP. Now, I’m not sure why you wandered off into racehorse ownership etc....

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Good that turnovers are on the rise but hard to be totally positive when Saturday Maiden Races are still being run for a derisory $10,000. Even worse was a Maiden Hurdle Race at Ellerslie on Great Northern day for the same $10,000.

Agreed, some have still had a several month long stint with no wins too right(or a lot less than under normal circumstances), making it pretty rough again for those doing the hard daily graft/paying the bills. So Tab has an increased revenue now but most industry participants are still carrying the weight of reduced revenue. I think the mid term future is still a concern, when the initial post lock down surge that many are experiencing wears off. Will be interesting to see how the NZB Ready to Run and yearling sales go since that has a flow on effect too. 

Still, pleasing short term results. 

Some of the figures can be a wee bit skewed I think there has been more harness meetings and more greyhounds but the good sized fields for the gallops has made it a better product,field sizes have been outstanding,it does make it a better product

25 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

There’s a global pattern with an increase in gambling correlated to Covid lockdowns 

That said, credit where it’s due, the TAB is now travelling light, operating costs are down, jobs have gone, but when profit is simultaneously up it’s hard to argue they’re not doing a good job

They need to get the radio back, maybe sometime they will

3 hours ago, mikenz said:

They need to get the radio back, maybe sometime they will

Turned trackside on today for the first time in a few years aside from the odd race. Didn't last an hour. Like watching the horses and riders but can't stand the noise and mindless babble. That's probably it for a few more years.

54 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Turned trackside on today for the first time in a few years aside from the odd race. Didn't last an hour. Like watching the horses and riders but can't stand the noise and mindless babble. That's probably it for a few more years.

I find that guy telling us of the big bets irritating the endless diet of dog racing from ozzie in particular  irritating,someone needs to front the show,maybe they dont like having to sit there and waffle,I have to say I dont watch it alot anyway,I'm a radio person,that's what I want that's what I miss,and many others are in the same thought process.

Poundforpound argues  that the TAB are doing a great job.

I disagree.

I rarely bet on my TAB account but needed to place a few bets today, on the horses.  I gave up after ten minutes and drove to the local TAB to put the bets on.  Since i have last used my internet account the site has been changed and I could not follow how to bet on the nags.  I refuse to believe that I am as thick as pig shit and twice as dangerous.  I understand binomial theorem, verbs conjugated with etre, the Bruce Lowe numbering system, the dividend imputation credit system, the Cyrillic alphabet and trading in the commodities futures markets; BUT that TAB site is beyond my comprehension.  Interestingly I tried the sports betting site and it is a piece of piss.  I threw a lazy fiver on Waikato against the Jafas.  How come the horse are so complex

I dont think it's that difficult,it never seems to update results properly or shut sometimes when race is closed but I have seen worse sites,betfair while the betting exchange is good you never get any info on a sports match at all,there is always room for improvement and the TAB site is a work of art.