RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

General Manager HRNZ

Catherine McDonald named as General Manager, Racing HRNZ.

27 October 2020 , News

Harness Racing New Zealand has announced its new General Manager, Racing.

Catherine McDonald has been appointed to the position, effectively replacing Darrin Williams who left after 26 years to take up a position at Addington Raceway.

“I’m really excited to be joining the HRNZ team,” she says.

“Catherine brings exceptional depth both commercially and strategically to the GM Racing role that will add real value and deliver strong benefit to HRNZ as we move forward,” says HRNZ Interim Chief Executive Phil Holden.

“Catherine comes to us from Lincoln University where she was a special projects manager initially supporting the university with its earthquake claims then moving onto to a project managing the successful business case for a new $80m science facility development.”

McDonald has also worked at the Christchurch City Council where she led teams on a variety of major city initiatives and projects.

She has been heavily involved with the racing industry : “I was born and bred into harness racing, arriving on Cup day and I’ve been an owner, breeder and trainer.”

Her family’s breeding success stories include Master Musician and the best horse she trained was three-win pacer Fear Me in the mid 1990s.

“I am excited about the commercial capability and impact Catherine will deliver for both HRNZ and the wider industry,” said Holden.

McDonald starts at HRNZ on November 9, a day before the New Zealand Cup.

Moving right along all they need now is a new CEO and the appointment of INDEPENDANT directors to HRNZ board. I might add the departure of certain current board members would enhance the governance side of things but that might be asking a bit too much

Greg