RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blossom Lady

Disqualification

Or you could just read the rules.

104(1)A person who is disqualified in accordance with this Part XI, or whose name appears in the list of disqualifications of Another Racing Authority shall not during the period of that disqualification:

(a)enter or run any horse for any Race, either in his own name or in that of any other person and subject to Rule 525(7), every entry theretofore made by him or of a horse in which he has any interest for a Race to be run shall be void as from the date of disqualification; [Amended 1 September 2020]

(b)train any horse or ride any horse in a Race or be employed in any capacity in connection with the training or racing of horses;and/or

(c)enter or go upon any Racecourse or any Training Facilityor other place owned or controlled by any Club or by any consortium or other entity of which a Club is a member or in which it is a participant; and/or

(d)have an interest in any horse as Owner or lessee or act as Racing Manager of a horse. [Amended 1 September 2020]

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Or you could just read the rules.

104(1)A person who is disqualified in accordance with this Part XI, or whose name appears in the list of disqualifications of Another Racing Authority shall not during the period of that disqualification:

(a)enter or run any horse for any Race, either in his own name or in that of any other person and subject to Rule 525(7), every entry theretofore made by him or of a horse in which he has any interest for a Race to be run shall be void as from the date of disqualification; [Amended 1 September 2020]

(b)train any horse or ride any horse in a Race or be employed in any capacity in connection with the training or racing of horses;and/or

(c)enter or go upon any Racecourse or any Training Facilityor other place owned or controlled by any Club or by any consortium or other entity of which a Club is a member or in which it is a participant; and/or

(d)have an interest in any horse as Owner or lessee or act as Racing Manager of a horse. [Amended 1 September 2020]

There was a case many years ago , 25sh maybe , a person in Levin was disqualified  , an owner if i remember . Anyway along with himself the rules at the time meant his wife also became disqualified , not a happy camper , so took the racing authorities to court , not sure under what , Human Rights or unfair discrimination , anyway she won and the rule was changed . Vaguely think they might have even been separated but not divorced .

Don't quote me on any of it , memory not being what it was but i think that was the gist of it .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

There was a case many years ago , 25sh maybe , a person in Levin was disqualified  , an owner if i remember . Anyway along with himself the rules at the time meant his wife also became disqualified , not a happy camper , so took the racing authorities to court , not sure under what , Human Rights or unfair discrimination , anyway she won and the rule was changed . Vaguely think they might have even been separated but not divorced .

Don't quote me on any of it , memory not being what it was but i think that was the gist of it .

Interesting. It certainly is quite clear now that the Racing Act under which the Rules of Racing are made and effected cannot override any other Act, so I don't think it is possible that the disqualification of a person could be applied to another person whether that be a spouse or family member or whomever. I'd be interested to know from Blossom Lady some more detail about what raised the initial question?

15 hours ago, Leggy said:

Interesting. It certainly is quite clear now that the Racing Act under which the Rules of Racing are made and effected cannot override any other Act, so I don't think it is possible that the disqualification of a person could be applied to another person whether that be a spouse or family member or whomever. I'd be interested to know from Blossom Lady some more detail about what raised the initial question?

So if you own a bar/pub you can still operate even though you might have been barred from racing ???

59 minutes ago, Blossom Lady said:

So if you own a bar/pub you can still operate even though you might have been barred from racing ???

Don't think the rules of racing have anything to do with operating bars, pubs or any other business for that matter. Why would you ask or think that? Please explain.

9 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Disqualified from what exactly ?

DQ my arse ... it’s actually just a lovely holiday away from the sub species and ex cops 

That was my thinking, too, when reading of the 'tactics' used by the hierarchy in their pointless proceedings.

Racing will go under, as an industry, long before the hospitality business does.

Talking of which, I was watching the Election on the box quite early on the night and they live-crossed to some eatery/drinking establishment at the bottom of QS which was where ACT had their HQ for the night.

A very shifty-eyed, silver-haired gent strolled past. Looked the tyoe who might call someone 'ignorant' or 'stupid' in an on-line post. Maybe both.

I think Management at the establishment in question should look at beefing up security to keep that sort of person away. Who knows when a racing investigator and/or manager of integrity assurance at a Racing Integrity Unit might chance to be in the neighbourhood ... and sensitive souls like that need protecting!

Trust your place is bumping again and that it bumps even more once the AQ comp. kicks off...

Depends on your view of successful life. On the one hand lead a safe vanilla existence. A  fuctionary that cant be fired waiting for the comfort  of the benny and the super and God.

On the other hand be daring, optomistic, outrageous even. having a crack, succeding after failure. Likely God doest want to take this interesting person. 

Nah dont be boring!  

On 10/28/2020 at 12:14 PM, poundforpound said:

Disqualified from what exactly ?

I can still act as an expert witness in the courts 

I can’t race horses for a year .. big fucking deal

I can’t go racing ( I only went four times a year anyway )

I can’t sponsor races, $42,000 saved right there

I get to spend summer on super yachts doing America’s Cup shit, drinking and eating to my hearts content 

All for what ?
For telling the truth as an expert witness for two defendants in the catastrophic failure Operation Inca, because the scum and their advisers had lied to The Police 

I sleep easy, my conscience is clear, I did nothing wrong

Racing is fucked for many reasons and the abuse shown to me is but a symptom of a stinking rotting lying culture attributed to a handful of ex cops who have no compunction about lying and fabricating evidence, enabled by an incompetent leader 

DQ my arse ... it’s actually just a lovely holiday away from the sub species and ex cops 

Perhaps if its on the list of your priorities you might give us an update on the missing French young worker from your estab.  Many young workers prone to suicide stemming from abuse at the workplace so some hard questions need to be asked. That doesn't mean the questioner needs an avalanche of abuse.