RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Archer

Melbourne Cup 2020

Runner up in the Irish Derby at a big price - posted in my Northern Hemisphere reports.

There's lots of ifs, buts and maybes about this lot - it might be a vintage renewal but we won't know that for a while. There's the suspicion the better Ballydoyle runners will be at Epsom next weekend. SANTIAGO is the obvious choice if they go hard - he's a relentless galloper but give me someone else's tenner and I'd have a speculative punt on TIGER MOTH at 14s.

He ran really well nearly catching SANTIAGO. He then had a break and romped home by four lengths in a Group 3 at Leopardstown over 2400m.

He's by Galileo (as you'd expect) out of a Mujadil mare but the three full sisters all raced around a mile so he's got more stamina but the 3200m has to be a question. I suppose he's fancied because as an NH 3-y-o he gets in well in the weights though not as well as Rewilding or Cross Counter. He's rated 113 up here so he's ready to take on Group 1 company but he's not had much racing and given Aidan O'Brien's record in the MC I'm wary of sticking any of my hard-earned (let alone YOUR hard-earned) on TIGER MOTH until we see the barrier draw.

The Caulfield Cup sectionals are worth a look
https://www.racing.com/form/2020-10-17/caulfield/race/9/results#/sectionals

AVD ran 11 meter further than the winner, and PoA was the fastest finisher over the last 200m.

A lot will come down to the draw, but those three could easily trifecta the Melbourne Cup

On 10/21/2020 at 6:27 AM, stodge said:

Runner up in the Irish Derby at a big price - posted in my Northern Hemisphere reports.

There's lots of ifs, buts and maybes about this lot - it might be a vintage renewal but we won't know that for a while. There's the suspicion the better Ballydoyle runners will be at Epsom next weekend. SANTIAGO is the obvious choice if they go hard - he's a relentless galloper but give me someone else's tenner and I'd have a speculative punt on TIGER MOTH at 14s.

He ran really well nearly catching SANTIAGO. He then had a break and romped home by four lengths in a Group 3 at Leopardstown over 2400m.

He's by Galileo (as you'd expect) out of a Mujadil mare but the three full sisters all raced around a mile so he's got more stamina but the 3200m has to be a question. I suppose he's fancied because as an NH 3-y-o he gets in well in the weights though not as well as Rewilding or Cross Counter. He's rated 113 up here so he's ready to take on Group 1 company but he's not had much racing and given Aidan O'Brien's record in the MC I'm wary of sticking any of my hard-earned (let alone YOUR hard-earned) on TIGER MOTH until we see the barrier draw.

Santiago is out of the MC Stodge. Stablemate Wichita fractured a leg and also out.