RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

A very suspcious drive IMHO

Nathan Williamson on fav Yankee Party in the last at Wairio last Thursday. For a horse that had won its previous 2 starts in 2.42 and 2.44 why have it near last and then boom home late in 2.538 race. Given they ran the last 800 in 56.5 and quarter in 27.7 he either gave it a quiet run or mistimed the race pace. Given he usually puts all his drives in the race at some point this looked very ordinary to me.

Anyone else see the drive or watch the replay and care to make a comment

Greg

And this is why Nathan is one of the best drivers in the country, and you're .... well .... just another armchair expert!

The horse was driven in EXACTLY the same manner it has been successfully driven in the past. On this occasion however she had to come from further back running faster times than she'd ever had to run in the past.

Neither horse nor driver could have done any better on the day.

Don't give up your day day JJ!

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

10 seconds slower and an upcoming race at Addington in Cup week

Let's see

Greg

200m longer, hence 10 seconds slower.

Amazing run by Yankee Party. Good knowledge of race tempo by driver. Leader kicked on well.

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

10 seconds slower and an upcoming race at Addington in Cup week

Let's see

Greg

Sorry Greg 2.54 for 2400m is around 2.40 for 2200m as you must well know. Looked a touch cold the drive but given they went 1.58 for the opening mile you probably need to apologise 😐

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Lets see what happens next start and future drives.

Greg

You have the gall to come on here and make baseless, uninformed and scurrilous allegations against a leading driver with an impeccable reputation, and you're not man enough to even admit you were wrong, let alone make a public apology.

You are a pathetic waste of space JJ Flash!

If the admin had any balls he'd either make you apologise or kick your gutless arse to the kerb!

4 hours ago, Flawed Genius said:

You have the gall to come on here and make baseless, uninformed and scurrilous allegations against a leading driver with an impeccable reputation, and you're not man enough to even admit you were wrong, let alone make a public apology.

You are a pathetic waste of space JJ Flash!

If the admin had any balls he'd either make you apologise or kick your gutless arse to the kerb!

Not at all baseless but then again it appears by your posts you are a fan of NM' s given your staunch replies. If you read my post i suggested it was a suspicious drive IMHO. Note thats my opinion. he literally gave it no chance.hence i see no need to apologise and now certain southern racing fans have suggested i was on the money with my observations.

lets wait and see how he drives it from now on and how it performs in future starts including a possible trip to Cup week.

Greg

As expected, a totally gutless response from an armchair expert, aka a fool, who can't even tell the difference between a 2200m race and a 2400m race. And now you've resorted to anonymously quoting "certain southern racing fans" to try and cover for your lack of even a basic understanding of race tactics.

Here's a chance for you to redeem yourself ... just point out the race where the horse has been driven differently.

Full disclosure: I have a horse with Nathan along with a number of other top trainers. After 40 years of horse ownership, dozens of horses, and in excess of 100 winners, the only thing easier than spotting the best trainers, the best drivers, and the best horses in the game is spotting the "know nothings" on the sideline!

To base any opinion humble or otherwise only on Observation is flawed, unfortunately Greggles has gone there .... A Classic case of this type of drive was poor ol Frank Cooney driving Lets elope as short fav (1.8) at Alex park ,sat back over 2200 in a capacity field on a walk, 2.49 with 56/27 last sections ,now he stated he couldnt improve earlier as it wasnt the horses pattern and the stipes ate it up.... then the night i left it out as a result of that  comment he did the exact opposite with a mid race move sitting parked and breezed in .....theres another funny stipes report from  one wet night at Manawatu where the leader came off the fence leaving the back straight giving the heavily backed Stable runner who was trailing for Orange the rails and the win... he stated in the stipes report the inside was saturated so moved out to give his horse a better chance... two races later after steady rain did the exact opposite to win 😆 Take from that what you will  🤔

You want to compain get your facts right Greggles 🙄

If you want to see a real error of judgement take a look at this one ...

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=280087&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

S Wigg clearly miscounts the laps and almost certainly cost herself the race.

She's still trying to convince the stipes she didn't miscounts the laps, but her actions from the end of the back straight to the winning post with a lap to go tell a very different story.

Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes but when you do make them you have to own them. You can't bullshit your way out of clear video evidence.

5 hours ago, Flawed Genius said:

As expected, a totally gutless response from an armchair expert, aka a fool, who can't even tell the difference between a 2200m race and a 2400m race. And now you've resorted to anonymously quoting "certain southern racing fans" to try and cover for your lack of even a basic understanding of race tactics.

Here's a chance for you to redeem yourself ... just point out the race where the horse has been driven differently.

Full disclosure: I have a horse with Nathan along with a number of other top trainers. After 40 years of horse ownership, dozens of horses, and in excess of 100 winners, the only thing easier than spotting the best trainers, the best drivers, and the best horses in the game is spotting the "know nothings" on the sideline!

.This is a discussion forum in case you hadn't noticed. Its my opinion it was a poor drive , you see it otherwise  that's you prerogative. Resorting to the  language  your posting suggests you have no real grasp of other peoples opinions. You must be  scary in real life.🤭

Greg

3 hours ago, Gruff said:

You want to compain get your facts right Greggles 

You want to sort yourself out Gruff with that insinuation. All i have done is suggest i thought it was an ordinary drive

.I'm not complaining in any way as know the owners of the winner and they did well out of the event and i had no bet in the race but i will be on in future.

So no  complaining this end

On 10/18/2020 at 10:23 AM, JJ Flash said:

Given he usually puts all his drives in the race at some point this looked very ordinary to me.

So i'll stick to my opinion and you and the angry one can have yours as its no skin off my nose

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

.This is a discussion forum in case you hadn't noticed. Its my opinion it was a poor drive , you see it otherwise  that's you prerogative. Resorting to the  language  your posting suggests you have no real grasp of other peoples opinions. You must be  scary in real life.🤭

Greg

You might want to work out the difference between "valuing other peoples opinions" and "the value of other peoples opinions". On the subject in question you clearly have no idea!

When someone makes plainly ridiculous statements that also call another persons integrity into question, as you have, you either need to put up some proof, or cop whatever comes your way!

I'll bet you're a covid hoax conspiracy theorist too!

Me scary? Never. Suffer a fool lightly? Even less likely!

On 10/19/2020 at 8:23 PM, JJ Flash said:

You want to sort yourself out Gruff with that insinuation. All i have done is suggest i thought it was an ordinary drive

.I'm not complaining in any way as know the owners of the winner and they did well out of the event and i had no bet in the race but i will be on in future.

So no  complaining this end

So i'll stick to my opinion and you and the angry one can have yours as its no skin off my nose

Greg

You suggested it was Suspicious , ive been in your shoes previously with my posts and dont blame you for having that opinion been there done that and will probably be there again, just pointing out some judgemental errors...hope you do the same for me 🙂  remember i called Mckeons ride in the Avondale Cup as the worst in Cups history ahead of Shane Dye 😳

On 10/18/2020 at 11:48 AM, Flawed Genius said:

And this is why Nathan is one of the best drivers in the country, and you're .... well .... just another armchair expert!

The horse was driven in EXACTLY the same manner it has been successfully driven in the past. On this occasion however she had to come from further back running faster times than she'd ever had to run in the past.

Neither horse nor driver could have done any better on the day.

Don't give up your day day JJ!

Hope you got plenty Saturday

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

I told 100s of people Of Mckeons inepeptitude at Avondale yet when Walker won the next year he paid $8 .... if he was on year before its track revord and biggest winning margin 🥴

Geez Gruff...that was 2008.

Checked the photo on the wall......1st Tinseltown ......daylight second then Ginga Dude and Sand Hawk.

A beautiful day !

11 hours ago, Flawed Genius said:

Sure did. Got the draw to suit it's racing pattern and as usual, top drivers win winnable races!

More nonsense from you re YP

It lead and won first start despite you saying earlier its pattern is to get back. Was very quickly put in the race on Saturday.

No wonder punters are deserting harness but good that you loaded up