RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

DONT GIVE UP YA DAY JOB

12 hours ago, berzerk said:

When watching Oz racing I want to know what Clint Huchison, Ronnie Dufficy is tipping. I want to know what Jayne Ivil or Lizzie Jelfs opinions on runners in the yard. How frigging hard is it to get something halfway similar in NZ?????

They aren’t likely to move here B.......😆

1 minute ago, Memphis2 said:

Brent Zerafa couldn’t tip his beer over. 

I do remember when he backed a horse once but didn’t include it in his first four tips. I think he got suspended. Get On is s good show but it’s like a comedy. 

Lost them heaps in that Let it Ride Comp...put the lot on Nature Strip to win......never live that down.....😆

I’ve always maintained that Get On is for “light entertainment”, fun to watch. But if you have to rely on them for tips, one should not be betting. The Duff is pretty good in Sydney. He’s well connected around the Stables and Jockeys and has ownership interests in a few. He’s pretty good. What I do like is the summing up in the parade ring. What horses look forward in condition, their coats etc. if you’re not on track this helps a lot. That’s where coverage in Australia is excellent. But “Get On”? That’s a fun show. A laugh. 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I’ve always maintained that Get On is for “light entertainment”, fun to watch. But if you have to rely on them for tips, one should not be betting. The Duff is pretty good in Sydney. He’s well connected around the Stables and Jockeys and has ownership interests in a few. He’s pretty good. What I do like is the summing up in the parade ring. What horses look forward in condition, their coats etc. if you’re not on track this helps a lot. That’s where coverage in Australia is excellent. But “Get On”? That’s a fun show. A laugh. 

It is Trumpy. They pick the odd winner or three, but it’s light years ahead of anything here whichever way you look at it.....😉

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

It is Trumpy. They pick the odd winner or three, but it’s light years ahead of anything here whichever way you look at it.....😉

Most likely is. Perhaps that’s one reason the betting revenue on Tabcorp for the 19/20 year is up. Info and TV coverage is crucial. The Aussies do it well and the Corporate Bookies play their part also. It’s a highly competitive market and that’s the best scenario. Ring any bells in NZ? 

Having made selections for the newspaper liftouts for many years, i believe the terms Tips & tipster are misleading as they suggest that the "tipster" has some inside or more knowledge than your average punter. This may be the case in the odd race but definitely not in all races. The term selector is far more accurate in that the person is making selections based on their personal knowledge and read of a race.Everyone has the choice to follow the selections or not.  

18 hours ago, Trump said:

Most likely is. Perhaps that’s one reason the betting revenue on Tabcorp for the 19/20 year is up. Info and TV coverage is crucial. The Aussies do it well and the Corporate Bookies play their part also. It’s a highly competitive market and that’s the best scenario. Ring any bells in NZ? 

Just to add a little bit , for the big carnivals racing is broadcast free to air on the 7 network and they do a better job than the dedicated racing channels , minimal graphics maximum vision , you get more lizzie and more jane ( much easier on the eye than dufficy) and less giggling than those get on goons.lots of tv apps will get this and much more , the bells are tolling not ringing

A lot of people bagging the TAB's selector, yet no one willing to show they are a superior selector. LightsOut, Nomates, Mike28, ivanthegreat - give it a go. Post at a similar time and see how you do.

I am not bagging him I like him posting his picks as I said above it makes it easier to pick winners.

The point is how can anyone criticise  someone else's work if they can't do any better. The Shark makes no claims at being an expert.

NZ TAB Expert "The Shark" Makes These Selections For Ruakaka Today.Race 1 scheduled to start at 12 noon, the Harcourts Whangarei Open sprint featuring Avantage is race 6 at .54pm. Last race is at 4.40pm so time to get to the rugby to watch Northland take on Hawkes Bay.

Someone is making the claims but given its the NZ TAB is it any surprise he is labelled as an expert!

Ive noticed Sharky taking a few that 10 minutes study would have you shaking your head . He or they or it are selecting on every race going around you cant expect a great strike rate surely 🤔