RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

DONT GIVE UP YA DAY JOB

e Shark: Best At Hastings On Saturday

SHARKS PICKS FOR HAWKES BAY.............. HOPE THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS GARBAGE

RACE 1
1 Ripcord ($3.70)

Kevin Myers-trained stayer who produced a lovely effort for second behind Waisake at this track last month. Third up here and won his only other start in this state. 
Selections: 1-2-9-3

BET NOW

RACE 2
1 Vee Cece ($4.20)

Talented stayer who wasn’t that far away when producing a mid-field finish over 1600 metres at Te Rapa. Will relish the step up in trip to 2200 and gets the services of Opie Bosson.
Selections: 1-5-8-9

BET NOW

RACE 3
2 Ranger ($2.60)

Has been super impressive during his latest campaign, with the smart Vamos Bebe the only horse to have beaten him in three starts. Slight concern with the wide draw but the step up to 1400 suits and he will appreciate the softer track.
Selections: 2-1-7-4

BET NOW

RACE 4
1 Parisian ($14)

Has been a tough horse to follow this campaign. Didn’t cop the going at his first two starts back but should get more suitable conditions on Saturday. Back in grade suits and we should get a nice price.
Selections: 1-7-6-15

BET NOW

RACE 5
1 De La Terre ($3.80)

Finished just two lengths off the winner in the Gold Trail despite a wide run after finishing runner up in the Northland Breeders. Has won both starts on slow going.  
Selections: 1-5-3-4

BET NOW

RACE 6
8 London Banker ($3.30)

James/Wellwood-trained five year old who has won four of 11. Let down with a nice finish fresh up at Ellerslie last month and will strip fitter on Saturday. 
Selections: 8-6-10-7

BET NOW

RACE 7
3 Packing Rockstar ($2.50)

Talented five year old who has won three of his four starts since arriving from Hong Kong. Has drawn to get a soft trip and has Opie Bosson on top. 
Selections: 3-5-4-6

BET NOW

RACE 8
9 Melody Belle ($2.40)

Sharkie’s favourite horse. The way she fought for line honours in the Windsor Park Plate a fortnight back suggests she is right back to her best form. She has to contend with a wide gate but this mare can do anything and she will be ably assisted by the talented Troy Harris in the saddle.
Selections: 9-15-5-10

BET NOW

RACE 9
2 Rock On Wood

Talented six year old trained out of Levin. Let down with a stylish sprint at his most recent trial and is unbeaten fresh (3 starts for 3 wins).
Selections: 2-8-5-1

BET NOW

RACE 10
2 Very Appealing ($7.00)

Gave them something to chase when resuming here earlier this month. Will improve on that effort and won’t mind the wet track. 
Selections: 2-9-3-12

BET NOW

Best: 1 Ripcord (Race 1)
Next: 2 Ranger (Race 3)
Roughie: 1 Parisian

14 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

e Shark: Best At Hastings On Saturday

SHARKS PICKS FOR HAWKES BAY.............. HOPE THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS GARBAGE

RACE 1
1 Ripcord ($3.70)

Kevin Myers-trained stayer who produced a lovely effort for second behind Waisake at this track last month. Third up here and won his only other start in this state. 
Selections: 1-2-9-3

BET NOW

RACE 2
1 Vee Cece ($4.20)

Talented stayer who wasn’t that far away when producing a mid-field finish over 1600 metres at Te Rapa. Will relish the step up in trip to 2200 and gets the services of Opie Bosson.
Selections: 1-5-8-9

BET NOW

RACE 3
2 Ranger ($2.60)

Has been super impressive during his latest campaign, with the smart Vamos Bebe the only horse to have beaten him in three starts. Slight concern with the wide draw but the step up to 1400 suits and he will appreciate the softer track.
Selections: 2-1-7-4

BET NOW

RACE 4
1 Parisian ($14)

Has been a tough horse to follow this campaign. Didn’t cop the going at his first two starts back but should get more suitable conditions on Saturday. Back in grade suits and we should get a nice price.
Selections: 1-7-6-15

BET NOW

RACE 5
1 De La Terre ($3.80)

Finished just two lengths off the winner in the Gold Trail despite a wide run after finishing runner up in the Northland Breeders. Has won both starts on slow going.  
Selections: 1-5-3-4

BET NOW

RACE 6
8 London Banker ($3.30)

James/Wellwood-trained five year old who has won four of 11. Let down with a nice finish fresh up at Ellerslie last month and will strip fitter on Saturday. 
Selections: 8-6-10-7

BET NOW

RACE 7
3 Packing Rockstar ($2.50)

Talented five year old who has won three of his four starts since arriving from Hong Kong. Has drawn to get a soft trip and has Opie Bosson on top. 
Selections: 3-5-4-6

BET NOW

RACE 8
9 Melody Belle ($2.40)

Sharkie’s favourite horse. The way she fought for line honours in the Windsor Park Plate a fortnight back suggests she is right back to her best form. She has to contend with a wide gate but this mare can do anything and she will be ably assisted by the talented Troy Harris in the saddle.
Selections: 9-15-5-10

BET NOW

RACE 9
2 Rock On Wood

Talented six year old trained out of Levin. Let down with a stylish sprint at his most recent trial and is unbeaten fresh (3 starts for 3 wins).
Selections: 2-8-5-1

BET NOW

RACE 10
2 Very Appealing ($7.00)

Gave them something to chase when resuming here earlier this month. Will improve on that effort and won’t mind the wet track. 
Selections: 2-9-3-12

BET NOW

Best: 1 Ripcord (Race 1)
Next: 2 Ranger (Race 3)
Roughie: 1 Parisian

Be nice Ivan...he did pick Melody Belle.......😉

3 hours ago, talk said:

Nomates - how about posting your selections, so we can see how you go head to head with The Shark?

Did you see where i finished up yesterday , the difference is i am not putting myself out as a tipster .

Is this Shark one person or load of different people using the  name . Most these tipsters no better than most punters , they just flower it up a bit and talk a good job . Good on them making a living out of it . There are some good ones , Ron Dufficy  IMHO pretty good and the guys on Get On I have huge respect for .

BZ on Get On is the worst tipster. Week in and out. But as you say he is so convincing with his analysis. And that’s their job they spend their working week and endless contacts coming up with losers. I can come up with my own losers thanks. 

There is a distinct difference between a professional punter and a presenter who provides tips.

Most pros are not in the spotlight. Take a presenters' selections with a grain of salt. They are often thinking about the horse only, and not market movement, value and other factors.

22 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

There is a distinct difference between a professional punter and a presenter who provides tips.

Most pros are not in the spotlight. Take a presenters' selections with a grain of salt. They are often thinking about the horse only, and not market movement, value and other factors.

A presenter also has to pick runners in every race something a pro wouldnt entertain, as one of the greats Mad Mark used to say .. ‘wait and pounce ‘

A lot of people bagging the TAB's selector, yet no one willing to show they are a superior selector. LightsOut, Nomates, Mike28, ivanthegreat - give it a go. Post at a similar time and see how you do.

1 hour ago, talk said:

A lot of people bagging the TAB's selector, yet no one willing to show they are a superior selector. LightsOut, Nomates, Mike28, ivanthegreat - give it a go. Post at a similar time and see how you do.

What's your point buddy , I could put up my one selection a race , because i only ever back one horse a race , against the sharks top pick , no problem , but what will that prove . It will prove i'm no tipster and neither is the shark , even if i beat him , it's not a very high bar to beat . 

Everybody's point being , the shark selecting 4 every race available is a pointless exercise because his results don't stand up to the standard of being a tipster . And it's all about results .

So climb off your high horse , but i'm sure you wont .

The point is how can anyone criticise  someone else's work if they can't do any better. The Shark makes no claims at being an expert.  The selections are there for those people that can't be bothered picking their own. 

And hw do we know how well the shark does. Not one critic willing to front up and give that comparison.

Deriding one race meetings picks by the Shark is hardley a fair sample.

42 minutes ago, talk said:

The point is how can anyone criticise  someone else's work if they can't do any better. The Shark makes no claims at being an expert.  The selections are there for those people that can't be bothered picking their own. 

And hw do we know how well the shark does. Not one critic willing to front up and give that comparison.

Deriding one race meetings picks by the Shark is hardley a fair sample.

If you watch enough racing you see that he is not that successful at it . But we're not criticizing someone's work , the shark is not a person , he's a concept , the shark is tipping on everything , EVERYTHING , gallops , here and Aus , harness , here and Aus , greys , here and Aus , Chilean racing , American quarter horse racing , Korean and Japanese racing , you see a race the shark generally has selections . No one person has the knowledge of all these different sports in so many countries . So HIS feelings aren't being hurt . 

It's all about promoting betting by the masses , but it's a naive concept , no one takes the selections seriously so pointless exercise .

As i said i could easily put up selections but it would prove nothing , i could beat the sharks selections but that still doesn't make me a tipster .

Now if the shark picked one horse a meeting and it regularly won , that would make the shark a tipster , and people would take notice . 

The trackside presenters have got the same criticism for the same reasons , they don't appear to care because they are still doing it , so no harm done .

You are welcome to follow my progress in the comp and compare me against the sharks selections in those chosen races , we both might get a surprise and i win . Not holding my breath .

If i do then i might start a tipping line , you would then be welcome to pay for my tips .

The Shark is clearly the brainwave of some TAB moron with precious little understanding of what punters require. Mind you that would appear a prerequisite for many there.

Punters need informed and intelligent information. What does NZ TAB give them? The Shark.

But aren't they clever? Turnovers are up. And they really are that deluded, and self congratulatory to miss real reason for increased turnovers, and failing to embrace and solidify the new level of interest.