RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

A quick Poll on buffering on NZTR Site

I have written to NZTR on the buffering issue. Had one of the technical guys tell me there wasn't a problem. If you read this, and can be bothered, can you please let me know where you are in NZ and whether you are having problems with buffering looking at the NZTR site race replays?

Just wanting to get some data back to NZTR

On 10/17/2020 at 3:25 PM, Berri said:

I have written to NZTR on the buffering issue. Had one of the technical guys tell me there wasn't a problem. If you read this, and can be bothered, can you please let me know where you are in NZ and whether you are having problems with buffering looking at the NZTR site race replays?

Just wanting to get some data back to NZTR

Have you tried swapping between Chrome, Edge, Firefox?

How much ram do you have?

Have you deleted all you cookies & tried again?

I regularly have trouble with them and thinking about it I would usually be looking in the afternoons. Cambridge rural broadband (lightwire) so maybe that doesn't help but in saying that everything else seems to work fine.

I did try a few recently in the morning which worked fine, but they were also from the day prior(rather than stewards footage which apparently comes later).  Normally I am watching older replays. 

12 hours ago, barryb said:

Have you tried swapping between Chrome, Edge, Firefox?

How much ram do you have?

Have you deleted all you cookies & tried again?

I have looked at all of the above. The issue with me is that racing.com, attheraces and racingtv (both UK sites) don't have these issues when I try and watch them but NZTR does. I don't know how you guys watch the races but I have my laptop out, I connect to all the sites I need info from and then start to try and frank form by looking at a heap of videos of previous racing. If you have the sort of buffering I endure with NZTR, then there is no chance of doing this, I get frustrated and stop having a bet. If the other sites are not an issue, then why is the NZTR site?

It's got to be either the database, an encryption or a compression issue.

11 hours ago, Berri said:

I have looked at all of the above. The issue with me is that racing.com, attheraces and racingtv (both UK sites) don't have these issues when I try and watch them but NZTR does. I don't know how you guys watch the races but I have my laptop out, I connect to all the sites I need info from and then start to try and frank form by looking at a heap of videos of previous racing. If you have the sort of buffering I endure with NZTR, then there is no chance of doing this, I get frustrated and stop having a bet. If the other sites are not an issue, then why is the NZTR site?

It's got to be either the database, an encryption or a compression issue.

Agree! And if those of us that follow racing give up on it at times it's hardly encouraging new people is it. 

Certainly a slow loading website it's no Youtube that's for sure!
I use Firefox and I'm on 900 Fibre Max!....so works better for me than most but understand the buffering issue when using elsewhere and different devices
Of Note: The fastest web browser on the market is one called BRAVE.

https://brave.com/

Using Safari browser on an IPad.

Videos won’t load. Says loading (top left of a black window pop up) but fails to climax and play.

At other times performance has been mixed, but rarely plays a video without buffering.

2.30pm Sat - Auckland