RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Disillusioned

Shameful

Happy to reply, poundforpound.

These scions of the racing industry were (and are) perfectly at liberty to make donations in any form they wish provided they abide by 'the rules'.

Donating to the 'Foundation', set up outside 'the rules' and seemingly organised as a slush fund to help Winston out - $5,000 for a day at the Wellington Races, eg - makes them complicit in some very dubious activities.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Why would you expect his financial supporters to publicly respond ?

I’m definitely not a WP or NZF fan but I respect the rights of others to support whomever they wish, on whatever terms they wish, if they’re using their own money.  
I personally have supported two parties this election, with a considerable amount of money, but that’s my right, and no one else’s business, isn’t it ?

If you disagree please explain exactly why 

It is others business if it's over the threshold as it needs to be declared . But yes it's a person's right to support who they choose as long as the laws requirements re political  donations is complied with .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

It is others business if it's over the threshold as it needs to be declared . But yes it's a person's right to support who they choose as long as the laws requirements re political  donations is complied with .

Large donations are usually given to buy influence. I have no problem with the "influence" if it  dosen't hurt anyone. In contrast USA donors in the US elections are causing considerable harm e.g. Sheldon Adelson donating $100M to Trump for the sake of Israel's obsession with Iran therefore inflicting with sanctions considerable harm onto Iranian civilians.