RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Harness racing stakes.

3 out of 4 meetings this weekend paying modest stakes,seems the rot is setting in,8000 seems a run of the mill figure nowdays,yet Tuepeka next week is 10,why the difference,seems a bit odd sometimes too that non winners sometimes racing for more than past winners,lots of issues facing harness moving forward.

2 hours ago, Keepingthemhonest said:

I agree with a maiden win being weighted stakes wise, offsets, admittedly in a small way, the costs of getting that 1st win.

Well in Southland some of the non winners races are slightly more,they use to or still give a bonus for their first win,they are having a big meeting later this month at Ascot Park,Diamonds Day 

A quick comparison of tomorrows Addington meeting with the equivalent meeting last year seems to show what I  suspected.  The stakes at Addington seem to have actually increased.

The intermediate grade are racing for $12.5kg and $15kg which is more than last year.

Although some of the group races  have had a stake reduction it is not as much as seems once you take the elimination of acceptance fees into account.

In fact the Maurice Holmes Vase was raced for $28.5k this year as opposed to $30k last year, but taking acceptance fees into account the net stake has actually increased by a small amount.

21 hours ago, eljay said:

I suppose all the money Winnie gave them has been used up in wage increases & free lunches!

Have you been living under a rock.Wage bill has decreased following restructuring as fat cats are gone.

Freda the tea lady also gone as no free  feeds these days.

Keep up.Lloyd😁😁😁

On 10/16/2020 at 4:59 PM, eljay said:

My sincere apologies JJ Flash

Because your usually a good bloke your apology is accepted

Bibi Winnie, your days of blackmailing under MMP are over as are your frivolous legal cases which taxpayers have to foot the bill for.

Greg