RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Wow...just saw this

So if you were putting together a brief for positions on the NZTR Board, what do you this the prerequisite  characteristics that a person would need to have? Remember this is for NZ Thoroughbred Racing...

Well this is it...image.png.d46e4a8a54f16b88955d71814d8a58e7.png

So the top are must have, the lower nice to have. What's wrong with this picture?

21 minutes ago, Berri said:

So if you were putting together a brief for positions on the NZTR Board, what do you this the prerequisite  characteristics that a person would need to have? Remember this is for NZ Thoroughbred Racing...

So the top are must have, the lower nice to have. What's wrong with this picture?

The roles should be reversed

1 hour ago, Berri said:

These should all go hand in hand , it will just be a continuation of the lacklustre leadership that has become ingrained within this industry . This will probably have been knocked up by an employment agency in a windowless room .

Yes I would have thought it would be critical that the applicant has a) and b) (racing) from the "desirable" list. I think the Tab is an example of what happens when you get too many city slicker sports enthusiasts who know nothing about racing. They just don't get it. Certainly don't need that at Nztr. 

Imho, I think this is a typical “Employment Agency” type Advert. The big problem with it is that it narrows the field and deters “all-comers”. A bit like Leo advertising for a Chef and saying, “Must have min of 3 Michelin Stars and be able to cook smoked Toheroa fritters”. 

I would have thought the first “Desirable” skill would have to be, “ To be an excellent Communicator and have the ability to engage confidently at a Govt level in order to articulate the difficulties the Industry faces in a competitive Wagering environment. To support this skill, the Applicant would be familiar with the modern day wagering environment, be able to articulate a Vision that would enable the Industry to maximise and annually grow its Revenue gatherings from that environment.”                         Given that “Revenue” is the lifeblood of any Industry but especially the Racing Industry, I would have thought that this area would be its main priority?  Yet all I can see is a one line mention, “ Experience in Wagering”. I take that to mean, “Must like a punt on JULY midweeks at Cromwell”. 

Indepth knowledge of the industry would be a must Trumpy in order to make change to deliver financial results,

Agree with your comments as that is fundamental, its the basic skill sets that are dumbed down that concerns me

My personal view is sell today to an overseas corporate or another bailout will be needed soon

They will never survive maintaining a Monopoly. NZ does not have enough punters to sustain any growth in the Industry. I live in Australia and used to be able to use my NZTAB account for a bet - if I thought the odds were better. That’s not possible now (and we all know why) and even if it was, the NZTAB doesn’t attract me with its meager offerings. Eventually, all the State TABs in Aust will be under one roof, the publicly Listed TABCORP. It pays a return to its shareholders (including me) and pays a return to the Industry. Of course, I can also be attracted to Ladbrokes due to better offerings. My kids all bet with either Betfair, Sportingbet or Ladbrokes and have accounts with all of them. They never bet with cash and we liase every Sat re the Best Bets and odds on offer. Betting is and will always be the lifeblood of the Racing Industry - as long as Govts keep their grubby, money grabbing fingers off the $. 

If what you say is correct  then any merger or takeover of nz bookies would be "better" if they waited for the same process to finish in oz.Bookies need losers to profit or crappy odds so the winners get less, we are getting crappier odds from all bookies either way as they all want to be "competitive",but only with each other, if they could have markets competitive with tote pricing AT ALL TIMES, not just in the last minute of betting there would be more money in punters pockets to drive turnover.If you bet exclusively with bookies you are getting less back than if you bet on the tote( the earlier you bet the worse it is for you)the percentages dont lie, so the longer the monopoly for the tab exists the better, one shark in a small pool is more than enough

3 hours ago, Trump said:

I would have thought the first “Desirable” skill would have to be, “ To be an excellent Communicator and have the ability to engage confidently at a Govt level in order to articulate the difficulties the Industry faces in a competitive Wagering environment. To support this skill, the Applicant would be familiar with the modern day wagering environment, be able to articulate a Vision that would enable the Industry to maximise and annually grow its Revenue gatherings from that environment.”                         Given that “Revenue” is the lifeblood of any Industry but especially the Racing Industry, I would have thought that this area would be its main priority?  Yet all I can see is a one line mention, “ Experience in Wagering”. I take that to mean, “Must like a punt on JULY midweeks at Cromwell”. 

You should know that never happens Trumpy.....full sentences that make sense....?? Bullet points only please......🙄

Basically the Members Council that appoints the director has been a toothless watch dog once directors have been embedded..

The above Spec' is an effort to get some teeth in the appointments and keep a strong overview of performance. That is my understanding.