RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Michael Walker

47 minutes ago, Gruff said:

It just had a 2018 feel to it Scoob, hey its just an opinion and egg on the face where its warranted  😐 

What has the 2018 Caul Cup got to do with it? Did you mean 2019? If you did, there’s one big difference between Vow and Declare and Anthony Van Dyck. It’s called “kilos”. 

40 minutes ago, Trump said:

What has the 2018 Caul Cup got to do with it? Did you mean 2019? If you did, there’s one big difference between Vow and Declare and Anthony Van Dyck. It’s called “kilos”. 

2019 was a good lead into Melbourne Trumpy you should know that,im talking Visually, other factors obviously need to be factored in... the 2006 Cup threw out the most obvious Melbourne winning horse of alltime

I think the Caul Cup is a good guide to the Melb Cup but not the ultimate. Not in this day and age. For instance, there’s about 5 or 6 European horses racing in tomorrow’s Geelong Cup that could throw up the MC winner. A horse like San Huberto the top weight in the Geelong Cup drops to just 53.5 in the MC. The weights are a huge factor. Also , Surprise Baby, the best finisher and unlucky last year, has only got 54.5 in the MC and has been targeted at this race for 12 months! Last year Vow and Declare flew home in the CC and only had 52kg to carry in the MC. Plus his emphatic win in Qld mid-year caused Glen Boss to label him the perfect MC horse. This year, there wasn’t a light weight flying home in the CC. Prince of Aron finished the fastest last 200m and was strong to the line. To me, you might be right this year. One of the higher weighted horses may win the MC, so the CC F4 have to be considered. Unless there’s an outstanding winner of the Geelong Cup! As usual, the intrigue around the MC will continue! 

25 minutes ago, Trump said:

I think the Caul Cup is a good guide to the Melb Cup but not the ultimate. Not in this day and age. For instance, there’s about 5 or 6 European horses racing in tomorrow’s Geelong Cup that could throw up the MC winner. A horse like San Huberto the top weight in the Geelong Cup drops to just 53.5 in the MC. The weights are a huge factor. Also , Surprise Baby, the best finisher and unlucky last year, has only got 54.5 in the MC and has been targeted at this race for 12 months! Last year Vow and Declare flew home in the CC and only had 52kg to carry in the MC. Plus his emphatic win in Qld mid-year caused Glen Boss to label him the perfect MC horse. This year, there wasn’t a light weight flying home in the CC. Prince of Aron finished the fastest last 200m and was strong to the line. To me, you might be right this year. One of the higher weighted horses may win the MC, so the CC F4 have to be considered. Unless there’s an outstanding winner of the Geelong Cup! As usual, the intrigue around the MC will continue! 

AVD , trip ?, what do you think Trump  , damside full of sprinters , Bounding and Kuroshio probably the best , relation Transactic ran in first yesterday at Mornington , AVD number 21 in ratings for Galileo produce from what I can see , of those above only Order of St George looked a true stayer I may have missed one only quick scroll through . Hard run extra 800 might be tough , he was strong through line Saturday though. Will have to have a look later how Galileo's have performed in Cup . 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

AVD , trip ?, what do you think Trump  , damside full of sprinters , Bounding and Kuroshio probably the best , relation Transactic ran in first yesterday at Mornington , AVD number 21 in ratings for Galileo produce from what I can see , of those above only Order of St George looked a true stayer I may have missed one only quick scroll through . Hard run extra 800 might be tough , he was strong through line Saturday though. Will have to have a look later how Galileo's have performed in Cup . 

AVD’s run in the CC confirmed his class. However, the Melb Cup is a different proposition, the big factor being the weight. Can he give Surprise Baby about 4kg? I think the Geelong Cup is going to reveal a lot. There’s some really good stayers in it trained by very astute Trainers. What’s more, they drop in weight for the MC. I think something out of the Geelong Cup is going to play a big part in MC calculations. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

AVD’s run in the CC confirmed his class. However, the Melb Cup is a different proposition, the big factor being the weight. Can he give Surprise Baby about 4kg? I think the Geelong Cup is going to reveal a lot. There’s some really good stayers in it trained by very astute Trainers. What’s more, they drop in weight for the MC. I think something out of the Geelong Cup is going to play a big part in MC calculations. 

You might be right. Interested to see how Skyward goes. Only a couple of lengths behind AVD and Stradivarius last start at equal weights and will meet the former about 5kg better in the MC...if he can get there by winning Wednesday.....

Are you kidding me? Walker is terrible... None of the top trainers are using him anymore does that tell you anything?  

If he doesn't get them out of the gates fast enough he will sit three or four wide not thinking about how much extra ground the horse will have to cover and when he gets to the straight he riding it furiously to try and get it to respond and ends up running out of steam at around the 200. Take it back and run on. 

He's OK at Sale and Benalla but not at Caulfield if he wins a big race it will be for a top trainer who won the race and not him

3 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

He's OK at Sale and Benalla but not at Caulfield if he wins a big race it will be for a top trainer who won the race and not him

Good....I might just punt Imelda Mary in the Sale Cup on Sunday with Michael up ! :wub:

4 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

Are you kidding me? Walker is terrible... None of the top trainers are using him anymore does that tell you anything?  

If he doesn't get them out of the gates fast enough he will sit three or four wide not thinking about how much extra ground the horse will have to cover and when he gets to the straight he riding it furiously to try and get it to respond and ends up running out of steam at around the 200. Take it back and run on. 

You’re either a bit harsh in your comments or ignorant but certainly a bit unfair. To say that “ he’s terrible” is certainly unfair. The reason he wins quite a number of big races is not only his undoubted ability as a rider but more importantly, being put on the right horse. If he’s on a horse that’s good enough he has a great strike rate. Over the last 3 or 4 years he’s had some big wins when given the right horse. Two Australian Cups, Caul Guineas, One Thousand Guineas,  Blue Diamond, etc. He doesn’t seem to align himself to one Stable as his main source. Unlike for example, Bowman and JMAC who are in the Waller camp mainly, Michael should have camped himself in a big stable and stayed loyal to it as his No 1 source of rides. Either Hayes, Mick Price etc. a bit like Luke Currie who rides for anyone but is first call for Tony McEvoy, or, Luke Nolan/Peter Moody, Baylee Nothdorp/Tony Gollan etc etc. I think that’s Michael’s biggest drawback - for whatever reason. 

Well  just rode Irish Flame a treat , and i didn't have a bet . C Williams just sat back too long on a nothing speed , does that make him worse as terrible .

Mick Price uses him all the time , i know who's opinion i respect .

Won too many big races over there to be saying he's terrible , don't know what that would make some of the rest .

37 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Easy overs tonite race 1

Superb ride

I’m sure Zak watched the first at the Valley tonite. No doubt tucking into his dessert - a decent chunk of humble pie! Michael had only two rides tonite - the other was $150/1. So a 50% success rate for the night. Will be the best strike rate for the night I’d guess. Have another serve of HP Zac :) 

How good was Michael’s ride tonite at The Valley! One ride for the night - in the last for Waller. Absolute “peach” of a ride. Hopefully Waller wakes up to himself and gives MJW a few more better opportunities! If the horse is good enough - he’ll bring it home. 

2 minutes ago, Breeder said:

What happened to the stable jockey job Michael got with Aquis (or one of the other Chinese owned operations)  ?? It did seem to really get off the ground or go for very long.

I think he was regarded as “unlucky”. It’s a Chinese thing. There’s something going on. He’s got only the MC ride on Sir OG’s horse (no chance imho) or maybe one other outsider. Needs a new Manager.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I think he was regarded as “unlucky”. It’s a Chinese thing. There’s something going on. He’s got only the MC ride on Sir OG’s horse (no chance imho) or maybe one other outsider. Needs a new Manager.

He got off Prince Of Arran, a big chance in the race, to ride it.

48 minutes ago, Trump said:

Well, well, it had to happen eh? Walker reject, the in form Prince of Aran draws No 1 barrier! The new Walker ride, Dashing Willourby draws 19 !! He can’t take a trick. 

I see he’s on Prussian Dream today....real enigma that horse...either wins or nowhere near.....🙄

On 10/23/2020 at 6:13 PM, Trump said:

You’re either a bit harsh in your comments or ignorant but certainly a bit unfair. To say that “ he’s terrible” is certainly unfair. The reason he wins quite a number of big races is not only his undoubted ability as a rider but more importantly, being put on the right horse. If he’s on a horse that’s good enough he has a great strike rate. Over the last 3 or 4 years he’s had some big wins when given the right horse. Two Australian Cups, Caul Guineas, One Thousand Guineas,  Blue Diamond, etc. He doesn’t seem to align himself to one Stable as his main source. Unlike for example, Bowman and JMAC who are in the Waller camp mainly, Michael should have camped himself in a big stable and stayed loyal to it as his No 1 source of rides. Either Hayes, Mick Price etc. a bit like Luke Currie who rides for anyone but is first call for Tony McEvoy, or, Luke Nolan/Peter Moody, Baylee Nothdorp/Tony Gollan etc etc. I think that’s Michael’s biggest drawback - for whatever reason. 

doesn't align himself with big  stables ,    ask yourself why,  has nothing to do with manager and he only picks up the rides other jockeys  cant fulfill in big races   mick  owners choose to have him   on ,  i know for a fact   you ask al the big stables  why they don't have him on they tell you ( this is coming from  a guy with multiple   horses in 3 big melb stables