RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Is this a record?

11 races at Timaru today, 11 capacity fields. When would be the last time a NZ race meeting had 10 capacity fields, let alone 11. Contrast this with Woodville yesterday: 8 races in total, 3 capacity fields, and because of that they quickly schedule an extra meeting next week at Otaki.

I just don't see that the major problems in the SI are caused by Timaru, and yet that is what the all weather track proponents would have us believe. The theory is that by closing down all racing in Canterbury and North Otago for six months and racing solely at Riccarton with the same total number of licences as currently that will be the saving of SI racing.

And despite what some people believe, there is no intention to issue additional licences and there is no intention to retain "some" other meetings in Canterbury and North Otago from May to October.

It must be incredibly frustrating for some trainers who are having horses balloted and eliminated week after week. I am amazed some of them haven't complained. How do they justify the lack of opportunities to their owners while continuing to charge them training fees. Do they ask their CD counterparts how they managed to wrangle an extra meeting next week?

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

I stated on the other site yeasty about the farmer from North Otago saying they had had about 250mm this year,which for that area is not uncommon suggesting that winter racing is probably a better option than not being,just a thought 

That was rain I was talking,I ain't studied fields much for today but normally anytime Kelvin Tyler goes north something seems to pop up