RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Question for those who know about yearling types.

I have been looking through the Tattersall's yearling sales results and came across this cheap Frankel filly ( 50,000 guineas). Bought by Sam Sangster B/Sk  ( I think he is Robert Sangster's grandson)

https://www.tattersalls.com/sales/october-yearling-sale-book-1/4DCGI/Sale/OC1 20/Main

I would be interested in comments by those who are experienced or good at judging a yearling on type as to why she sold so cheaply --well below service fee. She was quite a late foal but given her pedigree she is likely to go over distance so you would not expect her to be up and going as a 2yr old.

I appreciate that looking at a photo or video does not compare to looking at a horse in the flesh, but they should give some idea.

So how about this...

Frankels are funny horses. Quite difficult to train on many occasions. There is a specific type that seems to work. Out of 11 put up for sale that day, 6 found homes. Remember he stood for 175,000 for these yearlings. Your yealing's pedigree is just OK for a Frankel. He's got a seriously straight hind leg and from the front, hiss off side knee looks quite offset. His hocks screw as he walks which is a sign of immaturity. You wouldn't know how big he was from the photo.

Sam is Ben's son. Ben is Robert's son.

This is the right Frankle type

image.thumb.png.591a070ccfa1d411469c1b25856a3414.png