RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Grizzly Bear

Sad day

Was the person who told you this expressing an opinion or a fact?

It is hard to believe that they would just tamper with distance racing at Wanganui.

It is also hard to fathom the rationale behind such a move.

My bet is it wil not happen

I heard about it a month ago. The Board were looking to down grade certain distance races, the race mentioned to me was the Nancy Cobain for starters. Having other things on my mind, it slipped from my focus, anyway I was of the opinion at the time, nobody could be that stupid, but then again, we are not dealing with rational people.

It seems to me that YOU are the only one on here looking for big up's and recognition Gary ..... Tell me when did the grizzle ever state that he was a big player not only in Staying races but any distance races ? Never, is the answer, you are a narrow minded little bigot out to stir **** with all on this site, you cant answer a question, only ask them and 98% are meaningless .... crawl back in your hole and give it a break and let all those that train dogs get on with it .... Please let us know how much success you have had in the training ranks ... and like your side kick Tranny ... put up or shut up ......
casty he we go again out to attack me why would i take any notice of you your nothing but a confirmed liar

He's/SHE'S nothin but a "GUTLESS BROKE BENNY BiPola Git"- we got to put things in the right perspective Casty lol.
lindasy old broke am i gee thats new to me but hey your the one that knows everything

casty he we go again out to attack me why would i take any notice of you your nothing but a confirmed liar

You have it all wrong Gary I am not out to attack anybody, it seems that you are the attacker where you state to Grizzly " APPARENTLY he seems to think that he is the highest and only authority in New Zealand on stayers , I ask you where and when did he ever state that he was ?

I think it is a misuse of words in your case Gary using the word Apparently implies that Grizzly has said that he is, and that is not the case, might I suggest before writing on any given subject that you use the right vocabulary, You see, t people that actually do read your drivel might get the wrong message about one of our leading trainers.

I see that you have taken a leaf out of your mate Tranny's book about the confirmed liar quote, he or you have never proved that fact ..... although I have admitted it on this site ... but you two are so squeaky clean that neither of you has ever told a lie in your lives.... Yeah Right !!!!!! Don't cast aspersions on anyone until you are in a position to take a good long look at yourself ..... Question and Answer time over !!!! Casty

You have it all wrong Gary I am not out to attack anybody, it seems that you are the attacker where you state to Grizzly " APPARENTLY he seems to think that he is the highest and only authority in New Zealand on stayers , I ask you where and when did he ever state that he was ?

I think it is a misuse of words in your case Gary using the word Apparently implies that Grizzly has said that he is, and that is not the case, might I suggest before writing on any given subject that you use the right vocabulary, You see, t people that actually do read your drivel might get the wrong message about one of our leading trainers.

I see that you have taken a leaf out of your mate Tranny's book about the confirmed liar quote, he or you have never proved that fact ..... although I have admitted it on this site ... but you two are so squeaky clean that neither of you has ever told a lie in your lives.... Yeah Right !!!!!! Don't cast aspersions on anyone until you are in a position to take a good long look at yourself ..... Question and Answer time over !!!! Casty

as well as a mc donalds clown your now a school teacher given lessons, and the fact was proven that your are a liar now go and have a lttle nap

as well as a mc donalds clown your now a school teacher given lessons, and the fact was proven that your are a liar now go and have a lttle nap
Get off your horse..... and drink your milk ......

I for one would be very surprised if distance racing got canned at Whanganui - or anywhere in NZ. As a rule, cutting off your nose to spite your face is never a sensible option

Could be a great joke anyway has got alot of people on edge.Why wanganui anyway after all they have been holding alot of staying races what about southland who have had what 3 races this season or otago 3 or 4 or chch how many have they had the same can be said about auk the only staying races they have over 700m is the nzrs and the S.C.

Well done grizz, you got folks talking about it.Hopefully the NZGRA will take note that most members want distance racing,just not the ones on their board.lol.

no time to play with you as i'm off to the labor day march something you would'nt know about and understand

Hope you enjoyed your march Gary, but just to point out how wrong you are with your assumptions of me,because you state that I know nothing about or understand, Please read below :

Labour Day is an annual holiday to celebrate the economic and social achievements of workers, it was started by the Labour union and represents an eight hour movement which consist of

Eight hours of work... Eight hours of recreation and Eight hours of rest .

As I ask you once before, before you start making assumptions about my knowledge or my personal being, get your facts right .... and oh ! yes I have been on many many Labour day marches over the years so I now hope that this answers your inept and unfounded comments ... you my friend are going to end up with no toes on the end of your feet if you keep shooting yourself in the foot .... Regards Casty

Relax folks, it looks like the only distance race under threat is the Nancy Cobain 766 mtrs held at Palmy. The reasoning behind the move is the fact it only drew 6 noms last yr.

Personally I have problems with this possible down grading of the Nancy Cobain, in fact I have problems whenever a distance race is diluted or dumbed down. I feel its to soon to be dropping a race such as this because it only drew 6 noms. One must remember, distance dogs have been under threat now for many yrs.

A number of reasons can be attributed to the decline in distance dogs, one of the main being the financial incentitives being stacked in favour of sprinters. Lately there seems to be a resurgence of stayers being bred, and Clubs putting more on, this is good. Now is not the time to be denigrating 700+ races especially using only 6 noms as the justification. Last yr the Greyhound industry was at an all time low for stayer numbers, it wasn't surprising only 6 noms fronted for the Nancy Cobain. But this season see's more distance dogs fronting up, and many positive signs on the breeding front.

Stop being 5 minute decision makers NZGRA, think in yrs, think 5 yrs, stick with the distance races, support them, encourage them, they are the races that will grow the sport.

Hope you enjoyed your march Gary, but just to point out how wrong you are with your assumptions of me,because you state that I know nothing about or understand, Please read below :

Labour Day is an annual holiday to celebrate the economic and social achievements of workers, it was started by the Labour union and represents an eight hour movement which consist of

Eight hours of work... Eight hours of recreation and Eight hours of rest .

As I ask you once before, before you start making assumptions about my knowledge or my personal being, get your facts right .... and oh ! yes I have been on many many Labour day marches over the years so I now hope that this answers your inept and unfounded comments ... you my friend are going to end up with no toes on the end of your feet if you keep shooting yourself in the foot .... Regards Casty

see you have been searching the web looking for answers well done

see you have been searching the web looking for answers well done
Hat's off for Gary ... that is the first time he has been right at anything he has posted on this site ... go to the top of the class Gazzer, but don't let it go to your head ... it's far too big already ... Casty

Hat's off for Gary ... that is the first time he has been right at anything he has posted on this site ... go to the top of the class Gazzer, but don't let it go to your head ... it's far too big already ... Casty

isee you tried getting away with a lie again now run off get your self a poster made up saying save our distance races and start pounding the streets

Relax folks, it looks like the only distance race under threat is the Nancy Cobain 766 mtrs held at Palmy. The reasoning behind the move is the fact it only drew 6 noms last yr.

Personally I have problems with this possible down grading of the Nancy Cobain, in fact I have problems whenever a distance race is diluted or dumbed down. I feel its to soon to be dropping a race such as this because it only drew 6 noms. One must remember, distance dogs have been under threat now for many yrs.

A number of reasons can be attributed to the decline in distance dogs, one of the main being the financial incentitives being stacked in favour of sprinters. Lately there seems to be a resurgence of stayers being bred, and Clubs putting more on, this is good. Now is not the time to be denigrating 700+ races especially using only 6 noms as the justification. Last yr the Greyhound industry was at an all time low for stayer numbers, it wasn't surprising only 6 noms fronted for the Nancy Cobain. But this season see's more distance dogs fronting up, and many positive signs on the breeding front.

Stop being 5 minute decision makers NZGRA, think in yrs, think 5 yrs, stick with the distance races, support them, encourage them, they are the races that will grow the sport.

Yes John, thanks to your southern rep for clarrifying it, but he did not know whether the CD rep had spoken to the club about dropping the group 2, but what he did say if it came to a decison at board level to get passed he would oppose it.

Two committee members made it clear that they had been told, but by who if the rest of the board dont know about it?

In my opinion this thread served its purpose as we actually got an answer for the first time ever and wanganui can feel secure their group races will stay.

Just a point, they are looking at reinstating a middle distance feature to group 1 level instead of the nancy cobain. Why not swap one of wanganui's group 2's and replace it wih the nancy cobain at wanganui instead of losing a group 1 distance and an important one for most LP's (the name I mean). Once again, thank you to the southern rep for supplying what he knew

isee you tried getting away with a lie again now run off get your self a poster made up saying save our distance races and start pounding the streets

Where did i try to lie dickhead ? I fessed up to reading the conscript on the net , excuse me but i thought that is what the net is all about, this does not mean at all that I was lying about marching for the cause on labour days .... as I said, get facts right Mr Doughnut you just churn out the same old crap .... and maybe before you churn out anymore you might answer my earlier question ..... which was "to what heights in the training ranks have you achieved" I ask this as you certainly seem to gob off about knowing a lot about everything and also decrying other trainers and dogs on the way through .... And by the way if you really do believe that distance races in this country will end ... you are a bigger fool than you first appear ... Casty

Where did i try to lie dickhead ? I fessed up to reading the conscript on the net , excuse me but i thought that is what the net is all about, this does not mean at all that I was lying about marching for the cause on labour days .... as I said, get facts right Mr Doughnut you just churn out the same old crap .... and maybe before you churn out anymore you might answer my earlier question ..... which was "to what heights in the training ranks have you achieved" I ask this as you certainly seem to gob off about knowing a lot about everything and also decrying other trainers and dogs on the way through .... And by the way if you really do believe that distance races in this country will end ... you are a bigger fool than you first appear ... Casty

firstly i dont why i keep replying to empty headed fool where have as you say decried anyone dogs etc and where did i state they would end i await your reply

But how about you and Casty swap emails and you can fair go to it without the rest of us having to be witnesses.

All it would take to end this kids stuff is you, Casty, Wassa and Lyndsay to refuse to answer any comments you found offensive. The rest of us will understand.

But how about you and Casty swap emails and you can fair go to it without the rest of us having to be witnesses.

All it would take to end this kids stuff is you, Casty, Wassa and Lyndsay to refuse to answer any comments you found offensive. The rest of us will understand.

Thanks Mike and you are right of course but none of us like to be made idiots of and be put down by a Tranny masquerading as a Gary, like a fresh caught fish, it is hard to let go when you have been baited.

Especially when you have fire in your belly.

However point taken and providing he does not get on my case for everything I write on the site, I will endeavor to see the light .... thanks for your wisdom and of course your comments make sense ..

Kind regards Casty.

You are obviously passionate about the sport.

Thanks Mike,

Yes mate the only other passion in my life is the wife !!! I have been in the game for 50 years albeit many of those in the UK as only been in Kiwi for 6 years this week, and as it is a vastly different system over here the passion continues unfortunately for me I cannot really voice an opinion about the where with all's of the industry over here as am a novice in the game. I went to my first dog race back in 1959 at Wimbledon in London hadn't a clue of even how to lay a bet and my mate told me to pick two numbers and do a reversed forecast (quinella) for two bob ... I backed 2/3 and low and behold up it came and I won the handsome sum of 2 pound 10 shillings (a weeks wages on the boats in those days ..... the rest is history as not only did I think it was easy, I got hooked well and truly watching poetry in motion racing around the track.

Still managing to find winners infact had a lump on your bloke at Manukau on Sunday ... Thanks for that.

Have owned many decent, not so decent and out and out pigs in my time but the passion never dies.

Regards Casty

Rumour has it that McArther is trying to butter up Wellington,take it of Wanganui and give Wellington their G1 back.Remember there are only 3 clubs that can vote in the CD he only needs 2 and rumour has it that he is out of sorts with Wanganui.Remember this is only rumour but it does explain a few things that are happening.
Contrary to the rumours the Wellington Greyhound Racing Club wrote to the Board (not the Chairman John McArthur), before Xmas asking them to re-instate the Wgtn Cup back to Group 1 . We recently received formal notification that this was successful and had nothing to do with voting for the C.D. Rep. Joan Bates