RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blossom Lady

Avondale

7 hours ago, mikenz said:

Once I commented that for some strange reason the galloping guys seem to scratch a lot of the time and got one or two comments that slagged me off,but the harness guys just turn up if you get a bad draw or whatever,its just part of it,it seems the gallops trainers in the south just race despite the conditions,maybe that's because they dont race as much,so just get on with it.

If I remember rightly in Harness if you scratch you cant race for 2 weeks. That is how it use to be nit sure it is the same now. Someone might know

1 hour ago, army said:

If I remember rightly in Harness if you scratch you cant race for 2 weeks. That is how it use to be nit sure it is the same now. Someone might know

Theoretically Army. No penalty if you have a vet cert. Notwithstanding, why are galloping people complaining about the industry when they aren't prepared to line up? And are we going to see a heap of scratchings at Ellerslie next week because the ground is too good for hurdlers and 'chasers?

Theoretically Army. No penalty if you have a vet cert. Notwithstanding, why are galloping people complaining about the industry when they aren't prepared to line up? And are we going to see a heap of scratchings at Ellerslie next week because the ground is too good for hurdlers and 'chasers?

Who wants to line up on a good 2 in October and jar there horses up??

Have you not owned a horse before?

2 hours ago, army said:

They are not allowed to because of low water levels in Auckland. Elleslie is the same they cant water tracks

are the onion and potato growers allowed to water their land?

Surely irrigatio of a racetrack when necessary should be OK ...sue the Council for unfair restraint of trade!

54 minutes ago, winx21 said:

Who wants to line up on a good 2 in October and jar there horses up??

Have you not owned a horse before?

Raced horses even before the days of irrigation Winx and when summer tracks were rated hard and fast and there were certainly no more broken down horses then than there are now.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Ok no penalty if you have vet cert but what say you just scratch or does everyone do deals with vets to get a cert

Main problem is Course Managers/Caretakers are not allowed to do their jobs properly due to the suits in ties telling them how to do their job.

Track good 2.....rain forecast....and they are not allowed to apply water in something like 48 hours prior to race day.

2 minutes ago, napier said:

Main problem is Course Managers/Caretakers are not allowed to do their jobs properly due to the suits in ties telling them how to do their job.

Track good 2.....rain forecast....and they are not allowed to apply water in something like 48 hours prior to race day.

I have a weather app on my phone and it's just about right on the nail most times,so not being prepared properly is just bad management really.

10 hours ago, Blossom Lady said:

They should have watered the track yesterday and it would never have got to a Good 2 , absolute disgrace !!

Close the arsehole down and line the left leaning officials up against a wall and shoot them with a ball of their own shit  !

The place is a dump.........

Wanker

Simple fact was they should just waited 30 min, because 5 mins after the light shower, the sun was out and the remainder of the day was clear.  Fkn poncy jocks like owen and dick head williamson and the day is over  ...  

Does no one remember when the jockeys did this continually in the old days (90s) ...  fkn pussies.  

I don't care if you have rush back to Mata to score or go to a party, you little people are EMPLOYED to ride horses ALL day.  

I can't agree with Archer's sentiments. In most sports, if the conditions are deemed unsafe, they will get postponed or cancelled.

That's not including the extreme dangers of riding a horse. What happens if they head back out on the track and a horse slips? They knew the danger was there, but they did it anyway.

Life is not worth risking because of your attitude. The problem is the Good 2 track, not the jockeys wanting to abandon the meeting - their hand was already dealt.

14 hours ago, Blue said:

Apparently Ellerslie have their own pond/spring so watering there is never a problem ?

On 10/7/2020 at 9:53 AM, tasman man 11 said:

Kinda obvious that level of scratchings due to wide barrier draws.

Several 1200m races and connections just not prepared to start at wider than about barrier 9.

Avondale usually serves up a nice surface , but there has been serious water restrictions in city recently.

And not much spring rain.

If you look at the scratchings for woodville I notice all wide barrier draw,I just wonder though if once they are scratched they are given a barrier draw outside the limit of 14 15 or whatever.

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

I can't agree with Archer's sentiments. In most sports, if the conditions are deemed unsafe, they will get postponed or cancelled.

That's not including the extreme dangers of riding a horse. What happens if they head back out on the track and a horse slips? They knew the danger was there, but they did it anyway.

Life is not worth risking because of your attitude. The problem is the Good 2 track, not the jockeys wanting to abandon the meeting - their hand was already dealt.

Indeed, but what I was alluding too, was the fact that 5 mins of light rain would hardly do anything to the track and if they waited 30 min the meeting could have been completed.  I know, for some watching trackside it looked ominous over the ranges, but it was f all.  

11 hours ago, Archer said:

Simple fact was they should just waited 30 min, because 5 mins after the light shower, the sun was out and the remainder of the day was clear.  Fkn poncy jocks like owen and dick head williamson and the day is over  ...  

Does no one remember when the jockeys did this continually in the old days (90s) ...  fkn pussies.  

I don't care if you have rush back to Mata to score or go to a party, you little people are EMPLOYED to ride horses ALL day.  

Largely agree. There is still such a thing, despite riding to win, as riding conservatively. Current riding style doesn't help in this situation either.

4 hours ago, Blossom Lady said:

Ellerslie irrigate whenever they want to , they have their own spring/pond ?

Who is exempt from restrictions?

• The restrictions do not apply to businesses operating in the rural townships of Waiuku, Helensville, Bombay, Murawai, Snells Algies, Wellsford and Warkworth because they have local water sources.
  • The restrictions do not apply if you are using non-potable/untreated water and are therefore not connected to the metropolitan supply network.

What are the restrictions for commercial water users?
Commercial water users cannot:

• Connect a hose or water blasting device to the metropolitan supply network unless it is for health, safety, emergency or biosecurity reasons
  • Operate a car wash unless it uses recycled water
  • Water sports fields, plants or paddocks unless they have an irrigation system that is fitted with soil moisture or rain sensors.

Raced horses even before the days of irrigation Winx and when summer tracks were rated hard and fast and there were certainly no more broken down horses then than there are now.

Must of been a long time ago....

horses these days are not bred the same and also rules regarding drug use are obviously very different.

ridiculous comparing horses donkeys years ago to the ones running around now

19 hours ago, Leggy said:

Surely Avondale have unpotable water from a bore or something and use rain or soil moisture sensors?

They use to recycle water from the public stand but with an average 6 bums in seats last 20 meetings thats translated to two dozen blades of grass and a few floaters at the 600 😆