RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ihmeyers

Passing Lane

Good morning from Florida, USA.  Have been checking out NZ harness racing and hope to begin wagering on it soon.  Quick question for the experts.

It seems as though most NZ harness tracks have a passing lane,  What ones do not?  I know Ruakaka but wasn't sure about the others.

Thanks much in advance.

Ian

We should  have a passing lane for all the slow ones to use.

Gee someone from Florida,thought they would not have heard of New Zealand.

As for passing lanes I think all the tracks have one,I think they just shift the markers for the run home,I may be wrong ,if so someone correct me,as for Ruakaka,gallops only.

As you are in USA,what betting site are you using?

And how's your supreme leader handling his covid 19?

5 minutes ago, mikenz said:

We should  have a passing lane for all the slow ones to use.

Gee someone from Florida,thought they would not have heard of New Zealand.

As for passing lanes I think all the tracks have one,I think they just shift the markers for the run home,I may be wrong ,if so someone correct me,as for Ruakaka,gallops only.

As you are in USA,what betting site are you using?

And how's your supreme leader handling his covid 19?

Im surprised he knows about Ruakaka Harness 😆 Usually around Xmas and few times a year max from memory 🤔

Not all tracks have them,but theyre not normally set up to advantage from my exposure, momentum is obviously important but hey

The Don and first lady tested positive for Coronavirus, the vast  majority of people never get Covid 19, did they? ....sounds like he feels better than when he was 54 , but hey hes good at exaggerating 😄 Legend 

Basically it was too expensive to maintain for just 2 days a year.     Was a funny track, could get very shifty without proper maintenance.     Pity, was a great venue during the holiday time but unfortunately distance and the bean counters had the last say.     Even after they started racing on the grass the same problems were evident.     I never missed a harness meeting up there - great bunch of local enthusiasts but just a memory now.

Very sad how the north has dissolved in so short a time.      Mikenz yes Taranaki will follow the beaten path to accompany Wellington, Hawkes Bay, along with Thames and Northland . also thinning out rapidly is Kuneu.      That's a big slice of the North Island the administrators have decreed the sport didn't need.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:51 AM, eljay said:

Basically it was too expensive to maintain for just 2 days a year.     Was a funny track, could get very shifty without proper maintenance.     Pity, was a great venue during the holiday time but unfortunately distance and the bean counters had the last say.     Even after they started racing on the grass the same problems were evident.     I never missed a harness meeting up there - great bunch of local enthusiasts but just a memory now.

Always a great post raceday party, last time i was up there Donna Logan beat me ol mate Paddy in a Arm wrestle 🤣 great crew, and if Critters around you normally get tipped into a few

39 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Always a great post raceday party, last time i was up there Donna Logan beat me ol mate Paddy in a Arm wrestle 🤣 great crew, and if Critters around you normally get tipped into a few

Gruff, was never a problem getting wall to wall people in early January and tried for years to get a second date to make a Tues/Fri meeting or Thursday/Sunday but as is still the case, the dates committee have no idea of seasonal or geographic benefits to horsemen, public or the industry as a whole. Rather sad.

Thanks ALL for the responses.

I am not wagering on NZ harness yet, just in the process of getting data and collecting information on all of the tracks.  This is all part of my attempt (with a few other punters I work with) to bet Australia/NZ racing.  The track info I compiled over the past few weeks.  As you would imagine, it is a very time consuming process to find this out from where I am.  As far as tracks that are no longer running, I'm sure I have a bunch on my list (see below).  I got most of this information from HRNZ.  When you have no life you can fill your time with these projects, LOL.

If someone would be so kinds as to point out which tracks no longer run it would be much appreciated.  I'm also looking for the length of the stretch and length of turns for NZ harness venues.  I was able to find that for Australia.  Thanks again for the replies.

Ian

Palm Beach County, FL, USA

Addington
Alexandra Park
Arawa Park
Ascot Park
Ascot Park (GRASS)
Ashburton
Avondale (GRASS)
Balfour
Cambridge
Cambridge (GRASS)