RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

Probabeel

What about the Bussutin/Young Team? Came to Australia to have a good old fashion go, are making a big name for themselves and yesterday are rewarded with the wins in the G1 Metropolitan in Sydney and the Rose of Kingston in Melb!! Good on them. It’s a shame Marsh and Pike (to name two) don’t follow them. 

What a great result for the Lindsays too...they have had a hell of a 12 months with so many ups and downs...great to see them get some good news and a great win...Jamie Richards is one of the best in the business and an asset to the industry...well done everyone concerned with this outstanding mare.

21 minutes ago, Trump said:

What about the Bussutin/Young Team? Came to Australia to have a good old fashion go, are making a big name for themselves and yesterday are rewarded with the wins in the G1 Metropolitan in Sydney and the Rose of Kingston in Melb!! Good on them. It’s a shame Marsh and Pike (to name two) don’t follow them. 

Only a matter of time Trumpy.

Great day for NZers all round. As well as those mentioned above we had --Verry Ellegant winning her 5th Grp 1. Chris Waller gets the trifecta in that Grp 1 race plus trains multiple other group winners on the day. James McDonald rides 3 Group winners in a row and then 2nd in the next race which was a Group 1. 

Before one starts going off on how great the Te AKau achievement was on Saturday worth mentioning that the last time a NZ trainer won the Epsom was was Margaret Bull in 1985 with Magnitude. 

On the same day she also took out the Turnbull Stakes in Melbourne with Lacka Reason. You couldn't really compare Margaret Bull to Jamie Richards. I doubt she would have had more than a dozen horses in her stable. In fact Chris Waller would be mighty proud doing that double.

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Before one starts going off on how great the Te AKau achievement was on Saturday worth mentioning that the last time a NZ trainer won the Epsom was was Margaret Bull in 1985 with Magnitude. 

On the same day she also took out the Turnbull Stakes in Melbourne with Lacka Reason. You couldn't really compare Margaret Bull to Jamie Richards. I doubt she would have had more than a dozen horses in her stable. In fact Chris Waller would be mighty proud doing that double.

Old Mr drag the feeling down comes back again..do you EVER have anything positive to post...if you did I must have missed it....😄 And not to let the facts get in the way of a good story Margaret had huge teams in those days..and thats a fact.

15 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Old Mr drag the feeling down comes back again..do you EVER have anything positive to post...if you did I must have missed it....😄 And not to let the facts get in the way of a good story Margaret had huge teams in those days..and thats a fact.

Scooby, a huge team in those days in the CD was about 35!

Margaret surely wasn't the size of the O'Sullivan empire was she?

My own trainer, Sellwood operated with 20 or less, otherwise he got grumpy!

Did Noel Eales ever get above 30? I doubt it

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

You are one in a million Scooby. Many on here would not be aware of the Margaret Bull achievement but old fuss pot like yourself is so preoccupied with own prejudices has got to run it down. Even Trevor McKee with Sunline couldn't win the Epsom so its quite an acheivement. Except yourself that has to knock it. 

Guess some people never change.

I never knew that fact about Margaret Bull, very interesting.

I think Jamie Richards has taken Te Akau training to a new level of success, particularly in Australia.  He does a great job, is young and can break a lot of records.

It is also true that not every trainer in NZ gets 50 new Karaka 1 horses every year.  There are many trainers in NZ that would have only seen a Savabeel at the track.

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Leave it out Scooby, she never had big teams. Showing your youthful age now.

11 hours ago, slam dunk said:

You are one in a million Scooby. Many on here would not be aware of the Margaret Bull achievement but old fuss pot like yourself is so preoccupied with own prejudices has got to run it down. Even Trevor McKee with Sunline couldn't win the Epsom so its quite an acheivement. Except yourself that has to knock it. 

Guess some people never change.

You dont thats for sure...😁

13 hours ago, Insider said:

Scooby, a huge team in those days in the CD was about 35!

Margaret surely wasn't the size of the O'Sullivan empire was she?

My own trainer, Sellwood operated with 20 or less, otherwise he got grumpy!

Did Noel Eales ever get above 30? I doubt it

She had more than 12..I know I rode for her!!!!!