RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Congrats Team Melody Belle

A group one quinella at Hastings followed by a win in the world's toughest Spring mile handicap, viz the Epsom.

If Jamie Richards can repeat  that trick on two more occasions he will be rated the greatest horse trainer in New Zealand's racing history.  Good luck, Jamie.

6 minutes ago, John Clydesdale said:

How could I forget. Silly me

But not far wrong John....they are a rare breed. Melody Belle will go down in history as one of our best! :wub:
I think Makybe Diva won 10 from memory maybe more? 🤔

I think the question of G1 wins should be “outside NZ”. Sunline won on the World stage multiple times and there is “no” comparison between the G1 wins of Sunline and Melody Belle. No comparison whatsoever. The Randwick Mile win under her big weight will never be Forgotten in my mind. She was a freak. 

11 hours ago, Trump said:

I think the question of G1 wins should be “outside NZ”. Sunline won on the World stage multiple times and there is “no” comparison between the G1 wins of Sunline and Melody Belle. No comparison whatsoever. The Randwick Mile win under her big weight will never be Forgotten in my mind. She was a freak. 

I personally think Probabeel has a much better chaince of winning a Cox Plate than Melody Belle would (both horses of dreams). 

The Aussies loved Sunline too, she packed out racecourses.

MB, Probabeel and Advantage all wound up to win Million and still got that enthusiasm and ability,  that's a seriously good training effort . None though within a furlong of Sunline achievements on world stage but not many horses are within a furlong of that legends achievements. 

14 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

But not far wrong John....they are a rare breed. Melody Belle will go down in history as one of our best! :wub:
I think Makybe Diva won 10 from memory maybe more? 🤔

Enable got 11 group 1s included in that 2x Arcs , 1 x Breeders Cup 3 x King Georges 1 x Eclipse  . Still not officially retired yet . Magical out of Aiden O'Briens yard on 7 but second 3 times in big ones to Enable . She will add to score before end season at Ascot in few weeks .

On 10/4/2020 at 9:25 AM, scooby3051 said:

She is THE best mare here in NZ thats for sure.

best we've seen in many moons, since Sunline perhaps.. Having said that, the real revelation of the Spring so far has been Callsign Mav. Overall, the quality of our wfa gallopers is a concern. I hope Avantage cuts the mustard if taken to Oz.

10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Without doubt the best mare in NZ at present...well done to all concerned and a great quinella. NZ had a bloody good day across the ditch too....well done to team Very Ellegant as well.

And The Chosen One....ran out of his skin.....thought he was home half way down.......😡

On 10/17/2020 at 8:54 PM, Ohokaman said:

And The Chosen One....ran out of his skin.....thought he was home half way down.......😡

Me too Ohokaman! 🙈😡 I had him at $61's....I got the $5's on Verry Ellegant and my Spring Sling $85 Bonusbets.
However I would have got a shitload more had The Chosen One got up and I was certainly yelling him on!
I had Prince of Aran in my Trifecta with those two...so close but so far!

5 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Me too Ohokaman! 🙈😡 I had him at $61's....I got the $5's on Verry Ellegant and my Spring Sling $85 Bonusbets.
However I would have got a shitload more had The Chosen One got up and I was certainly yelling him on!
I had Prince of Aran in my Trifecta with those two...so close but so far!

We all have racing’s hard luck stories. I had Toffee running at 50/1. I had a F4 VE, TT, AVD boxed 1,2,3 and 6 horses in 4th - incl The Chosen One , POA!