RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

National makes promises for $1.6b racing industry, including tax review

3 hours ago, drewandjo said:

Berri, while you might find the rantings of those who frequent discussion boards, such as this one, worth following I prefer to take note of official party policy. This from their Animal Welfare Policy.. 

F. Animals in Entertainment

Animals must not suffer to provide entertainment for people. The Green Party will:

1.26 Support a ban on the use of animals in rodeo events as these events rely on inflicting pain and distress to animals to get them to perform.

1.27 Require all racing codes that use animals to make publicly available the numbers of animals bred, raced, injured, euthanised and re-homed or retired from racing through birth to death reporting.

nothing too major there and I think we all would agree that official reporting of figures around rehoming, etc is preferable to those wildly inflated figures we see from some of the so-called animal welfare groups. And its an official policy, not one made up on the hustings as we are seeing from one particular party leader who you seem to think would be best person to assist racing.

and lets not let the truth hit you in the face - the original bill was the result of Winston letting loose his officials in the DIA. It was in fact the National & Green members of the select committee who pulled it into shape after the reading and hearing the submissions. The NZ First member, who lead the committee, was as useful as tits on a bull.

I don't know whether to take you seriously....maybe that's what wrong with a good portion of the Greens' manifesto....

I agree with the Rodeo stance and also the policy to be able to track and trace all of our horses. We should also include all pets just to keep things clean and balanced.

But if you really think they would politically publish the "real" thoughts in relation to horse racing then you are green behind the gills....This wasn't a comment about the usefulness or not about any member of the select committee....it was a comment about the "real position" of the Greens in respect of racing horses and greyhounds. You need to get hold of the manuscripts to regale yourself to what Green members said about the subject. Don't divert it, subject it to spin, create the illusion that it was anything else...the Greens would like to ban horse racing....they think its cruel and unnecessary.