RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

What have you done Steven?

Justifying this action on the basis it reduces revenue for the TAB is a crock.

Firstly the participants probably pay more attention to the Hastings fields (in this case) than normal when they make their picks. A significant proportion will be following their picks via the TAB and betting on them.

Secondly BGP has brought more turnover to the TAB than most other developments in recent years I would guess. I accept that doesn't justify a breach of law if there is one here. But for goodness sake let's not have anyone posting here talking about the $9k deductions foregone by the TAB

7 hours ago, Trump said:

He’s probably been kicked out of Boys Get Paid for his efforts! Why didn’t he just go to the Administrative Body of BGP and voice his concerns with them? 

Your right about going to the BGP people , in reality if it's gambling outside the law  it had to be stopped , I can imagine at some point it may have ballooned to quite serious amounts of money rather than the cost of a second hand Euro import in NZ that's when potential issues arise  but just go to the guys and guage the reaction . I've not really looked into what they were doing as don't follow them but seems more a bit of fun than large scale illegal gambling . They have a lot of followers who love racing so let's hope they come back fine .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Your right about going to the BGP people , in reality if it's gambling outside the law  it had to be stopped , I can imagine at some point it may have ballooned to quite serious amounts of money rather than the cost of a second hand Euro import in NZ that's when potential issues arise  but just go to the guys and guage the reaction . I've not really looked into what they were doing as don't follow them but seems more a bit of fun than large scale illegal gambling . They have a lot of followers who love racing so let's hope they come back fine .

It was $100 per person entry into a comp where you select a horse in each race at Hastings tomorrow. Points allocated and prize money then distributed to the three top points scorers.

If there is a technical breach so be it and they need to comply. But I've seen large sums change hands at calcuttas at various venues, raffles, betting syndicates and sporting pick comps for years and years and no-one bats an eyelid. 

To shut down the FB group with thousands of members, go public to the Press and for the DIA to do all of this without contacting the Group .... beggars belief.

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Talking about illegal competitions the Racecafe prizes of a drinking tab against the supply of Alcohol Act. Don't blame the messenger.

What are you saying? That giving food and beverage vouchers, in a competition that’s “free” to enter, is a crime or unlawful conduct? 

4 hours ago, Trump said:

What are you saying? That giving food and beverage vouchers, in a competition that’s “free” to enter, is a crime or unlawful conduct? 

Its not me "saying". Bell Gully leading NZ law firm.

If a business runs a competition where alcohol forms part of the prize, the promotion may not be advertised anywhere people could see or hear it outside of licensed premises. This will include promotions where people subscribe to a newsletter to go into the draw to win a prize, where the competition is a game of skill, and any ‘lucky dip’ competitions.

‘Seen or heard’ from outside licensed premises will include advertising that is conducted via email, print, broadcast, or social media, including Facebook

1 minute ago, mike28 said:

its a shame it has come to this snitching pathetic really.

Rubbish. It’s within the rules or it’s not. My guess is that it’s not. Otherwise, why shouldn’t I set up as a modern time bookie like I did in the old days?

On 10/2/2020 at 5:21 PM, slam dunk said:

Its not me "saying". Bell Gully leading NZ law firm.

If a business runs a competition where alcohol forms part of the prize, the promotion may not be advertised anywhere people could see or hear it outside of licensed premises. This will include promotions where people subscribe to a newsletter to go into the draw to win a prize, where the competition is a game of skill, and any ‘lucky dip’ competitions.

‘Seen or heard’ from outside licensed premises will include advertising that is conducted via email, print, broadcast, or social media, including Facebook

Then it’s a Grey area. No alcohol is offered. A voucher to redeem at HQ could be used for food only! How the f&$k could anyone assume it was a grog voucher? Your Bell Gully quote is open to interpretation and in the context of Racecafe comps, it doesn’t apply. Get real. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Then it’s a Grey area. No alcohol is offered. A voucher to redeem at HQ could be used for food only! How the f&$k could anyone assume it was a grog voucher? Your Bell Gully quote is open to interpretation and in the context of Racecafe comps, it doesn’t apply. Get real. 

Oh come on trump you can do better than that. The prizes offered were clearly for drinking. Maybe you had a bad day at the nineteenth.